PROJECT GERONIMO - Ongoing tale of redemption, snacks, explosions and stupidity

screenshot615.png

AND WE HAVE LIFTOFF, of the KSEV-5305 Geronimo, the first step into crewed Interplanetary Space for the Kerbal race, carrying hopefully brave Callie, Mauya, Matsted, Obler and Gicella Kerman with it! The Geronimo will advance the frontier of modern science, earn the redemption of the peoples of Kerbin after that nasty incident where we lost Jeb Bill Bob and Val, and change the world as we know it!

screenshot617.png

It's speeding up, faster and faster! Nothing will stop us from achieving our rightful place in the stars!

screenshot618.png

Oh... Ok, let's try that one again, shall we?

screenshot620.png

AS I WAS SAYING... We have liftoff! of the KSEV-5305 Geronimo, the first step into crewed Interplanetary Space for the Kerbal race, carrying...

It's achieved orbit... mission control has given the go to decouple the side boosters!

screenshot623.png

Oh... darn. Weeeell... Don't mind me, I'm just reloading the save file...

screenshot620.png

ANYWAY... KSEV-something Geronimo, first step crewed interplanetary Kerbal, caring...

MEANWHILE ABOARD THE GERONIMO...

screenshot621.png

Ok guys, flight wants you to try not to screw up again, ok?

Obler: On it! Ok guys, any ideas?

Matsted: Not sure, the entire system is integrated and we have to decouple those side boosters...

Mauya: What if we turned off the SRB's, so it didn't slice the ship in half whenever we decouple?

Gicella: That could, work, actually!

Matsted: Why didn't I think of that... So how do we get past the boosters? They're still going to flip round and hit us, SRB powered or not.

Callie: Seriously, whoever designed this thing...

Obler: We could try to slide past them on RCS. What do you think, Callie?

Callie: Why are you asking me?

Obler: You're the pilot?

Callie: oh, right. Yeah, that might work.

Capcom: Hate to interrupt guys, but it's time to decouple those side boosters.

Matsted: Right... hopefully we don't sever the propulsion section this time.

screenshot626.png

Obler: Phew! Right, great work everyone.

Callie: Mission Control we've established orbit and decoupled side boosters, what's the plan now?

Callie: Mission Control?

Mauya: Not reading anything on the radio dishes...

Gicella: Look out the window.

screenshot637.png

Matsted: Fantastic... the comm arrays are gone. Must have brushed with the boosters on decoupling.

Callie: I am going to strangle whoever designed this ship. Can we come out of our straps now? My jaws feel all loose and funny...

Obler: Sure, everyone undo your seatbelts.

Callie: Ah, that's betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Obler: What?

Mauya: I think... I'm... going to barf...

Callie: Me- *HURK*

Obler: Ah geep. BARF BAGS!

Obler grabs several barf bags from under his seat and passes them around, where the other four crew unsuccesfully attempt to grab them, their hands reaching just short.

Matsted: GAH my eyes feel weird, I can't see [redacted]!

Gicella: WHERE'S THE SPACE TOILET?!

Obler gestures toward a hatch at the bottom of the spacecraft.

Obler: In the hab below the main room, there's two of them. Why is everyone sick all of the sudden?

Matsted: I DONT KNOW

Callie: *Hurk* gah, maybe bacteria snuck on board and they're killing us!

Gicella (On way to toilet): It's called space sickness, idiot! Our perspectives all took a big hit, and now our bodies are having an allergic reac*HURK*

Matsted: I can't see, what's up, why do I feel w*HURK*

Obler: Oh kod, did I leave the flight recorder camera on? TURN IT OFF! THIS IS TOO DISGUSTING TO SHOW TO ANYONE EVER!

-footage missing, camera disabled-

screenshot0.png

Captain's log, day 2, Project Geronimo.

The entire crew is sick except me for unknown reasons. Cause: Spacesickness. Everyone else is in the hab most of the time, that's off limits. We've got an excellent observation deck, that's how I snapped that photo. Kerbin looks amazing from space. But we have problems. Gicella and Matsted are starting to recover, but regardless everyone is deeply ill, Mauya can't even move around properly, and Callie's panicked, he's backed himself into a little corner and refuses to leave. To top it off, that hard decouple knocked off both our comm relays AND the emergency storage containers. The PV arrays deployed perfectly, but unless we get the crew back on their feet soon, this ship is going to fall apart. I have to admit, the sudden isolation and loss of perspective take it's toll, plus all the thrill. I'm surprised the first Kerbal in space didn't suddenly have a heart attack when he looked down. Then again, not every Spaceship captain is afraid of heights. So I have to end it right there, I need to go think of something clever.

Day 3, Science Officer Personal Log - Finally not sick anymore, I can sort of move around properly. Matsted is okay off, but still a big trouble for him just to move. Mauya is still sick but calming down, and frankly, Callie seems to be a lost cause. He refuses to budge, he rants hysterically and has even clawed at me. He keeps repeated that we're stranded, and we're dying. Oh geep, the mission hasn't technically even started yet and one's down already. Funny, I can't contact Obler. And the airlock just said loss of pressure!? Hold on. OBLER!

- - - Updated - - -

WHA PICTURES OK I GIVE UP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.