Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

19 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I have a question - since in science and other science-related fields, there are direct opposites, can the forum have "anti-moderators?" :D

**BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!**

31 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I have a question - since in science and other science-related fields, there are direct opposites, can the forum have "anti-moderators?" :D

I think those would be the people breaking rules. These quickly react with the moderators, releasing lock, warn, or ban particles depending on the energy of the reaction. Because they are so reactive, we don't see many of them free-floating.

I want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

Just now, NSEP said:

BuI want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

If you will delete the last part it would be, perhaps , a bit, possible? 

But overall, discussing conspiracy theories is banned in this forum.

As an a bit of psychologist, I would attempt showing it like a reality show, something both stupid and a bit laughable, yet not offensive, or abusive.

8 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

But overall, discussing conspiracy theories is banned in this forum.

There actually was an entire thread based around discussing conspiracy theories. I dont know if the thread is locked yet or the forum rule was inter grated afterwards. Still have to check.

Ok, after my check, i realized that the thread is still up. Checking the rules now.

Edited by NSEP

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

I want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

It's not a good idea. The subject tends to bring up arguments, and everyone on a space game forum can agree that we don't agree with those people without turning it into a gang-hating/mocking session. 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 0:17 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

0 Curious George

5 Bottle Rocketeer

25 Rocketeer

50 Rocketry Enthusiast

100 Spacecraft Engineer

250 Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

500 Junior Rocket Scientist

750 Rocket Scientist

1000 Senior Rocket Scientist

1500 Capsule Communicator

3000 Flight Director

And are the numbers in relation to how many posts you have made? Or is it community reputation points

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And are the numbers in relation to how many posts you have made? Or is it community reputation points

It's how many posts you have. Looking forward to directing some flights soon.

5 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

@Moderators 
thank me later :)
http://imgur.com/a/p9QdQ

I seen't it.

Edited by Dman979
I'm already communicating with capsules.

I have a question about tables in the forum:

Is there a way to set a maximal width of a table?

Like in HTML with 

style="max-width:750px;"

When i want a table to have a certain size it will look good in a normal browser but will look really bad when the side is viewed from a smartphone where one would have to scroll horizontally.

PS: i already tried to copy & past a table from another html side into a post but the max width attribute does not have an effect here.

Edited by Nils277

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is it possible to make a copy of the "How to Get Support" thread pinned to the Add-on Releases forum? Lots of people who have bugs with modded installs will post in the release thread for the mod in question (and rightly so) but a new player might not yet have stumbled upon the support thread yet. 

If the thread (even just a locked thread with the OP copied would do Nickey) was pinned on the Add-on Releases forum, it would make it a bit easier to refer to, and possibly increase visibility for newer forum users. 

7 hours ago, Merkov said:

Hello! 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is it possible to make a copy of the "How to Get Support" thread pinned to the Add-on Releases forum? Lots of people who have bugs with modded installs will post in the release thread for the mod in question (and rightly so) but a new player might not yet have stumbled upon the support thread yet. 

If the thread (even just a locked thread with the OP copied would do Nickey) was pinned on the Add-on Releases forum, it would make it a bit easier to refer to, and possibly increase visibility for newer forum users. 

I have asked NathanKell to copy his post there, so he gets the credit and likes he deserves for having made the announcement in the first place. 

And, done. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Edited by Vanamonde

11 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I have a question about the way you moderators see reports and reported posts. When a report first shows up, do you see the report comment and the flagged post at the same time or just the report comment?

7t3jEaT.jpg

7 hours ago, mabdi36 said:

What is the post with the highest post count?

Don't know any "official" answer, but if I had to guess, it might be this one:

...currently 35K posts, or a bit over 1% of the total of all posts in all KSP forums ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if there might be some "Forum Games" threads that get super-long, but Forum Games posts don't count towards folks' post count anyway and the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty low there, so I'm deliberately ignoring that one.  :)