Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

19 hours ago, diomedea said:

It's rather simple

Except that it's really easy to merge the wrong way (as in, a tread B is created that should be merged in existing thread A, but after merging the thread that remains with all the content is the new B instead of the old A). I've seen it happen at least once and I trolled the moderator about it, but the truth is I'm always afraid I'll screw this up.

29 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

How do you become a moderator?

Well that's probably the most asked question out here XD. I think it's along the lines of a vote between the moderators. Mod one makes suggestion, mod 2-2089645 vote on it.

18 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

@Kuzzter you know it was mostly a joke right.  It was April 1st.

I thought so, too--but when I saw your question (which has been asked and answered a few times in this thread and in other places) I googled the forum for you to find the answer and that's what came up. And since @Tex confirmed it, it must be true!

10 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

No it was an April Fools joke. And KasperVld is not a lead mod anymore.

Nah, the only no longer applicable piece of information is that, rather than give Kasper the $1000 fee, you split it halfway between Badie and UomoCapra. It took a long time to save up.

5 hours ago, Sgt Doomball said:

How do you become a moderator?

Joking aside, it's a pretty frequently asked question here in this thread-- just start reading back until you find the last person who asked about it.  :wink:

The TL;DR is:  be over 18; be someone who has established a track record in the forums that shows you have the kind of values they're looking for in a moderator, and none of the red flags that would say "don't!"; and then wait until either they ask you if you want to be one, or else they may specifically announce that they're looking for someone.

The moderators are generally people who are here on the forum a lot, and get to know the cast of characters here, so whenever the discussion comes up "hey, we need some fresh meat", generally there's no shortage of suggestions from the moderator team about people we think might make good moderators.

27 minutes ago, Frybert said:

No, there's peanut butter. Bananas too.

Though we do allow almond butter for those who may have peanut allergies.

25 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

LEAVE VANAMONDE ALONE!

Oh, no worries there.  That's Rule #1, which they drill into us right at the start of Moderator Boot Camp.  It's for our own protection.