[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

17 hours ago, DrLicor said:

I have exactly the same 'bug'. Only the MK3 cockpit part.. But I kinda like it :) 

lol :) - it is pretty but it doesn't match the rest of the parts and it isn't intended... :blush: I'm just baffled as to what's causing this. It's totally normal in my game. @V8jester and @DrLicor Are you guys running with any WindowShine mod addons? Curious if you could open up your texture folder and take a picture of the mk3 cockpit folder as well as your Squad folder? It should be in "Gamedata/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3cockpit" and "Gamedata/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3cockpit" or something along those lines. I'm thinking it could be caused by one of the compatibility packs having an additional mk3 cockpit entry or texture file included in the download. Unless you aren't using any compatibility pack :L in that case it might be caused by your OS? If you're running something other than Windows?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

@Avera9eJoe so, trying to get compatibility for this working on my capsules, starting with the Apollo, but I can't seem to get anything working, following the tutorial linked in the OP. I just noticed the Known Issue related to other shaders; all my windows have animated emissive lights. Does that mean that the emissive animation will be broken? Would that be why the BDB patch doesn't seem to be doing anything?

If anyone wants to look, here is the patch (just for the Apollo CM) uploaded to Dropbox.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

@Avera9eJoe so, trying to get compatibility for this working on my capsules, starting with the Apollo, but I can't seem to get anything working, following the tutorial linked in the OP. I just noticed the Known Issue related to other shaders; all my windows have animated emissive lights. Does that mean that the emissive animation will be broken? Would that be why the BDB patch doesn't seem to be doing anything?

If anyone wants to look, here is the patch (just for the Apollo CM) uploaded to Dropbox.

Yes, the emissive animation will break. RangeMachine is working on a solution.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

When you say animated emissive lights do you mean like stock where it fades in or is it something else? If it's set up the same way as stock the emissive lights shouldn't be causing any issues with highlighting not showing up, though you won't be able to activate the lights if WindowShine is installed on them (Until the plugin is updated by someone). I'll take a peek when I get home and see if there's anything glaring. I'll just need to remember :P

EDIT: Hm, are reflections showing up at all, or is it that you can't turn on cabin lights?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

8 minutes ago, cy4n said:

Yes, the emissive animation will break. RangeMachine is working on a solution.

5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

When you say animated emissive lights do you mean like stock where it fades in or is it something else? If it's set up the same way as stock the emissive lights shouldn't be causing any issues with highlighting not showing up, though you won't be able to activate the lights if WindowShine is installed on them (Until the plugin is updated by someone). I'll take a peek when I get home and see if there's anything glaring. I'll just need to remember :P

EDIT: Hm, are reflections showing up at all, or is it that you can't turn on cabin lights?

Yeah they're Unity 5 emissive color animations, I believe that's the same way stock parts are set up. I actually just found out that they had them.

There doesn't seem to be any reflections showing up at all, and the emissives still animate. Maybe I messed up the MM patch somehow? At first it was because I'd forgotten to install TextureReplacer (I downloaded the master from Github instead of the last release... probably not helping anything), but I installed it and still didn't get anything. KSP 1.2, latest release of WindowShine, etc. Idk I'm crazy hungover right now.

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah they're Unity 5 emissive color animations, I believe that's the same way stock parts are set up. I actually just found out that they had them.

There doesn't seem to be any reflections showing up at all, and the emissives still animate. Maybe I messed up the MM patch somehow? At first it was because I'd forgotten to install TextureReplacer (I downloaded the master from Github instead of the last release... probably not helping anything), but I installed it and still didn't get anything. KSP 1.2, latest release of WindowShine, etc. Idk I'm crazy hungover right now.

It sounds like it's probably something messed up with the MM patch if there are animations still on the parts. I could be wrong on that guess though. Adding WindowShine will basically replace animations with reflections :(. You're getting reflections on other parts though?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It sounds like it's probably something messed up with the MM patch if there are animations still on the parts. Adding WindowShine will basically replace animations with reflections :(. You're getting reflections on other parts though?

Just double checked, I still didn't install TR properly - there's no plugin. Oops! Ignore me, I'll let you know if I get it working later.

Sorry to butt in, but by "breaking" animations, are you just talking about window emissive lighting animations ONLY?... I mean this shouldnt break any other emissive animations on a part, as long as they are not linked to specific window meshes/animations, right?

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Sorry to butt in, but by "breaking" animations, are you just talking about window emissive lighting animations ONLY?... I mean this shouldnt break any other emissive animations on a part, as long as they are not linked to specific window meshes/animations, right?

Yup!

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

It breaks any shaders that are applied to the part. Cabin lights are an emissive shader and thus they break, part highlighting is a shader and it breaks, part transparency when in editor is also a shader and thus it breaks as well. I think the F11 heat map and the red tinting might not show up as well when parts heat up but I can't recall off hand. I sadly can't say for sure what it does and does not break but I can tell you it busts most if not all part shaders. I've had some annoying issues with right click menu options not showing up on docking ports as well so I had to remove reflective glass from them. A shame :/

15 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

lol :) - it is pretty but it doesn't match the rest of the parts and it isn't intended... :blush: I'm just baffled as to what's causing this. It's totally normal in my game. @V8jester and @DrLicor Are you guys running with any WindowShine mod addons? Curious if you could open up your texture folder and take a picture of the mk3 cockpit folder as well as your Squad folder? It should be in "Gamedata/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3cockpit" and "Gamedata/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3cockpit" or something along those lines. I'm thinking it could be caused by one of the compatibility packs having an additional mk3 cockpit entry or texture file included in the download. Unless you aren't using any compatibility pack :L in that case it might be caused by your OS? If you're running something other than Windows?

I am also having this problem. After looking into it, I think that its because I'm using Cormorant Aeronology, its conflicting like you said. This mod changes the stock texture for a total of 3 texture sections on the cockpit.

Spoiler

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Cormorant Aeronology\Parts\StockReplacer.cfg

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]{

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 0
        objectNames = cockpit
        textureRootFolder = Cormorant Aeronology/Assets/
        textureNames = Mk3CockpitShuttle;Mk3CockpitShuttleTiles;Mk3CockpitShuttleBuran
        textureDisplayNames = Stock;Shuttle;Buran
        nextButtonText = Change Texture
        prevButtonText = Previous Texture
        statusText = Current Texture
        switchableInFlight = false
        repaintableEVA = false
        showPreviousButton = false
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = true
    }
}

I have not tried to replicate this in stock but I assume it works in stock on your end. I wish i knew how to fix this or make Cormorant Aeronology compatible.

7 hours ago, Roxor said:

I am also having this problem. After looking into it, I think that its because I'm using Cormorant Aeronology, its conflicting like you said. This mod changes the stock texture for a total of 3 texture sections on the cockpit.

Reveal hidden contents

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Cormorant Aeronology\Parts\StockReplacer.cfg

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]{

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 0
        objectNames = cockpit
        textureRootFolder = Cormorant Aeronology/Assets/
        textureNames = Mk3CockpitShuttle;Mk3CockpitShuttleTiles;Mk3CockpitShuttleBuran
        textureDisplayNames = Stock;Shuttle;Buran
        nextButtonText = Change Texture
        prevButtonText = Previous Texture
        statusText = Current Texture
        switchableInFlight = false
        repaintableEVA = false
        showPreviousButton = false
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = true
    }
}

I have not tried to replicate this in stock but I assume it works in stock on your end. I wish i knew how to fix this or make Cormorant Aeronology compatible.

That'd do it :P - if @Pak changed the transparency on his parts it would fix it. - Since FStextureSwitch2 changes the texture and not the part name, it's possible you could still have reflections on every iteration of the shuttle cockpit with it installed, so long as each texture has the correct transparency.

You mean highlight the windows and make everything else 1% transparent? Would you then put them into texture TextureReplacer and follow the instructions you posted??  Or just change the texture? I'm pretty new to textures. What do you mean by the correct transparency?

29 minutes ago, Roxor said:

You mean highlight the windows and make everything else 1% transparent? Would you then put them into texture TextureReplacer and follow the instructions you posted??  Or just change the texture? I'm pretty new to textures. What do you mean by the correct transparency?

Yes, yes, and... yes :D Look at some of the textures already in WindowShine and their file paths for examples. - so long as the texture has the same name as the default part you can either replace the texture in SQUAD replacing the original or place it in TextureReplacer/Default/Squad and mimic it's default file path from their. - I don't know what you mean by correct transparency... Could you quote my step #?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

7 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That'd do it :P - if @Pak changed the transparency on his parts it would fix it. - Since FStextureSwitch2 changes the texture and not the part name, it's possible you could still have reflections on every iteration of the shuttle cockpit with it installed, so long as each texture has the correct transparency.

You said correct transparency, I did not understand what you meant by this. Do I edit the textures?  

2 hours ago, Roxor said:

You said correct transparency, I did not understand what you meant by this. Do I edit the textures?  

Yeah you have to edit the textures. Where did I say "correct transparency"?

2 hours ago, Roxor said:

You said correct transparency, at the end of this post.

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:confused:

Edited by Roxor

2 hours ago, Roxor said:

You said correct transparency, at the end of this post.

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Right on, thank you for the help. I will try to fix this.

On 10/26/2016 at 5:37 PM, Roxor said:

Right on, thank you for the help. I will try to fix this.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:28 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Just double checked, I still didn't install TR properly - there's no plugin. Oops! Ignore me, I'll let you know if I get it working later.

I would like to know when both of you get this working. 

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

They both already got it working :P one person didn't download the correct version of TextureReplacer and one person didn't install ModuleManager.

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

They both already got it working :P one person didn't download the correct version of TextureReplacer and one person didn't install ModuleManager.

@Avera9eJoe I actually experienced some more weird issues - it seemed to mess with the specularity of the entire pod, maxing it out so the whole pod was always blown out. Would you be able to take a look at the dropbox link I posted and see if I did something wrong?

Sorry for forgetting to follow up on this - my computer was running out of RAM after I threw a couple visual mods into my install and so I got rid of all of them.

Edited by CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I have not been able to make Cormorant Aeronology compatible with WindowShine. I don't know how to do the textures. 

D: Looks like I was wrong in both cases sorry

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Avera9eJoe I actually experienced some more weird issues - it seemed to mess with the specularity of the entire pod, maxing it out so the whole pod was always blown out. Would you be able to take a look at the dropbox link I posted and see if I did something wrong?

Sorry for forgetting to follow up on this - my computer was running out of RAM after I threw a couple visual mods into my install and so I got rid of all of them.

What do mean by "blown out"? Are the pods showing up as black? Is the whole thing reflective?

5 hours ago, Roxor said:

I have not been able to make Cormorant Aeronology compatible with WindowShine. I don't know how to do the textures. 

What don't you get with the textures? I'll do my best to help

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.