Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

6OMcbQh.png

Made more progress on the Big-S overhaul and got some Big-S elevons made

Ri12LjV.png

Also started on a Big-S scale WiP Airbrake. Current plan was to make 1 or 2 large airbrakes for wings, and another one or two medium airbrakes for fuselage placement/smaller craft as well.

1 minute ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Made more progress on the Big-S overhaul and got some Big-S elevons made

Also started on a Big-S scale WiP Airbrake. Current plan was to make 1 or 2 large airbrakes for wings, and another one or two medium airbrakes for fuselage placement/smaller craft as well.

Does that mean  that the Big-S parts will match the stock parts now? :cool:

M3X dev/test update 1.2 is now up, for all of you who want to fool around with the new wings / stress test their configuration options.when building non-standard wing shapes.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.2
==================================
-Model Rework; CLEAVER now has fairing, bottom attach node
-Model Rework: Concentric Aerospike now has fairing, bottom attach node
-Model Rework: Linear Aerospike now has fairing, bottom attach node
-Model Rework: Hades NTR now has fairing
-Model Rework: Big-S wing segments now standardized, configurable, stock compatible
-New part: Big-S small Delta Wing
-New part: Big-S large Delta Wing
-New part: Big-S Elevon C
-New part: Big-S Elevon D
-new Part: Big-S Elevon E

@Frankenfinger308: It's a mistake on my end; i forgot to include the necessary Module Manager patch to make the Sievert function. I've re-uploaded a fixed version of M3X 1.2 which contains it; alternatively you can copy the following code into a text document and save it as a .cfg somewhere in your Kerbal Space Program/Gamedata folder:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake],@RESOURCE[IntakeAir],!RESOURCE[IntakeAtm]]:NEEDS[!WarpPlugin]
{
	+MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]{ 
	@resourceName = IntakeAtm
	@checkForOxygen = false
	}

+RESOURCE[IntakeAir]{
	@name = IntakeAtm
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, got a few things to report.

Mk3E's linear aerospike's smoke trail effect comes out sideways from the nozzle. I compared its config file to the Mk2 version and found it lacks the "localRotation = 1, 0, 0, -90" line under the smoke effects section. I tried adding this and it fixed the issue.

The Mk3 Short Truncated Saddletank doesn't orient correctly in mirror symmetry.

Mk3-2 Cockpit's description still says IVA isn't ready, but it seems to be complete (but maybe another mod I'm using like RPM adds one for it instead).

AASRBs with jettisoning staged are jettisoned at the same time they're activated, rather than when they run out of fuel.

The suspension of the SPL Heavy-Duty Landing System from Mk2E doesn't seem to work; it provides no resistance once deployed and the craft just drops to the ground.

Edited by Guest

-Huh. How did I miss that? It'll be fixed next update
-Truncated saddletanks not mirroring is a known issue, stems from KSP being unable to properly mirror non-symmetrical parts
-Looks like I forgot to update the mk3-2's description when I added the IVA, i'll fix it for next update
-The radial AASRBS work like the 10m inflatable heatshield, and by default they shouldn't be jettisoning when staged - did you switch them from 'Jettison Not Staged' to 'Jettison Staged' in the SPH/VAB? 'Jettison Not Staged' they will activate when staged, and decoupled via action group; 'Jettison Staged' they will activate via action group, and decouple via staging.
-Mk2 Landing leg broken suspension is a known issue, I'm working towards getting them fixed.

Just a mild bug report; the mk 2 tricoupler with the 0.625m's doesn't flow fuel right. I don't even know if this would be something you could fix or if those parts have coded limitations.

Oh, and uh... If you need any ideas... There don't seem to be any good mk 2 bomb bays. Maybe one with hideaway doors?

• 5 weeks later...

@varbles:: No prior KSP modeling experience? Hmm...  While help would be appreciated, I'd prefer to know what sort of skill you have before saying yea or nay. How about you make an example mk3 part so I can see what you can do, and then I'll give you a definitive answer.

@Grand Ship Builder:: Are they installed to the correct location? Both Mk2and Mk3 Expansion should be in the Kerbal Space Program/GameData folder; if they're outside that location the game won't see them and won't load them.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

23 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Grand Ship Builder:: Are they installed to the correct location? Both Mk2and Mk3 Expansion should be in the Kerbal Space Program/GameData folder; if they're outside that location the game won't see them and won't load them.

yes

i put all my mods in the GameData folder. When I load ksp, the parts arent there.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a request in the Mk2 thread for a mk2 fairing; while I don't think the stock fairing modules permit a non-circular cross-section, I was able to kludge together a very, very wip pseudo-procedural fairing:

KGuiNcx.gif
While technically functional, it isn't really optimized, and i'm not sure how well it would work with FAR, so, before I put more time into what potentially is a bondoggle, how much of an interest is there in Mk2 fairings?

@cpt.Iskander: I'm guessing you have Near Future Electrical installed? If so, the Sievert has a NFE reactor module added via MM - you need to manually start the reactor core before the engine produces thrust; alternatively, remove the Mk3Expansion/Patches/M3X_NFE_Functionality.cfg

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@cpt.Iskander: I'm guessing you have Near Future Electrical installed? If so, the Sievert has a NFE reactor module added via MM - you need to manually start the reactor core before the engine produces thrust; alternatively, remove the Mk3Expansion/Patches/M3X_NFE_Functionality.cfg

Many thanks! ))) I'll try )

On 29/09/2016 at 9:01 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

There was a request in the Mk2 thread for a mk2 fairing; while I don't think the stock fairing modules permit a non-circular cross-section, I was able to kludge together a very, very wip pseudo-procedural fairing:

KGuiNcx.gif
While technically functional, it isn't really optimized, and i'm not sure how well it would work with FAR, so, before I put more time into what potentially is a bondoggle, how much of an interest is there in Mk2 fairings?

Positively hyped about this. 

@Mekan1k M2X/M3X are parts mods, so they have fairly good backwards/forwards compatibility. However, stuff that is plugin driven - mesh switching for the configurable parts or additional functionalities added via Module Manager - will need versions of those plugins that are compatible for the version of KSP being used.

On 29/09/2016 at 9:01 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Count me as much interested.