The Racing Thread

Endersmens

What is your favorite type of Racing?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of Racing?

• Formula Racing
    • Touring Car Racing
    • Sports Car Racing
    • Production Car Racing
    • One Make Racing
    • Stock Car Racing (NASCAR)
    • Rally Racing
    • Drag Racing
    • Off Road Racing
    • Kart Racing

I only recently started really following F1 (like past 5 years or so). I'm a fan of Kimi Raikkonen, mainly for his off the track antics and colorful radio communications. Last year was extremely boring with both Mercs lapping the 3rd place car every week. This year at least Ferrari is putting up a fight.

• 3 weeks later...
I only recently started really following F1 (like past 5 years or so). I'm a fan of Kimi Raikkonen, mainly for his off the track antics and colorful radio communications. Last year was extremely boring with both Mercs lapping the 3rd place car every week. This year at least Ferrari is putting up a fight.

Colorful radio communications? :D

Colorful radio communications? :D

Räikkönen is famous for his rather stoic messages and quotes. Honey badger Kimi don't care.

Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?â€Â

Kimi: “It protects my head.â€Â

Interviewer: “The most exciting moment during the race weekend?â€Â

Kimi: “I think so it’s the race start, always.â€Â

Interviewer: “The most boring?â€Â

Kimi: “Now.â€Â

When asked about how his yellow flag affected the other drivers:

Kimi: “I don’t care what happened to the others.â€Â

And most famously:

Team: Okay Kimi, next car behind you is Alsonso, Alonso 5 seconds behind you.

Team: I'll keep you updated on the gap. I'll keep you updated on the pace.

Kimi: Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

Kimi does what Kimi does and if you do not like it, Kimi is still going to do what Kimi does.

That trailer racing does look hilarious, if messy.

Watching WRC videos is what got me into Linkin Park

When I searched that vid just now I discovered there's a WRC remix for that song, but I still prefer the original. Of all the WRC music vids I've watched, that's my favorite; it's also the first one I ever watched.

Kimi: Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

He basically quotes this every race, but usually with a tiny bit of subtlety. But Kimi can't bother with that all the time. I'm actually kind of upset, I've missed the last 2 races for various reasons.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Probably going to get reported for this, but yeah I like F1. NASCAR too. (Haven't kept up with the races since Jeff retired though :/)

Anyone watching F1? Ferrari's kicking tush! 

On 7/4/2015 at 10:12 AM, Camacha said:

Räikkönen is famous for his rather stoic messages and quotes. Honey badger Kimi don't care.

I like "Kimi, get the [bleep] out of the way!"

F1 has been a bit better this season than the last several.  That is a good start.

I'll be going to Indy for the GP this weekend, then on to the 500 at the end of the month.  Always a great time in Indy!

Greenwood: "We are 9.5 [seconds] behind Bottas and eight tenths a lap quicker."

Raikkonen: "What do you mean, we are behind Bottas?!"

Greenwood: "Confirm, we are behind Bottas."

Raikkonen: "How did we end up behind him? Why did we not stop earlier?"

Greenwood: "He was leading the race, Kimi."

Raikkonen: "Oh, okay. I thought it was the other way round."

Epic :D

My favourite form of racing is historic racing and if I want to see racing that scares the tripe out of me I watch motorcycles.  My favourite cars are 1967 Grand Prix cars, especially the Lotus 49, my favourite driver from that period is Jim Clark, followed closely by John Surtees, my favourite front-engine Grand Prix car is the long-nosed Spa version of the 1957 Maserati 250F and my all-time favourite driver is Juan Manuel Fangio.

As you can probably tell, I am a card-carrying Grumpy Old Man!

On 10/05/2017 at 10:30 PM, DarkOwl57 said:

Anyone watching F1? Ferrari's kicking tush! 

I like "Kimi, get the [bleep] out of the way!"

Is it me or did the forum suddenly bork those quotes? I am pretty sure they were fine before.

Where's plane racing? Train racing? Trans-Atlantic boat racing? *coughWhiteStarLineandCunardcoughandotheronestopcough* Space-Race(ing)? POD-RACING?!?!

K i'll stop.

My favorite 'automobile' racing are (idk what they're called) those idiotic events where they drag out school buses, or lawn mowers, or Big Rigs, etc to race to the death.

Of all time though is probally the track-building-race Between UP and C(entral)P on the trans-continental railway. Or the great Rushing of B(erlin) between russia and the rest of the allies. :P 

On 5/12/2017 at 4:40 PM, benzman said:

My favourite form of racing is historic racing and if I want to see racing that scares the tripe out of me I watch motorcycles.  My favourite cars are 1967 Grand Prix cars, especially the Lotus 49, my favourite driver from that period is Jim Clark, followed closely by John Surtees, my favourite front-engine Grand Prix car is the long-nosed Spa version of the 1957 Maserati 250F and my all-time favourite driver is Juan Manuel Fangio.

As you can probably tell, I am a card-carrying Grumpy Old Man!

The only race my mom ever attended was the 1965 Indy 500.  So Jim Clark won all the races she ever attended!

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, NSEP said:

I like drag racing. But since the Netherlands has this formula 1 guy named Max Verstappen. Im looking at it now.

Oh really? How interesting. I've not seen him on the finishing list recently..... What team does he race for again? :wink:

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh really? How interesting. I've not seen him on the finishing list recently..... What team does he race for again? :wink:

Dunno actually, cant remember.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.