Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

and to mess with people

- - - Updated - - -

and why do you get a yellow dot when you do it/

assuming you have it on right now, to me it appears you are offline.

It must go yellow so you know you are in invisible mode?

Edit: confirmed

Edited by r4pt0r

why cant i post attachments?

I'm not a mod, but, as far as I know, it was disabled because of security reasons.

Three questions:

I have 225 subscribed threads, am I insane?

How come I never see a spambot post?

What does the forum "tree" look like to mods? As in, what special forums do mods have access to?

Thanks for answering my questions!

I'm not a mod, but, as far as I know, it was disabled because of security reasons.

Three questions:

I have 225 subscribed threads, am I insane?

How come I never see a spambot post?

What does the forum "tree" look like to mods? As in, what special forums do mods have access to?

Thanks for answering my questions!

225 subscribed threads? You're in the clear, a certain piece of ferrous headgear has ten times that number last I heard from it.

Spambot posts are frequent (ish). We have a tool that if you go back several pages you can see in one of technicalfool's screenshots - it is called the Spam-O-Matic and is very efficient at dealing with spambots (who we see because new users must have their posts approved by a moderator). Let it suffice to say that should the Spam-O-Matic be turned on you, you would cease to exist.

There are several 'secret' sections of the forum, quite a few of which are archive forums from before vBulletin was a thing. The others I am not quite at liberty to talk about, I think, but there are sections for the various Squad types, streamers, experimentals testers, et cetera.

If you want to unnerve KasperVld ask him about '67' or 'ireland'. You did not hear this from me. EDIT : If he tells you, please share it with me. I'm curious too.

Edited by DuoDex

As to Ireland, all I could find in a search for "Ireland" was this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104538-A-new-Easter-Egg%21?highlight=ireland

I will PM KasperVld as to "Ireland" and "67". I doubt I will get a answer, if you couldn't get an answer, I probably won't be able to. I will not mention your name, if you don't want me to. :)

Also, take a look at my location. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the PM system require a 60 second delay between PMs?

Why does the PM system require a 60 second delay between PMs?

Spam protection, PM's are called "private" for a reason, even moderators can't view them and tell whether the sender needs the banhammer for spam.

Spam protection, PM's are called "private" for a reason, even moderators can't view them and tell whether the sender needs the banhammer for spam.

With the exception of when the "Report Post" button is used on a PM, then it becomes visible to us and can be moderated.

Be nice to each other in PMs. :)

no it was annyoing and bugging alot of people so i took it off

- - - Updated - - -

but why can mds have a gif profile picture and user cant?

I think that may be the larger size mods are allowed to have for their avatar, we technically have no limits but try to keep it within 180x180 so as to cause less gore (I think tetryds once nearly caused a forum crash with a 1920x1080 avatar).

Everyone can have a .gif avatar :)

Can you see things like what a user rates a thread as?

Secondly, can moderators see whether someone is online if they use invisible mode?

Those two questions sound really suspicious, sorry! :rolleyes: