I just noticed something...

lol people notice the dumbest things in this game. I can think of an a few extremely inappropriate reasons why it would be more beneficial for a male Kerbal to have a tongue and the female does not...

Because males like ice cream more?

Perhaps the Hitchhiker's Guide to Kerbals can shed some light on this mystery! ...Hmm... Apparently that's not actually a tongue that male Kerbals have. It's not even part of their bodies, in fact. Male Kerbals like to stick ping-pong-paddle-like devices in their mouths during launches so they have something cool to rattle around while screaming. Female Kerbals are generally more mature than that. Well then!

So, I imagine that this has to do with Kerbal evolution. Since, it has been proposed in past discussions, that Kerbals could be amphibian.... it would make sense that the males have more of a 'voice', as IRL male frogs are the ones who sing.

Also, on the main menu with the Kerbals in orbit around Kerbin, the 3 male Kerbals have the yellow glass on their helmets:

8dq4Davl.png

while the female (Valentina?) doesn't:

RCcHlYkl.png

Seems kinda pointless to wear a helmet in a vacuum with a huge hole at the front where the glass should be, eh?

Seems kinda pointless to wear a helmet in a vacuum with a huge hole at the front where the glass should be, eh?

Maybe that explains why she looks so pale and lifeless...

Perhaps the Hitchhiker's Guide to Kerbals can shed some light on this mystery! ...Hmm... Apparently that's not actually a tongue that male Kerbals have. It's not even part of their bodies, in fact. Male Kerbals like to stick ping-pong-paddle-like devices in their mouths during launches so they have something cool to rattle around while screaming. Female Kerbals are generally more mature than that. Well then!

I thought that's how they managed to keep both hands on the controls and simultaneously hold onto their rocks-on-strings for timing burns?

Hm. Female tourists have tongues. I just started career, and I'm taking up a male & a female tourist and they were both panting like dogs and completely freaking out. I don't think I'm getting repeat business there.