Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

I don't know if you are doing other countries but if you are I am a formor Australian Scout and am currently an Air Force Cadet.

I don't think we had anything like Eagle Scouts, can someone explain?

I don't know if you are doing other countries but if you are I am a formor Australian Scout and am currently an Air Force Cadet.

Eagle Scout in America is the highest rank in scouting possible (in america) it may be named differently in other countries but in america it's Eagle Scout.

Both added!

Side note: I've decided not to reveal which awards are the most prestigious (IE palms and such) to keep this as far away from a competition as possible. If you guys think the competition part won't be a problem, I'm also fine with giving a list of awards and such, and saying which are the highest in prestige. What do you guys think?

But Scouting is a competition sport. :P

I'm going to add a section for international scouts. (I hope that is an ok title) and by your name it will say what country you were a scout in. So for you Dodgey it would say "Dodgey - Australian Scout and Air Force Cadet Currently!"

Does that sound alright?

Eagle Scout, 1995, I think. I started as a wee lad in Tiger Cubs. My older little boy is going to start Tiger Cubs this fall.

I'm also interested in knowing more about the international members of the Movement, and what their equivalent awards are.

I'm wondering... did all of you Scouts start with Cub Scouts? Or did you go right into Boy Scouts?

I started in webelos 2. ( I did webelos 1 and 2 in the same year.)

- - - Updated - - -

Forum User Boy Scouts. Was a Star (almost Life). Then into Venturing.
Currently a first class scout. Cool to see that there are plenty of other Boy Scouts.
Eagle Scout, 1995, I think. I started as a wee lad in Tiger Cubs. My older little boy is going to start Tiger Cubs this fall.

I'm also interested in knowing more about the international members of the Movement, and what their equivalent awards are.

Added you all!

I also added you, under "International Scouts!" with "Australian Scout, now Air Force Cadet!" I hope this is ok. :)

I noticed this from your signature. I too am an Eagle Scout. I started in Cub Scouts. I'll get a merit badge count when I get home and find my old sash, it's in storage someplace. Nice to see that we do have a few eagles on the forums.

I noticed this from your signature. I too am an Eagle Scout. I started in Cub Scouts. I'll get a merit badge count when I get home and find my old sash, it's in storage someplace. Nice to see that we do have a few eagles on the forums.

I'll add you after you get home and find your sash. :)

I'm wondering... did all of you Scouts start with Cub Scouts? Or did you go right into Boy Scouts?

I started out at Tiger, that first year I won 1st place overall in my packs pinewood derby :D

I've been in scouts sense..... 2008 I think?

Wasn't interested in Cub Scouts. I heard about Weeblo's and was a little more interested in that (camping looked fun) but I didn't join until Boy Scouts.

I was in Cub Scouts for 3 years and made head of Tawny squad (Is that Firster? I can't remember the terminology.) I had about 20 badges or so. I then joined Boy Scouts for a year and I had perhaps 5 badges, I might still have my sash somewhere.

That was lots of fun. We had those old fashioned tents that you had to put a tent over the tent or it wouldn't be water proof. Now'a'days you just take the thing out and it practically springs into the setup tent, you young whippersnappers!

I was in Cub Scouts for 3 years and made head of Tawny squad (Is that Firster? I can't remember the terminology.) I had about 20 badges or so. I then joined Boy Scouts for a year and I had perhaps 5 badges, I might still have my sash somewhere.

That was lots of fun. We had those old fashioned tents that you had to put a tent over the tent or it wouldn't be water proof. Now'a'days you just take the thing out and it practically springs into the setup tent, you young whippersnappers!

I don't know what tent your talking about ours had to have a rainfly over the tent to keep the water out. Now We've switched over to using these.

I should have mentioned, I started out in Cub Scouts. Somewhere, I've still got the manuals ... circa late 1950's & early 1960's.

Someone mentioned pinewood derby. I have to laugh. I've been to many a derby, and I've always been able to tell who built what just by looking at it ... meaning did 'dad' build it or the scout lol. Maybe things are different now? I have a lady friend who had two sons in Cubs, and I 'helped' them build their cars... supervised only, they did it all themselves. I was also asked by all the den mothers at the race to officiate, be the 'official' timekeeper ... only because my watch had a stopwatch function LOL! The most fun I had with this group of Cubs however was when we built model rockets! I was quite into model rocketry back then (1988-89?), so being involved with them was a lot of fun. Launch day at the park was spectacular, every single Cub's rocket flew great! I even launched one of my own, a D-engine Nike. Fun times. :)

I don't know what tent your talking about ours had to have a rainfly over the tent to keep the water out. Now We've switched over to using these.

That is right a rainfly, basically a tent over the tent. Neither was really water proof so you had to make sure they didn't touch. And just to be sure you didn't leave your stuff against the side of the tent.

Same, I joined in November 2008. It's written on the inside of my handbook :)

Oh my, um it was late 80's when I was in Scouts.

That is right a rainfly, basically a tent over the tent. Neither was really water proof so you had to make sure they didn't touch. And just to be sure you didn't leave your stuff against the side of the tent.

This past weekend I was backpacking with my venture crew, and it rained all the first day. We got a break, so we started to set up camp, and I realized my tent didn't have a rainfly.

Now, these were the tents were the actual tent is half material, half net. So I was going into a rainy night in a tent with a mosquito net roof.

Luckily, my girlfriends' dad (the venture crew leader, me, him, my girlfriend, and her friend started the crew together) had a small tarp, and we made a makeshift fly that mostly covered my tent. Good times! I'll be buying my own tent next time though, learned not to trust troop tents. :P

This past weekend I was backpacking with my venture crew, and it rained all the first day. We got a break, so we started to set up camp, and I realized my tent didn't have a rainfly.

Now, these were the tents were the actual tent is half material, half net. So I was going into a rainy night in a tent with a mosquito net roof.

Luckily, my girlfriends' dad (the venture crew leader, me, him, my girlfriend, and her friend started the crew together) had a small tarp, and we made a makeshift fly that mostly covered my tent. Good times! I'll be buying my own tent next time though, learned not to trust troop tents. :P

Welp, that's why you always check your gear before heading out. For Philmont we run through our packs about 2 weeks before the trainings, and then leave them locked up in the troop shed.

Welp, that's why you always check your gear before heading out. For Philmont we run through our packs about 2 weeks before the trainings, and then leave them locked up in the troop shed.

I checked everything except for that, cause the troop tents usually have a flag if they're missing something. Someone forgot the flag for this one. :P

Eagle Scout, 1988 with three silver palms (yeah, an overachiever... 45 MB above the 23 required for Eagle).

Explorer Achievement Award, 1987 (Law Enforcement Explorer Post)

Arrow of Light (1980)

Silver Beaver, 2010

Brotherhood member, OA.

Edited by adsii1970

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.