Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

errm. i have one or another dire question to @Frybert, there is a thing that bugs me since a long time...

Each time when i spot your appearance in a random thread, wiping posts and guiding us forummembers back to order and shape...-
i get the chills. And i find myself staring for a while at your Nixon avatar until my chickenskin on my neck disappears...
Commonly the next posts in your newly purged threads take a significant time to emerge, if any at all.

I feel the moment has come to face my fears and ask you directly:

1. Are you evil?
2. Do you like cake?

Edited by Mikki
Typo:D

Since this "expansion" was just released, and ive seen a few "salty" threads myself ive been wondering: Have you guys had to lock or delete threads like: "omg dlc too expensive" or any others relating to the expansion yet?

Edited by Spacetraindriver

9 hours ago, Mikki said:

errm. i have one or another dire question to @Frybert, [snip]

1. Are you evil?
2. Do you like cake?

Seconded. BTW I can neither confirm nor deny that the name of the Kerbulan flagship in my comic was inspired by @Frybert's avatar...mainly because I can't remember.

10 hours ago, Mikki said:

errm. i have one or another dire question to @Frybert, there is a thing that bugs me since a long time...

Each time when i spot your appearance in a random thread, wiping posts and guiding us forummembers back to order and shape...-
i get the chills. And i find myself staring for a while at your Nixon avatar until my chickenskin on my neck disappears...
Commonly the next posts in your newly purged threads take a significant time to emerge, if any at all.

I feel the moment has come to face my fears and ask you directly:

1. Are you evil?
2. Do you like cake?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Not a mod* but you can post the link in a post and it will be able to be clicked on. Such as this: 

Good idea.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Put the link to the other thread in both the OP and a reply at the end of the thread, then ask for the close.

Ah coolios. Thanks Red.

19 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Who was your first follower? (Goes out to anyone from moderators to SQUAD Staff; just want to know)

Can't say I recall, and then there was the follower reset due to a forum software bug.

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Which thread was the most funny/hilarious to lock?

In contrast, which one was the saddest to lock?

I don't think we should talk about specific moderation action, sorry.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

I don't think we should talk about specific moderation action, sorry.

:(

Well maybe like maybe a description of what the thread was about? Like "Well there was this one thread, and I felt really [emotion here] about locking it" or something similar?

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

:(

Well maybe like maybe a description of what the thread was about? Like "Well there was this one thread, and I felt really [emotion here] about locking it" or something similar?

Hmm...there have been a few threads centered around amusing sites elsewhere on the net that contain content that goes against our rules. It feels bad to have to close those, especially when we're having a good laugh about the linked site in the mod chat. Rules are rules, though.

17 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

This might count as discussing mod action, but if you could redo any mod decision you have made would you? 

Without getting into specifics, I have certainly made some bad calls, and even reversed some moderation I've done. Thankfully we keep each other in check in that regard.