[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

Is there a way to show the courage and stupidity stats for the tooltips as well? Because I thought that's what you might have included in there.

I assume these are used for some mods? Do they have any stock purpose?

In any event, courage, stupidity, badassery, and experience amounts are all things that should be added to the tooltips. The first three can probably go in the trait tooltip (since it's always shown, regardless of game type) and the experience amount (current / experience for next level) can go in the star icon tooltip.

And yes, maybe I'll make the wrench yellow. :kiss:

These are great DM, and timely. I noticed that I really wasn't building stuff in the field, but got concerned that if I uninstalled some of the other great mods that take care of ship connecting that I'd lose the ability to resource transfer.

The portraits are useful now! Yes!!

Portrait Stats version 5.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It adds more info to the tooltips and fixes the lazy black icon outline drawing method I was using before, it also changes the colors a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/6QZEDgd.png

I think the addition's a little off for the experience levels.

I sent six Kerbals on the standard minimal-delta-V-to-level-3 training cruise; Orbit Kerbin (2) Flagplant Minus (6.25), Orbit Sun (6), Flyby Mun (2) for a total of 16.25 XP, which is enough for Level 3 (16).

Upon landing the Kerbals on Kerbin, the Experience: Field still listed Experience: 0/2.

screenshot568.png

Upon recovering the craft, all Kerbals on board were promoted to level 3, as expected.

screenshot569.png

I assume it should have shown Experience: 0/3 as soon as the spacecraft entered the Munar SOI (as the Mun Flyby was the last thing done before returning to Kerbin)? A second spacecraft that's currently orbiting the Mun with Kerbals that have gone through the same ordeal also is showing 0/2, and they each have 17.25 pending XP, by my calculations.

I think the addition's a little off for the experience levels.

Experience isn't granted until you recover the craft (unless you're using Magico's Field Experience) and Portrait Stats reflects that. The experience field will only show experience that has already been granted (the events that gave that experience should show up in the "Career Log" section of the tooltip).

The second part of the experience field, under the slash, is the amount needed to advance to the next level (I think 2, 8, 16, 32, and 64 are required for each level). It doesn't show the actual level, that is handled by the star icons.

I see now that I should probably include the first two digits after the decimal though for the current experience. I had thought those values were always whole numbers, but apparently they aren't.

Ah. My mistake. I assumed the slash was showing the pending level, because all the Kerbals had enough experience to reach level 2 the first time I looked at them after the mod updated.

It would be nice to have that information somewhere, so that the player could know "This Kerbal would go up a level (or levels) if you brought him home now." Possibly by putting dots in the stars where the levels are pending?

Hi DMagic.

I have submitted a pull request on github for portraitstats to fix a couple of issues with portraitstats compatibility with DeepFreeze Continued... and RPM.

As well as remove portraitstats from EVA mode as it is incorrectly displaying stats over a non-existent portrait camera for the wrong kerbal.

Hope you are ok with these changes?

Cheers,

JPLRepo

Hi DMagic.

I have submitted a pull request on github for portraitstats to fix a couple of issues with portraitstats compatibility with DeepFreeze Continued... and RPM.

As well as remove portraitstats from EVA mode as it is incorrectly displaying stats over a non-existent portrait camera for the wrong kerbal.

Hope you are ok with these changes?

Cheers,

JPLRepo

Thanks for that. I'll add these in for the next version.

I dont normally log in to give praise... I'm ashamed to admit it. But this is one of those mods that makes me want to break that habit and say thank you for such a simple yet needed mod. I will never again slap the palm of my hand upon my head when I land another scientist instead of an engineer ever again! Kerbalkind thanks you my friend!

Portrait Stats v6.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It fixes a compatibility issue with Deep Freeze and RPM (thanks JPLRepo), adds a brief timer when exiting map view (to prevent the portraits from sliding in under the labels) and adds 2 digits to the current experience level. I would also add 2 digits to the experience shown for each entry in the flight/career logs, but those are generated using a stock method and I don't really want to rewrite that myself. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

i have complete to retexture the biosuites to match lovly with the portais stats :)

http://imgur.com/YFYQxc9,cG0nslK#0

YFYQxc9.jpg

cG0nslK.jpg

portais icon and level stars on the helmet http://cloud.directupload.net/19lL

- - - Updated - - -

... since the update of texture replacer the lvl 2 3 4 and 5 stars helmet doesnt work dont know how to fix it

it only works with texture replacer 2.4.6

- - - Updated - - -

here is the bugfix from shaw, so all works fine in texture replacer 2.4.8

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-1-0-4-TextureReplacer-2-4-8-%2813-8-2015%29/page90

Edited by Shaymes

• 5 weeks later...
Is it possible detach and reattach the EVAFuelLine base part using KIS?

I haven't actually tried it, but it's something that I've been planning to add. You can see what happens if you add the KIS module to the part and attach it.