Dman979

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

2690 posts in this topic

Just now, Vanamonde said:

Left over from some software wrangling we had to do. 

i thought it was referencing @max_creative-the original dres liker  

1 person likes this

It had to do with his account. 

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I've got a problem with the forum and not sure where to direct it. Here lately (for the past three weeks), whenever I do a forum search, it will go to a blank screen. That's it. No search results, no nothin'. It's making it very hard to do anything on the forum, especially updating mods. Any suggestions...?

I've just done a search using the forum search function and it worked fine. Maybe clear your browser cache and try again?

2 people like this

The forum has been logging me out several times per day the past couple of days. It never used to do that. Any idea why that is?

3 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

i thought it was referencing @max_creative-the original dres liker  

Wait, what? 

11 minutes ago, cubinator said:

The forum has been logging me out several times per day the past couple of days. It never used to do that. Any idea why that is?

No. Has anyone else been experiencing this? 

26 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

I haven't heard of it. It's happening both on my PC and phone.

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Yes I have. Basically if I've been on my computer and I go the the forum on mobile I need to sign in. Then when I go back to comp I need to sign in there. And if I go back to mobile I need to sign in again and the pattern continues. Noticiced it first a few days ago.

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

It's been happening since I joined the forums. Its probably because there's only one device allowed in the "Remember Me" field.

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

It's been happening since I joined the forums. Its probably because there's only one device allowed in the "Remember Me" field.

I have 3 devices and don't need to log in very often at all. Not sure what could be wrong... Maybe your browser cookie settings?

1 person likes this

@Red Iron Crown

I took your suggestion and tried it in Mozilla FireFox and in Internet Exploder (Edge is the newest version of it, but I still call it Exploder). Here's the results in both:

Spoiler

a8GWXYU.png

and in Windows Edge:

QzaeAM1.png

It's making it difficult, short of bookmarking mod OPs, to navigate the forum...

5 hours ago, Deddly said:

I have 3 devices and don't need to log in very often at all. Not sure what could be wrong... Maybe your browser cookie settings?

I have five... :D

Adsii1970, try flushing your DNS cache. If you've never done so, open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns". 

On 6/6/2017 at 10:24 PM, Vanamonde said:

None of your business, punk kid. :mad: And get off my lawn! 

Ooh, scary scary. 

So you are one of those kind of old people.

1 person likes this

Coming back to the topic of people who post full logs into posts; would the moderation (I think that's the right word) team be willing to remove logs from posts (if they were reported)? These logs break the forums and even though tons of people always say "hey don't do that, post a link to it instead" I still see tons of massive logs. I feel like mods removing them would really get the message across that this is a bad way to go. Thoughts?

@TheRagingIrishman when people report those full logs, we usually remove them. But it depends how big they are, really. Sometimes the log isn't all that huge and it's in a spoiler, so we have on occasion let it be. But it helps if people explain in the report that it breaks the page on their mobile, for example. Then we're more likely to take action, because we prefer not to remove content unless it's really necessary.

2 people like this