[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sad to say but the window errors are already market in the known issues tab. As to your editor lag holy cow  man... what other mods are you running and how many parts are you building with? I've never seen anyone approach anything close to that bad FPS when in the editor...

The window error was a joke.-_- It was a joke about how whenever i use windows, it gives me 15 million different errors.

Also, Craft that didn't use windowshine parts worked fine and got me like 22-30 fps so I'm assuming it has something to do with the Windowshine mod.

And Heres the Mods list. It may be the fact I'm on vacation to Belize and have terrible internet, But i don't think its that.

Last Pic is of SVE so ignore that.

Edited by Starslinger999

8 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

The window error was a joke.-_- It was a joke about how whenever i use windows, it gives me 15 million different errors.

Also, Craft that didn't use windowshine parts worked fine and got me like 22-30 fps so I'm assuming it has something to do with the Windowshine mod.

And Heres the Mods list. It may be the fact I'm on vacation to Belize and have terrible internet, But i don't think its that.

Last Pic is of SVE so ignore that.

xD I got the windows joke it gave me a chuckle lol

- Well, the windowshine parts would cause a small amount of lag because they create new cameras for each configured part to capture the real world and convert it to a cube map that it reflects. It could be that if you have a low end PC or a laptop it may be effecting your game more? Inside the configs it should have this:

%interval = [Number]

The number is how quickly in seconds the camera updates it's location. If you set it to 8 then WindowShine with update it's reflections every 8 seconds. I think I have it set to 2 seconds right now because I felt it was a good compromise between performance and aesthetics. Changing it to higher numbers should make it perform better though, if that's something you might like to try. Also you're running on a MAC which might or might not change anything. Unsure as I don't use one :P

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

@Avera9eJoe

Sorry if this has been asked but is there away that we can add the reflection to windows that don't block the cabin lights ? Do the new shaders you talk about do they need to be set in unity ? Or we just need the files in GameData ?

Sorry to say but no there's no way to fix that currently. If I can get someone to add the new shaders then yes, it should fix it but until then there's nothing I can do about it. :P Can I ask why the bold letters?

11 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Is there some way to disable the shine on parts with lights on maybe.

Well, you could plain just remove the reflection modules for parts with cabin lights... but that kind of defeats the purpose of WindowShine? They're located in the .cfg folder that's in the WindowShine DL. You can locate the part name in that config and delete the pertaining lines if you want.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sorry to say but no there's no way to fix that currently. If I can get someone to add the new shaders then yes, it should fix it but until then there's nothing I can do about it. :P Can I ask why the bold letters?

Would there possibly be a way to use B9 part switch to change out the shaders from reflective when the lights are off to non-reflective when the lights are on?

Just now, Benjamin Kerman said:

Would there possibly be a way to use B9 part switch to change out the shaders from reflective when the lights are off to non-reflective when the lights are on?

:o maybe? I've never experimented with that mod

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sorry for bold letters and you mean the shaders need a plugin ?

and

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Thats good thinking but don't think that works in flight but maybe on the right track what all can you add DeployFxModules = 0  But Module place would matter or maybe use Firespitter think it can change textures in flight ?

9 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Sorry for bold letters and you mean the shaders need a plugin ?

and

Thats good thinking but don't think that works in flight but maybe on the right track what all can you add DeployFxModules = 0  But Module place would matter or maybe use Firespitter think it can change textures in flight ?

I've used FSTextureSwitch (I've got a personal texture pack that uses it in my signature) and I cam say that it wouldn't be able to fix the problem. It'd simply change the texture and since it has no way of removing the part shaders from the part, they would still have reflections and still not have cabin lights. Unless you mean swapping the texture to one that has cabin lights painted on? That'd work but they wouldn't glow. :P

• 4 weeks later...

@Avera9eJoe what channel layout have vour texture maps?

I'm currently rebuilding the Kerbin-Side models in a low-poly version and release them under a CC license. For some parts I could use a new shader, because I cannot use emissive maps and transparency at the same time.

So my plan was the following:

1. adding a new shader to KSP, which allows Alpha & emission channels at the same time & has a real reflections (maybe also allows the temperature blend mode)
2. adding a partmodule which replaces the shaders for the parts and its child meshes and loads the maps. (which should be named the same way
3. adding a vesselmodule to setup the u5 reflection probes (one probe per vessel should be ok)
4. adding a reflection probe to the flight/spacecenter cameras

This was just an idea, so don't kill me if I'm missing something. 

7 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

@Avera9eJoe what channel layout have vour texture maps?

I'm currently rebuilding the Kerbin-Side models in a low-poly version and release them under a CC license. For some parts I could use a new shader, because I cannot use emissive maps and transparency at the same time.

So my plan was the following:

1. adding a new shader to KSP, which allows Alpha & emission channels at the same time & has a real reflections (maybe also allows the temperature blend mode)
2. adding a partmodule which replaces the shaders for the parts and its child meshes and loads the maps. (which should be named the same way
3. adding a vesselmodule to setup the u5 reflection probes (one probe per vessel should be ok)
4. adding a reflection probe to the flight/spacecenter cameras

This was just an idea, so don't kill me if I'm missing something. 

I'm not quite sure I follow sorry?

6 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I thought you also wanted a new shader within KSP, which supports emission maps and reflections. 

Oh! Yes I do - it's the only thing right now that is broken in WindowShine. Are you offering to fix it? :0.0: I'll send you a PM in just a second

• 2 weeks later...

@Avera9eJoe I saw in the Texture Replacer thread that you and Ger_space got a possible solution for the light problem. I would like to try that but i didn't quite understand if you are still developing or if already is possible to install. If it's possible to install can you explain what do I need to do it? :blush:

If it is no trouble because I can wait for a proper release...
cheers :)

On 6/15/2017 at 6:47 PM, PmThay said:

@Avera9eJoe I saw in the Texture Replacer thread that you and Ger_space got a possible solution for the light problem. I would like to try that but i didn't quite understand if you are still developing or if already is possible to install. If it's possible to install can you explain what do I need to do it? :blush:

If it is no trouble because I can wait for a proper release...
cheers :)

Sure I can tell you how :) Only reason I haven't updated the header is because Ger_space's edits haven't made it into the official TRR release yet as far as I know.

Download this: WindowShineTRv13.2 (dropbox)

And use TextureReplacerReplaced

Merge the two and everything should work swimmingly

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hey @Avera9eJoe Just wanted to let you know that Near future solar has added new parts as well as changed the name scheme. So the patch folder file will need to be updated eventually. (I'd help if I was a little more adept with PS) I still tend to sit and drool in a corner while everybody paints the shiny pictures :)

Edited by V8jester

I got it to work. Once. Next time I loaded KSP, no bueno. Is there something secret needed in the installation to "make it stick?"

Edit: this is not an install in the steam folder, but rather a separate copy.

Edited by Kerbart

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

I got it to work. Once. Next time I loaded KSP, no bueno. Is there something secret needed in the installation to "make it stick?"

Edit: this is not an install in the steam folder, but rather a separate copy.

No... what version are you using and can you take a screenshot of your GameData?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.