[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

Regarding Portrait Stats.

Have you any way to scale it with the UI size?

It looks fine on larger than normal, and down to small ui size.

But when using the two smalles UI options, "quite small" (or what its called), and Tiny ui size the stars / icons go over the names / faces of the kerbals

Edited by Omez

Version 3 of Portrait Stats is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

The only change is better handling of different UI scales. The icons are still a little big on the tiny and quite small UI sizes, but they shouldn't overlap any of the other UI elements.

Oh eM Geee! Thank you so much for portrait icons :D With 6 or more Kerbals in the crew i had to repeatedly go to map mode and then scroll through crew roster to make sure i'm sending a scientist on EVA to take sensor readings. Now i have information of who is who at main screen. You are awesome :D

How about this:

http://i.imgur.com/BSYKJFn.png

Get version 2 on Kerbal Stuff.

The icons are now outlined in black and the stars are arranged vertically along the right side of the portrait.

Very nice. The only thing I might recommend is to somehow indicate when a Kerbal has enough experience for another level, but will need to return to Kerbin to receive that next level. Perhaps putting a dot in the pending dark star or stars, and only filling it when the Kerbal actually has achieved the level? Might start to make things look cluttered though.

Would it be possible to have a different color in the portrait icon for tourists, instead of the same red as pilots? I imagine a gray or purple might do the trick. Maybe brown? Anyway, still lovin' this thing.

This really isn't worth your valuable time, but when the portraits slide over, the icons (sometimes?) appear beforehand; the kerbal pictures then slide in behind them.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by amorymeltzer

For portrait stats can we get an icon for "badS"ery? I suggest a donkey. ;']

Hmm, perhaps some indication of stupidity and bravery too.

Stupidity, bravery and badassery has indication directly in stock portraits as face impression ;)

I updated the Celestial Body Science Parameter editor and included it here; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It works the same as before (some of the config node names have changed though, so existing configs are incompatible); just edit the included config file to increase or decrease the science gain from any situation on any celestial body, you can also add config nodes for any mod planets.

I uploaded a new modlet here; EVA Transfer; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

LEckmBh.png

This provides a stand-alone EVA resource transfer mechanism. See the GitHub or Kerbal Stuff documentation for more details.

It allows for multiple resources to be transferred to and from two disconnected vessels. A Kerbal on EVA can grab the resource transfer pipe (which must be attached to the source vessel in the VAB/SPH, KIS support may come later) and carry it over to a second vessel within the maximum allowable distance. Once connected the EVA resource transfer window can be opened to control the transfer of resources between the two vessels. The connection does not dock the two vessels together, it is purely cosmetic, and all of the resource transfer logic is handled by the addon itself, not stock mechanisms.

The stock Fuel line part is used (and Ven's stock part revamp fuel line is supported if that is installed); if anyone feels like creating a replacement part I would be more than happy to include it here. The part has some fairly strict requirements about how its individual game objects are arranged, the stock fuel line can provide a good example if you import it into Blender/Unity.

There are a number of configuration options available in the included part config file; see the first post and the documentation for more details about these options and the currently known issues.

Let me know if anyone discovers any other bugs or has questions about how any of the features work.

I discovered a bug. This mod is far too awesome to just be a modlet. :D Well done, sir!

Yeah, it definitely strains my self-imposed definition, but I maintain that it does only one thing. And I'm tired of keeping track of so many threads...

Stupidity, bravery and badassery has indication directly in stock portraits as face impression ;)

Not exactly a direct indication though is it. "Ahh, that Kerbal has about 75% stupidity and 50% bravery because he is looks moderately unworried while pulling 5Gs." doesn't really happen.

Very nice. The only thing I might recommend is to somehow indicate when a Kerbal has enough experience for another level, but will need to return to Kerbin to receive that next level. Perhaps putting a dot in the pending dark star or stars, and only filling it when the Kerbal actually has achieved the level? Might start to make things look cluttered though.

reading this, i had an idea, perhaps when the kerbal in question has enough experience for another level(s), the outline of the (still empty) star(s) changes to another colour? So if the kerbal is level 2, but has enough experience for level 3, but has yet to return to kerbal, the outline of the 3rd start turns from black to yellow, or whatever colour the modder feels works best.

of course, i don't think i've read the rest of the thread, so this could have all been resolved and i simply haven't read that far, so if so, my apologies for the redundant post :P

EVA transfer looks great. From the video on KerbalStuff it looks like it does an 'initiated transfer' (I mean like you press 'start' and it starts) - how does it act if it's connected to a generator (e.g. solar array)? can you use it like a 'power line'?

Let me know if anyone discovers any other bugs or has questions about how any of the features work.

OK, looks like i'm going to be first...

I've put line between two ships, opened EVA Transfer window, choose amount of resource, clicked "Begin Transfer" button and... nothing happened. Amount sliders reset back to 0% instantly and no transfer was completed.

Here's screenshot of testing setup:

GfGOolel.jpg

Here is persistent file from save for scenario reproduction, if you need it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9gx8i9yx5rhgoi/persistent.sfs?dl=0

And here is output_log.txt (it is a way too bloated, but may be useful?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wstde743svyeam/output_log.txt?dl=0

What else information do you need?

EDIT:

and second one:

previously cut fuel lines reset after game loading:

vNeN9Lvl.jpg

Edited by DragonEG