[WIP][1.0.2] WarpShip 0.3.2 - Update/expansion of IXS Enterprise

Sophia

16 hours ago, Denko666 said:

The develocitizer is non functional at the moment. It used to serve a purpose with the previous warpdrive module. But since we now use @RoverDude's it has become unnecessary. 

Are there any plans to convert it to or replace it with another pod? Perhaps supply storage (fuel, supplies, etc) or some other science gathering purpose? It's a nice visual that I'd hate to see go away.

4 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Are there any plans to convert it to or replace it with another pod? Perhaps supply storage (fuel, supplies, etc) or some other science gathering purpose? It's a nice visual that I'd hate to see go away.

Oh i have no intention whatsoever to do away with it. Like you said, it's much too nice for that. Besides, its a part of the original IXS look. I just need to find a purpose for it. All the sensors are now being housed in the pod with the antenna, Science experiments go into the pod with the red hexagon. The filtery thingy does particle collection. The pod with the 2 rings does Antimatter collection, even though in the current resource setup that has no purpose. I was toying with the idea of putting surveying modules into the blue pod by the time KSP 1.2 goes live. There used to be even more pod designs, but they seem to have been lost as the mod changed hands.

Slightly newer version posted:

0.3.9.1: October 7 2016
- Sorted parts into proper categories
- Sorted Science Sensors into Sensor pod
- Sorted Survey Scanners into Scanner pod (the pod formerly known as develocitizer)
- Sorted Science Experiments into Science pod
- Consolidated the QV and MPD drive

This version is for KSP1.2_pre and can be downloaded here 

I'm trying to sort out a way to land on a planet I have the landing struts sorted out on a non warp capable version, but I can't seem to find the right engines for the decent and I don't have the skill to make that xenon based thruster tweakscale compatible :( Not a huge fan of those RCS engines....

nwZYbge.png

Edited by pheenix99

1 hour ago, pheenix99 said:

I'm trying to sort out a way to land on a planet I have the landing struts sorted out on a non warp capable version, but I can't seem to find the right engines for the decent and I don't have the skill to make that xenon based thruster tweakscale compatible :( Not a huge fan of those RCS engines....

nwZYbge.png

The IXS is not suited to land anywhere, just for orbital operations. However, probably with some huge landing legs (SpaceX style), you'll be able to land an airless body as a tailsitter.

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

The IXS is not suited to land anywhere, just for orbital operations. However, probably with some huge landing legs (SpaceX style), you'll be able to land an airless body as a tailsitter.

That's what I was trying to avoid. If I can attach a small lander within the confines of the warp bubble, that might be worth trying. A bit disappointing since there's a ladder long enough to reach from the cargo bay to the ground

6 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

That's what I was trying to avoid. If I can attach a small lander within the confines of the warp bubble, that might be worth trying. A bit disappointing since there's a ladder long enough to reach from the cargo bay to the ground

The actual IXS design has 2 pods attached, one bottom, one top of the main hull. But those have never been modelled for KSP so far. The attachment points on the main hull are there though. 

enterprise-detail.png

I could make a 3D model of them, but i have no clue how to do the animation and the colliders and stuff.

Edited by Denko666

On 10/8/2016 at 8:01 PM, Denko666 said:

The actual IXS design has 2 pods attached, one bottom, one top of the main hull. But those have never been modelled for KSP so far. The attachment points on the main hull are there though. 

I could make a 3D model of them, but i have no clue how to do the animation and the colliders and stuff.

I just slap extra xenon tanks there. I'm hoping that integrated or add on RCS thrusters will make an appearance one day.

Anyone have any tips on how to warp from one planet to another without requiring a stupid amount of dv to enter into a stable orbit? If I just point and warp, I end up in the system significantly faster than I should be (ie: 8,000 dv to circularize). I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong.

4 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Anyone have any tips on how to warp from one planet to another without requiring a stupid amount of dv to enter into a stable orbit? If I just point and warp, I end up in the system significantly faster than I should be (ie: 8,000 dv to circularize). I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not an expert, but usually, if you turn on the Warp Drive in a very high orbit and turn it off in your SOI target with the lower periapsis possible, usually you'll be able to circularize without spending enormous amount of fuel.

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

I'm not an expert, but usually, if you turn on the Warp Drive in a very high orbit and turn it off in your SOI target with the lower periapsis possible, usually you'll be able to circularize without spending enormous amount of fuel.

But wouldn't I accelerate (and add to the dv required) as I approach the periapsis?

32 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Lower the periapsis, higher the orbital speed ", less Delta/V you need to reduce your eccentricity.

Guess I'll start a sandbox game and play with it. Now I really wish the develocitizer was functional :P

Edited by pheenix99

• 4 weeks later...

No flame effect coming out of my QV engine. Engine works, creates thrust, just no visual.

Amazing work reviving this mod by the way. Almost toooo much awesome! :D

Also, is there suppose to be lighting in the windows? Seems there was none in the original IXS mod so maybe is just not a thing.

Edited by KCheese
Missing info

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.