Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

How does the rules are elaborated? Squad only, Squad + mod team or mod team only?

By 2.2b it's permited political/ideological/relegious posts if related to space flight? For intance, law enforcement on space.

And by 2.2h discussion about EM Drive is forbidden or not? There are still a lot of discussion about how it works and everything.

Still in 2.2h there is one more question that I prefer to ask via PM to prevent confusion and/or non-OP related discussion, to whom may I ask?

23 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

How does the rules are elaborated? Squad only, Squad + mod team or mod team only?

Squad and moderator team.

23 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

By 2.2b it's permited political/ideological/relegious posts if related to space flight? For intance, law enforcement on space.

As long as rule 2.2D is not broken, and the discussion actually fits here (not discussion of current US politics for example), we'll see if such discussion can be allowed.

25 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

And by 2.2h discussion about EM Drive is forbidden or not? There are still a lot of discussion about how it works and everything.

The EM drive appears to do something, and several tests can be cited as evidence of this, again discussion is allowed if it doesn't break 2.2D.
Topics with no supportive tests are less welcome.

27 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

Still in 2.2h there is one more question that I prefer to ask via PM to prevent confusion and/or non-OP related discussion, to whom may I ask?

I guess you can ask me.

There is a way to make the rank go back to the default one? For some reason mine is not updating and up to now I haven't think of anything better :/ 

EDIT: i.e. I assuming that they still follow this list posted by RIC in the first page of this thread:

0 Curious George

5 Bottle Rocketeer

25 Rocketeer

50 Rocketry Enthusiast

100 Spacecraft Engineer

250 Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

500 Junior Rocket Scientist

750 Rocket Scientist

1000 Senior Rocket Scientist

1500 Capsule Communicator

3000 Flight Director

Edited by VaPaL

1 minute ago, VaPaL said:

There is a way to make the rank go back to the default one? For some reason mine is not updating and up to now I haven't think of anything better :/ 

To me it says "Bottle Rocketeer", as far as I know that is the default, based on your post count (or is it reputation?).

33 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

Leave the description box empty.

Edited by Gaarst

2 hours ago, monstah said:

To me it says "Bottle Rocketeer", as far as I know that is the default, based on your post count (or is it reputation?).

Reputation, it is, but it should update autmatically, I think it was because I was about to change but gave up, so I as clicked on the box, it counted as been modified!

@Gaarst Thanks!

28 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

What do these tiny dots under out names mean?

Not a mod, but, they are based on your post count, but I don't remember the thresholds, I think 5 dots is 1500 posts

Edited by VaPaL
Grammar

50 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Are you only allowed to be longer on one device?

16 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Well, when I get on my computer and open the forums, then log on, I get on my phone and find myself logged out.

I assume you men 'Logged in' then. No you should be able to log in with both. I am now in fact.