Agar.io

Kinglet

I played this when it was mentioned in the Voar thread. I like it. I named my cell after one of the largest empires in history. Darn the people who found out the art of split killing.:mad:

Splitting is non-honorable, It should be banned.

im also that person who hides under those green pads for pretection

They are very useful indeed. They're called Viruses, so far as I know.

Perhaps we should preface our names with the tag [KSP] so we can identify each other and team up. I'm usually on as "VIRUS FARMER"

I did a little writeup of Agar.io tactics for y'all:

Gameplay

Mass and Score: Your cell starts out with an (invisible) mass number of 10. Every little pellet you eat increases your mass by 1, and you lose mass over time at a rate which increases with your size, until you return to the base mass of 10. Your score is a record of the highest mass you have reached during the current play session. You can use score to keep track of your mass initially, but as you grow bigger/play longer it becomes less useful.

The leaderboards display which players have the most mass, not the highest scorers.

Viruses are the green spiky star-things. If you're smaller than them (generally less than ~100 mass) you can hide behind them. If you're much bigger, they'll pop you into smaller cells if you overlap them too much.

Grazing vs. Hunting: Eating pellets, which I refer to as grazing, tends to be most effective when you first start out, up until you reach between 300-400 mass. After that, the rate at which your cell loses mass becomes too great and outpaces your grazing gains. After this point, you will need to hunt other cells in order to grow larger.

In order to consume a cell you are hunting, you should generally have a radius at least somewhere (at a rough guesstimate) between 1/10 to 1/4 larger than the enemy cell. If you are significantly larger than the other cell, you can split (press SPACEBAR) to divide your cell into two halves and throw one half toward your cursor. If you are being chased and/or have been cornered by another cell, you can also split to try and save yourself from total destruction. As you grow larger, you become much slower, so it is easiest to run away from other cells when your components are small. Being very large also reduces your split-kill range.

Pressing W ejects a small pellet of your mass. You can eject as much mass as you want, as fast as you want, until you reach your base mass. This is useful to increase your speed somewhat, but the mass you eject can be consumed by other players before you manage to reach it.

You can also eject mass into a Virus to make it grow larger. If you grow a virus large enough, it will divide, launching another virus in the same direction that you shot the last pellet into it. The new virus will travel around 5 unenlarged viral diameters before slowing to a stop. This can be used to attack other cells, or to build a barrier against large cells, but be careful that they can do the same to you. It takes around ~8 to 10 pellets to grow a new Virus.

Hunting tactics

Since your prey usually moves faster than you do, you have to trick them in some way to negate their speed advantage if you can't split-kill them.

You usually want your prey to be crossing your path diagonally, instead of trying to chase them in a straight line. This is because when they're moving diagonally against your path, some of their speed is used in lateral motion instead of escaping you, allowing you to close in on them.

It's always best to try and chase your prey into a corner or at least against a wall, so they'll have the least directions to run. If your prey has a significant lead on you, you should try to stay somewhat away from the wall yourself, so your prey won't be able to dodge away from the wall without running through your path.

Chasing your prey toward other large cells (especially other potential prey) can also be helpful. Getting multiple cells into a corner is very good, but beware that one cell doesn't consume the rest before you get there and get big enough to eat you back.

You can also hunt larger cells, using your speed advantage to bait them toward a Virus and pop them. Once you pop the enemy cell, a cluster of varying-size components will explode from them, mostly small cells. In my experience it's best to be at least around 1/2 to 3/4 as big as your target in order to successfully hunt a larger cell, since you'll need to catch up with the smaller cells.

Prey tactics

You can reasonably outrun most threats until you reach size 100 and become as big as a standard Virus. If you overlap a Virus too much after this point, it will pop you (but you can still overlap a significant amount). If you're being chased, you can also try eating fast enough that you'll grow too big to be eaten.

Viruses are your only "tool" in the game, serving as both weapons and a shield, so they are the only way to defend against hunters. It's useful to stay close to them if you think you're in danger; when you're small you can hide under them, and when you're large you can attack cells with them. If you're being chased, try to lure your attacker toward a virus; if they continue chasing you, you can "seed" the virus by feeding it with W, so you won't have to spend as much time making it split.

Once you have a clear shot into your enemy's cell(s), you can split the virus and pop your attacker. If you can't make a clear shot, you can still use the split virus as another barrier.

If you're a large cell being attacked with a Virus, try to stay around 5 viral diameters away from any viruses.

If we all teamed together, maybe we can fill an entire server with viruses so nobody can get big anymore, haha.

Edited by Accelerando

Another prey tactic is to change directions frequently and in 90 degrees. If they split it only goes forwards, so if you change direction enough you can escape its range.

I once got to 6 on the USA East leaderboard. Till the leader devoured me while i wasn't looking.

All of my great Prussian empires ended in being split killed. I think they should change it so the other cell pops out in a random direction when you split. It may result in a few angry try hards and the second cell flying into a bigger cell, but it's better than mass split killings.

All of my great Prussian empires ended in being split killed.

I'm pro-split kill tbh, how else can you actually attack? If you can actually eat them, then they're smaller and faster. It's literally a stalemate unless you can split (or pull off a tricky virus-duplicating maneuver and they panic, but that's hard and only a real option at 300+ mass)

I can rarely kill unless it's a split, or they literally run into me.

I'm pro-split kill tbh, how else can you actually attack? If you can actually eat them, then they're smaller and faster. It's literally a stalemate unless you can split (or pull off a tricky virus-duplicating maneuver and they panic, but that's hard and only a real option at 300+ mass)

I can rarely kill unless it's a split, or they literally run into me.

Yeah, you're right. I did not realize it's just like Minecraft pvp. It's great killing others, but annoying being killed.

Edited by CelticCossack51
apostrophes are cool. Also where did my 'right' go?

Wondering what everyone high scores are I have got #1 on may different servers such as Europe, US west, US east and China. My highest score so far is about 14k before i lost cause i decayed to fast and split into 4. (at 14k you decay about 100 points a second) Very fun Game and very addicting to say the least Just started playing yesterday and already logged around 5 or 6 hours into it.skZA5Br.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Any way to ban a webpage permanently? I'm serious, the 30 minute time is fun when you're big, but its not fun spending 3 hours growing and then being killed by the top 5 able to split and kill me constantly... It's damn addictive but I hate it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.