Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

It looks like it's time for one of those perioidic reminders that we'd like to reserve this thread for actual member questions about the forum software and policy. If it gets all joked up, they can't find the answers to their questions. 

13 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

It looks like it's time for one of those perioidic reminders that we'd like to reserve this thread for actual member questions about the forum software and policy. If it gets all joked up, they can't find the answers to their questions. 

A reminder time wisecrack

ok I'll stop now

now trying to respect the reminder, do you guys have a list of popular mod threads to check after an update? I know you clean up the Kopernicus thread pretty fast.

Since Kasper isn't Community Lead anymore, I'll ask @Badie.

On 9/7/2016 at 1:26 PM, Dman979 said:

Is it possible to re-enable the "Birthdays Today" feature on the forum? I remember it from the old BBCode one, and it was fun sending people happy birthday rep.

Kasper said he'd look into it, but he just stepped down.

2 hours ago, CAKE99 said:

What are the criteria for becoming part of the media group? And what does being in the media group involve?

Hi @CAKE99

Basically, the he Media Group is a collaboration between Squad on one side and Twitch streamers and YouTubers (collectively 'influencers') on the other. The objective of this collaboration is to foster a relationship that both sides profit from: influencers have access to exclusive content such as new versions of the game before they are released, which they can use to promote their channels. In return, Squad profits from the additional media attention this concentration of video releases generates.

YouTubers and Twitch streamers who wish to qualify for membership of the Media Group must:

.. be in good standing with the KSP Community and SQUAD.
.. be 18 years of age or older.
.. have a gaming PC capable of showing KSP in the best quality.
.. have the necessary software to record and edit videos, as well as a good working knowledge of said software.
.. make videos or stream at 720p/30fps or better

We also take the quality of the content and number of subscribers/followers into consideration.

Exceptions can be made in exceptional cases on Squad's discretion.

It's also important to note that as a member of the Media Group, you have to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Squad. This means that any information disclosed between Squad and you in the context of the Media Group is not to be shared with any third-party that is not a member of Squad or a member of the Media Group.

You can contact me or Badie to learn more about it.

I hope this will clarify your doubts :) 

4 minutes ago, Andem said:

@NOELonPC must not fall into that category I guess...

I don't know the reason why he wasn't included in the Media Group back then. Most probably the vacancies were filled when he applied... I'm sure we can review his application in the near future if he's still interested.

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Since Kasper isn't Community Lead anymore, I'll ask @Badie.

Kasper said he'd look into it, but he just stepped down.

Doesn't seem like that's a built-in function of IPS like it was with vBulletin, and birthdate is no longer a required field when signing up. Sorry but it doesn't look promising.

I'm thinking of doing a charity event called Extra Life in November when it is, is it OK to make a thread about it with a donation link (later in October most likely)? I don't get money for it.

EDIT: impatience intensifies :D @Red Iron Crown?

Edited by legoclone09

14 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I'm thinking of doing a charity event called Extra Life in November when it is, is it OK to make a thread about it with a donation link (later in October most likely)? I don't get money for it.

EDIT: impatience intensifies :D @Red Iron Crown?

I would have to check with the higher ups at Squad on that one when they're in the office on Monday.