[1.4.1] Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments

ManuxKerb

Hello Customer,

Congratulations! You have some interest in your scientific leftovers as we move to to other goals.

This science experiments are built by MKerb Industries, Inc.

All complaints to their legal department on Kerbin.

Not suitable for children who can't withstand 3 Gees.

gkCE7FG.png

Version

Spacedock:

http://spacedock.info/mod/475/Mkerb%20Inc.%20Science%20Instruments

License:

GPL3

Have fun!

Known Issues:

1) The parts will show up multiple times in the R&D if you upgrade an old savegame (with the old parts!) with the new parts due to the reassigning of the tech tree nodes. (only cosmetic issue!)

- New Games do work fine.

- If you dont have any old version installed you are also set.

- If you did not reseach the reqired nodes you are also fine.-> This happens because researched technilogies gets saved inside the save file.

Ch'angelog:

- Support for localization added. (Volunteers please step forward if you know DEU, ES, and the other languages :)

- Nerfed the science to make it not so powerful

- Some small tweaks

*1.0b

- Updated for 1.4.1

- Science reward tweaks

- Integration of Indicator lights (you need the Indicator Lights mod for this!)

- Textures changed to fit better in Kerbal 1.4.1 universe.

• Tags for searching
  • official 1.2.2 release

*0.8-beta

• Tested in 1.1 pre-release (1.1 should be AWESOME!)
  • Slight changes to Textures
  • Balancing for 1.1

- Fixed Eva collection bug.

*0.6a

- A typo made the 0.6 update useless, now fixed!

- Fixed bug in the ABS as the transmission value was reported way to high.

- New models

- A lot of balancing

- Changed folder structure for future updates, make sure you delete the old Mkerb folder!

- Price tweaks to better reflect the actual parts

- Unofficial support for New Horizons planets mod. (No further support will be given.)

- Support for Outer planets mod. (Not every planet was added to every experiment to increase the fun, i mixed it:)

- MeCripp converted textures to dds. Thanks

- Some small rewrites.

Edited by ManuxKerb
new version

Hi Krakenfour,

For now only Outer Plantes Mod is supported, but also not all planets from that, to make it more interesting. However i just looked at New Horizons and some planets are like the stock one, so it will work on some of them.

I'm planning an update for New Horizon tho but it could take a while.

Thanks

Hi Krakenfour,

For now only Outer Plantes Mod is supported, but also not all planets from that, to make it more interesting. However i just looked at New Horizons and some planets are like the stock one, so it will work on some of them.

I'm planning an update for New Horizon tho but it could take a while.

Thanks

What kind of work is involved? Can you just copy/paste a list of planet names and set a flat-rate science multiplier?

Hi

Something like that. The hard part is to think of some cool lines, who are not used before and are cool and kerbal like, also they should fit the planet who they are apperaring :-)

Can you post some sort of pre-release version with just a single, generic message for all experiments?

Hello Krakenfour,

I looked into the support of New Horizons, and it turns out that it will conflict with OPM and the stock game.

So what does this mean ?

- As NH rearanges the planets and how far they are from each other readings from the ABS will not make sense when you use NH.

For this reason i will not officially support NH. However as work already has begun, i will include it in a somewhat beta stage. So it will work and you get some readings but sometimes they are not ligical.

The only fix for that would be to make special for NH new science defenitions and thats to much work for me atm.

Latest version (with new Micro Radiation Device) broke my savegame, causing game to CTD multiple times The other new models did not break the game. Also prevents Kerbals from being displayed on vessels that have the parts. I reverted to the original models, and the savegame is fine now. I'm using my Engineer to remove these parts from all vessels so I have no future problems.

Edited by Apollo13

Hi Appolo,

Thanks for the bugreport.

Also prevents Kerbals from being displayed on vessels that have the parts.

I could not replicate that. The Kerbas portrais are displayed and the kerbals sow up on eve etc.

I would need more info, what where yo doing etc. Also a log would be very helpful. (KSP & Player)

Thanks

Edit:

I did some more testing in my stock game and in my heavyly modded game. I never expirienced CTD and or any of the issues you are reporting. As it is just a part with a config file, i do not mess with camera or any other visual thing. So i can't really make sense why this would make your kerbals not show up.

However i noticed that on a save game the part does appear multiple times in the R&D because i changed the research nodes. Bt this should not lead to the errors you see.

Also a modlist of you would be awesome.

Edit2:

Do you use Windows ? Are you near your RAM Limit ? CTDs can happen if you use too much ram. As i use new models with new textures they need a bit free RAM.

Edited by ManuxKerb

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit) with 12 gig RAM, so not at memory limit. As for what I was doing, I simply selected the station from map view. I think what may have happened is that I had the four parts packed closely together on the station. When I used the new models, which are much larger, probably had multiple nasty collisions. By reverting to original models, the collisions went away.

Game is heavily modded. I had no problems until using latest vision of parts. Reverting to old parts fixed the problem. I wish there was a way to easily get a mod listing.

Edited by Apollo13

Hi Apollo,

That with the collision is maybe a point. Did you try the new parts with a new save and a new vessel ?

Also KSP (1.02) does NOT suport 64 bit on Windows, that means it can only use 3,X Gigabiyte of RAM. So it could very well be that you are at your RAM limit. For the Ram Limitation of Windows KSP search the forums. I'm sure it has been discussed.

Could you provide the KSP log? If it is a memory issue, it will be in there.

Edit: Try to install Active Texture Mangement -> https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/418/Active%20Texture%20Management

Edited by ManuxKerb

- Unofficial support for New Horizons planets mod. (No further support will be given.)

very nice! still missing the newer planets (Leouch & Etal), however I'm impressed...and shocked that i didn't know about this mod earlier. Will go nicely in my next playthrough when i finally finish the work on my latest update :D

Hi KillAshley,

Unfortunatelly NH does change the layout of the system so much that Mkerb would show weird things in the Games of PPL who use stock or just not NH. For that reason the support is unofficial. You could write a science definition just for the NH mod. I would be happy to distribute both of it. So the player can then choose :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.