[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

Okay... so I found something very interesting.

Metallic 255 and Smoothness 255 = 100% reflectivity

Red Channel = Metallic value
Green Channel = Smoothness value
Alpha Channel = Occlusion value

... however I cannot seem to get it to work...

Interesting... I don't know if that's updated to 1.2.2 and I haven't seen any images with reflections on parts but the description seems to say it would fix the issues I've been having with TextureReplacer. Though I'd need to revamp everything if I where to switch over.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

Do you know if there is any reflection map stored anywhere in textures ?

If by reflection map you mean what tells the game "what should be reflective and what shouldn't" than yes - the transparency of the part decides how much it reflects (the more opaque it is the more it reflects).

If by reflection map you mean "the 3D environment that is reflected through the part" then no; the reflection is determined by the part creating cameras and taking a 'snapshot' every few seconds of the surrounding world, which is then mapped onto a cube and reflected through the part.

Hope that explains a bit? You need to know that I'm not the creator of the plugin - Shaw is the original inventor and Rangemachine is maintaining it.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly, this still relies on the texture replacer version for ksp 1.1, correct? I'm getting of NRE's with texture replacer ever since I updated EVE and scatterer....

2 hours ago, Tricky14 said:

Ah, this would be really nice to have working again.

Wait, does this not work any more? :0.0: are you using the TextureReplacer version that's linked in the OP?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

14 hours ago, eberkain said:

I'm using the most recent texture replacer build, and I was getting a number of parts like engines that were fully glossy for whatever reason,  Removing window shine removed the problem.  

Which engines are glossing over and what other mods are you using? Are you using any of the compatibility packs in the OP? Also just to make sure - could you tell me the version number of your TR version? The most recent version of TextureReplacer might not be officially listed on the TextureReplacer OP. RangeMachine has been updating it in Shaw's absence and so you may find a newer version on his github. I linked it in the WindowShine OP.

I'm using the 2.5.4 texture replacer and quite alot of mods, and yes I had all the compatibility packs installed.  I remember having issues with a few of the engines in Vens Stock Revamp, even through there was a pack for it.  It was distracting enough that I just pulled window shine from my list.  Plus there are some mods that I like that have no pack yet.   MOLE. 

3 hours ago, eberkain said:

I'm using the 2.5.4 texture replacer and quite alot of mods, and yes I had all the compatibility packs installed.  I remember having issues with a few of the engines in Vens Stock Revamp, even through there was a pack for it.  It was distracting enough that I just pulled window shine from my list.  Plus there are some mods that I like that have no pack yet.   MOLE. 

Quickly, can you try removing the Ven's revamp pack? It's had issues that I've been overlooking :blush:

On 7.3.2017 at 2:06 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Wait, does this not work any more? :0.0: are you using the TextureReplacer version that's linked in the OP?

No, I just install everything via CKAN. Anything that works on it anyhow.

Well, i installed the mod, and it partialy works. Glass reflections are working, but i can't turn on lights. Is this supposed to be?Also when i open the map while being in atmosphere, it starts to blink. I know windowshine can work because Mark Thrimm uses it in 1.2.2. So, any tips how to fix that?

On 3/12/2017 at 1:20 AM, Alteroz said:

Well, i installed the mod, and it partialy works. Glass reflections are working, but i can't turn on lights. Is this supposed to be?Also when i open the map while being in atmosphere, it starts to blink. I know windowshine can work because Mark Thrimm uses it in 1.2.2. So, any tips how to fix that?

Read the known issues :P

On 12.3.2017 at 10:20 AM, Alteroz said:

I know windowshine can work because Mark Thrimm uses it in 1.2.2. So, any tips how to fix that?

On 14.3.2017 at 3:38 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Read the known issues :P

In the known issues is written, that no fix is known. But the question was how Mark Thrimm get this working. Maybe someone knows what we can make to use windowshine with working lights...?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2015 at 6:31 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

@PART[name of part]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
        %colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = 
    }
}

Couldn't you just do this?

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
%interval = 8
%meshes = panel_000
	}
}

Taken from WindowShine CFG and the ModuleManager handbook

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Couldn't you just do this?

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
%interval = 8
%meshes = panel_000
	}
}

Taken from WindowShine CFG and the ModuleManager handbook

Do what specifically? There's a lot of individual changes between those lines

2 Problems i noticed:

1. It seems that the VAB Gives me a ton of lag, getting 7fps only when looking at the Windowshine parts.

2. the lights button doesn't work for me, it just goes from "Lights on" to "Lights off" And vise versa but no change in the windows.

As well as this, windows seems to be getting annoyed at all the mods I have running

hqdefault.jpg

35 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

2 Problems i noticed:

1. It seems that the VAB Gives me a ton of lag, getting 7fps only when looking at the Windowshine parts.

2. the lights button doesn't work for me, it just goes from "Lights on" to "Lights off" And vise versa but no change in the windows.

As well as this, windows seems to be getting annoyed at all the mods I have running

hqdefault.jpg

Sad to say but the window errors are already market in the known issues tab. As to your editor lag holy cow  man... what other mods are you running and how many parts are you building with? I've never seen anyone approach anything close to that bad FPS when in the editor...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.