[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

Can we have an option to turn off the "Here and Now" button please.  It's redundant and takes up limited space for other mods, and I don't have any intent to use that feature.

Edited by Alshain

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

Can we have an option to turn off the "Here and Now" button please.  It's redundant and takes up limited space for other mods, and I don't have any intent to use that feature.

why redundant?

i use it in blizzy's toolbar and so its gone in the applauncher anyway

Either me or this mod is missing something ... :wink:

Is there a way or could you implement it, to use the "here and now" window to show all available experiments, even if they are 100% complete? I could not find anything in the config files that looked like it would do this for me.

I would like to use this mod as a "science main control station" during flight. Basically avoiding to bind all experiments for every new craft again and again. So, maybe a button on the window - or even just a config option - to not hide run/complete experiments? :)

Regarding @Alshain's request: How about a hotkey like Kerbal Engineer uses?

9 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Is there a way or could you implement it, to use the "here and now" window to show all available experiments, even if they are 100% complete? I could not find anything in the config files that looked like it would do this for me.

Look at settings of the main [x] Science window. :)

I didn't try if it's visible in the Here and Now window, but you can display completed experiment in the main window.

17 minutes ago, maja said:

Look at settings of the main [x] Science window. :)

I didn't try if it's visible in the Here and Now window, but you can display completed experiment in the main window.

You should have tried. :wink:

No, these buttons are indeed only for the global listing of experiments.

10 hours ago, Speadge said:

why redundant?

i use it in blizzy's toolbar and so its gone in the applauncher anyway

It's redundant because you only need one or the other.  Either you use Here and Now or you use [x] Science!.  Not very many people are going to use both since they do the same thing in different ways, so it is a redundant icon on your flight toolbar.  To be honest, it would be better just having it as two separate mods.

Edited by Alshain

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

It's redundant because you only need one or the other.  Either you use Here and Now or you use [x] Science!.  Not very many people are going to use both since they do the same thing in different ways, so it is a redundant icon on your flight toolbar.  To be honest, it would be better just having it as two separate mods.

wont u have two buttons then anyway.

btw, u can deactivate the Here& now icon and use "Experiment Tracker" - so u have two different mods

Edited by Speadge

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I use both.  Here and now lets me trigger the experiments as I enter biomes, and [x]Science lets me look through the "catalogue" of what's out there to get without me being there.

Just now, Speadge said:

wont u have two buttons than anyway.

btw, u can deactivate the Here& now icon and use "Experiment Tracker" - so u have two different mods

No, not if you only install one of the mods.  But really I would be fine with an option to just turn it off.

I don't see a setting anywhere to deactivate the Here & Now icon.

Just now, Alshain said:

No, not if you only install one of the mods.  But really I would be fine with an option to just turn it off.

I don't see a setting anywhere to deactivate the Here & Now icon.

u can use blizzys toolbar - just install and "dont activate" the icon

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I'm not talking about Blizzy's toolbar, I'm talking about the stock AppLauncher.

i know.. but they disappear there if u use blizzys

Edited by Speadge

1 minute ago, Speadge said:

well, in blizzys u can configure each of those buttons - but both will disappear from stock applauncher

I just said I don't want both to disappear from the stock app launcher.  Is there something you don't understand about me talking about the stock app launcher?  I'm not using Blizzy's toobar.  This is a request for the stock applauncher to have a setting to turn off one of the buttons.  That's it!

@Z-Key Aerospace thank you for your mod!

The same as: @Wyzard @dezgard

In version 1.3 I'm experiencing stutters every few seconds while the x-science windows are open. I've also tested this on clear instal with just x-science installed and it still happens. In 1.2.2 I didn't have this problem.

edit: I've turned off 'debris check' and it didn't help. When the x-science UI is closed, everything is ok but when it's opened I get stuttering every 5-10 seconds.

Edited by strozyk85

On 16.6.2017 at 5:12 PM, strozyk85 said:

@Z-Key Aerospace thank you for your mod!

The same as: @Wyzard @dezgard

In version 1.3 I'm experiencing stutters every few seconds while the x-science windows are open. I've also tested this on clear instal with just x-science installed and it still happens. In 1.2.2 I didn't have this problem.

edit: I've turned off 'debris check' and it didn't help. When the x-science UI is closed, everything is ok but when it's opened I get stuttering every 5-10 seconds.

Same here.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

hm, for me it occurs every few seconds without changing the biome/area.

hmmm.. strange. are experiments available meanwhile or not? does it happen when u sit on launchpad and wait?

9 minutes ago, Speadge said:

hmmm.. strange. are experiments available meanwhile or not? does it happen when u sit on launchpad and wait?

experiments are available and yes, it occurs when I sit on the launchpad/runway/ every other biom. It occurs everytime when I open the x-science-window.

There are alot of traces coming out of X-Science:

[LOG 21:25:46.852] [6/18/2017 9:25:46 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - ScienceThisBiome: 5 / 0
[LOG 21:25:50.012] [6/18/2017 9:25:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Finding Module for Science Report: SRExperiment03
[LOG 21:25:50.012] [6/18/2017 9:25:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Running Experiment SRExperiment03 on part SR.Payload.01
[LOG 21:25:50.012] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 21:25:50.012] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
[LOG 21:25:50.702] [6/18/2017 9:25:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Finding Module for Science Report: SRExperiment04
[LOG 21:25:50.702] [6/18/2017 9:25:50 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Running Experiment SRExperiment04 on part SR.Payload.02
[LOG 21:25:50.702] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 21:25:50.702] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
[LOG 21:25:51.284] [6/18/2017 9:25:51 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Finding Module for Science Report: SRExperiment01
[LOG 21:25:51.284] [6/18/2017 9:25:51 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Running Experiment SRExperiment01 on part SR.Payload.03
[LOG 21:25:51.284] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 21:25:51.284] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
[LOG 21:25:51.821] [6/18/2017 9:25:51 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Finding Module for Science Report: SRExperiment02
[LOG 21:25:51.821] [6/18/2017 9:25:51 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (StatusWindow) - Running Experiment SRExperiment02 on part SR.Payload.04
[LOG 21:25:51.821] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 21:25:51.821] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1

On 6/5/2017 at 4:43 PM, canisin said:

I felt curious and took a look at the code :D

I present the following change request: @Z-Key Aerospace

In file StatusWindow.cs, line 327,

replace

if( _filter.TotalCount - _filter.CompleteCount > 0 )

with

if (_filter.DisplayScienceInstances.Any(x => CanRunExperiment(x)))

This will mean that warp will be stopped if there are runnable experiments, rather than incomplete experiments! If I had some better github knowledge I would rather put this up as a pull request, but I don't :( Please excuse me for cluttering the forum like this.

I have created a pull request for this! :D

https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science/pull/16

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.