Help using Mech Jeb to orbit Mun

So I have been finding Mech Jeb pretty fun to use. I have a satellite orbiting the Mun, but since I never landed I cannot figure out the procedures for getting Mech Jeb to orbit the Mun. I always have to take my ship off of autopilot and manually set the orbit for the Mun. Its been great practice because I'm so new to the game, but what am I missing. In other words, is there a super simple way of getting it to orbit like in the Ascent Guidance window?

Thanks!

Edited by mackadelik

So I have been finding Mech Jeb pretty fun to use. I have a satellite orbiting the Mun, but since I never landed I cannot figure out the procedures for getting Mech Jeb to orbit the Mun. I always have to take my ship off of autopilot and manually set the orbit for the Mun. Its been great practice because I'm so new to the game, but what am I missing. In other words, is there a super simple way of getting it to orbit like in the Ascent Guidance window?

Thanks!

Mechjeb (at least in my experience) always plots a direct intercept. If you plot the node without executing it, you can then adjust it accordingly before letting the autopilot perform the burn, but it sounds like you're already doing that. So far as I know there's no function to set up a complete orbit.

Well i find it easy to just set the node myself and let mechjeb execute my node for orbiting planets. The landing autopilot works great but make sure you choose somewhere flat or make it so your lander can never be toppled even landing on a slope because mecjeb doesn't care about slopes it just lands you wherever you chose for him to land.

if you want to rely fully on mechjeb you can go like this:

1. ascend autopilot into something like 75 km (the lower the better, but you should avoid falling back into the atmosphere, so 75 is what I usually use)

2. select mun and use hohman transfer to target. Tweak node to get the closest encounter match your desired orbit high and execute it

3. fast forward to the SOI change (the new handy '>>' buttons)

4. use the circularize feature, choose @ periapsis and execute it

Not a single 'I win'-button but close enough :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.