Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

2 hours ago, Snark said:

...currently 35K posts, or a bit over 1% of the total of all posts in all KSP forums ever.

So you're saying that there have been over 3 MILLION posts on the KSP forums...

Wow. I did not expect that much.

10 hours ago, Snark said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there might be some "Forum Games" threads that get super-long, but Forum Games posts don't count towards folks' post count anyway and the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty low there, so I'm deliberately ignoring that one.  :)

There was one forum game like that, but we don't talk of it anymore. It was the second-largest thread on the forums. :wink:

12 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Number war? Also who would I go to with a forum related proposal.

notamod(){
     Any mod I guess, though @ManeTI is the one in charge of making the forums work (I think).
}

Edited by Gaarst

So what's the deal with embedding media like twitter?

https://twitter.com/Astro2fish/status/892837427919769600

That used to work on the computer (but never on my phone). Doesn't seem to work. Note that it said that it was with formatting, and was automatically embedded. I tried in 3 different browsers to test.

Also, on the phone version, there should be a "Home" button on every page.

Edited by tater

13 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Just click the Kerbal Space Program logo at the top of the page. 

Awesome feature, crappy UI that I would have to ask (if the KSP logo included "forum" in this use, then it's be more clear).

Thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, tater said:

Awesome feature, crappy UI that I would have to ask (if the KSP logo included "forum" in this use, then it's be more clear).

Thanks for the heads up!

Hm.. I've seen many forums that just have the game logo  that functions as return to home. 

I'm still no longer able to embed tweets. Used to work fine on the computer (not on the phone) now it just doesn't work.

Mac, and I tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, no dice.

Another new issue. I no login login automatically. It remembers me as long as I don;t look at the forum with another device. This all happened the same time, did anything change in the last few days?

Edited by tater

In time of need, we answered the call!

Seriously, tho (even tho that's still true...), mostly by invitation from those who are moderators already. The first one was the game's creator, naturally :) 

19 hours ago, tater said:

Another new issue. I no login login automatically. It remembers me as long as I don;t look at the forum with another device. This all happened the same time, did anything change in the last few days?

I don't understand your question here, you used to login automatically but now it fails, or you used to login manually but now it's automatic?

In the past, I've had this experience of logging at home, getting to work the next day and finding my account logged off.. but that's not the case anymore, I'm currently automatically logged in at home, work and mobile.

I used to be logged in at home, and mobile. Now I have to login each time I switch devices. Tried different browsers, and it's set to remember me on all.

The passwd will auto enter once I click the text box to login, but I have to explicitly do this.