Dman979

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

2743 posts in this topic

So my dog got run over

But there is some blood on his fur and some minor wounds. Would posting said pictures be against forum rules?

10 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

So my dog got run over

But there is some blood on his fur and some minor wounds. Would posting said pictures be against forum rules?

No gore, please. 2.2.c

20 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

No gore, please. 2.2.c

Ok, thanks :)

I have a question - since in science and other science-related fields, there are direct opposites, can the forum have "anti-moderators?" :D

19 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I have a question - since in science and other science-related fields, there are direct opposites, can the forum have "anti-moderators?" :D

**BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!**

2 people like this

Just now, Kuzzter said:

**BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!**

Yeah, it's one of those mornings today! But I had to ask...

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I think those would be the people breaking rules. These quickly react with the moderators, releasing lock, warn, or ban particles depending on the energy of the reaction. Because they are so reactive, we don't see many of them free-floating.

2 people like this

They're what we call spambots. While most moderators have been here for a while, spambots are quickly and unceremoniously banned.

1 person likes this

@Dman979: See what happens when I'm not supervised by a moderator? No telling what ideas I will bring to the forum! :D

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Dman979: See what happens when I'm not supervised by a moderator? No telling what ideas I will bring to the forum! :D

Well, I can queue you for off-topic, if you'd like more supervision.

1 person likes this

I want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

Just now, NSEP said:

BuI want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

If you will delete the last part it would be, perhaps , a bit, possible? 

But overall, discussing conspiracy theories is banned in this forum.

As an a bit of psychologist, I would attempt showing it like a reality show, something both stupid and a bit laughable, yet not offensive, or abusive.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

But overall, discussing conspiracy theories is banned in this forum.

There actually was an entire thread based around discussing conspiracy theories. I dont know if the thread is locked yet or the forum rule was inter grated afterwards. Still have to check.

Ok, after my check, i realized that the thread is still up. Checking the rules now.

Edited by NSEP

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

I want to make a thread about my spy mission on the Flat Earther society. But is this legal on this forum? I wont insult any specific people, its just "this is what they believe and here is why its not true and implausible".

It's not a good idea. The subject tends to bring up arguments, and everyone on a space game forum can agree that we don't agree with those people without turning it into a gang-hating/mocking session. 

1 person likes this

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 0:17 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

0 Curious George

5 Bottle Rocketeer

25 Rocketeer

50 Rocketry Enthusiast

100 Spacecraft Engineer

250 Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

500 Junior Rocket Scientist

750 Rocket Scientist

1000 Senior Rocket Scientist

1500 Capsule Communicator

3000 Flight Director

And are the numbers in relation to how many posts you have made? Or is it community reputation points

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And are the numbers in relation to how many posts you have made? Or is it community reputation points

It's how many posts you have. Looking forward to directing some flights soon.

5 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

@Moderators 
thank me later :)
http://imgur.com/a/p9QdQ

I seen't it.

Edited by Dman979
I'm already communicating with capsules.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have a question about tables in the forum:

Is there a way to set a maximal width of a table?

Like in HTML with 

style="max-width:750px;"

When i want a table to have a certain size it will look good in a normal browser but will look really bad when the side is viewed from a smartphone where one would have to scroll horizontally.

PS: i already tried to copy & past a table from another html side into a post but the max width attribute does not have an effect here.

Edited by Nils277