Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

32 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Perhaps a sly admission of guilt at liking his own posts from a secret non square and mundane account?

But yes some people have done that.

Naw, I'm clean. A simple square wouldn't do something so terrible, would he?

(Well, I did once get a minor warning for using asterisks in place of a swear word in my location, so I guess nobody's safe :P

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

How were they caught?

Easy, we just [redacted], usually taking a few [redacted]. Works great if you add a squeeze of lemon juice too, because [redacted] tentacles and [redacted] of doom.

We're all gonna die

The parts of the forum you frequent isn't relevant. I myself hardly ever go to the modding subs, since I prefer to play stock and so am not very familiar with the questions and situations which can arise there, which is alright since there are several moderators who are heavily into mods and very familiar with that kind of thing. :) So as always, the requirements are 1) over 18, 2) fairly clean warn history, 3) helpful attitude, 4) good communicator. 

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Why'd you guys change up the forum guidelines?

The guidelines were a bit unclear on a few points for everyone, including moderators. Hopefully it's better now. It's all in the announcement, really:

"We hope that these new guidelines will make it easier for regular users to understand what is appropriate conduct for our community and for moderators to moderate in moderation."

1 minute ago, cratercracker said:

What does this ''balls'' mean (those under user's name)

On 2/26/2017 at 3:15 PM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Post count. I don't know the thresholds, but its definitely post count.

@passinglurker we try to aim less for oppression and more for protection, reactive rather than proactive, if you know what I mean? You're referring to something that has happened one time. Imagine if we were to add a rule each time someone does something we don't like.

17 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Are reaction images not banned anymore?

They aren't listed anymore as a specific item in the rules (which is actually better IMHO, too many had different ideas of what a reaction image is). That means images appropriate to a ongoing discussion won't be questioned anymore for possible application of a rule that was never intended to curtail all ways of expressing a legitimate viewpoint in pictures.

If the content isn't appropriate to a discussion, all of the rules in section 2.2. "Forbidden Content" apply to images too. What is objectionable with reaction images is actually described in those rules, e.g. 2.2.d about rudeness or harassment, or 2.2.m about unnecessarily boosting post counts, with something that does not contribute in any way and actually distracts from the true subject in a thread (if not even worse).