sdj64

The Ultimate Jool 5 Challenge!

982 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I 'm also planning on doing the Jool-5 soon in a Sandbox save. I've played KSP for the past two years, so I HAVE to do this sooner than later. @sdj64 is mining and ore processing allowed in the Jool system?

Mining is allowed but will count as a irsu entry

1 person likes this

Sorry question-askers, I've been traveling this weekend and haven't had time to respond.  Good luck to you all who are preparing your missions!

@TheHacker000 Your mission uses several prohibited mods as eloquentJane said.  It's cool to do it your own way, but it won't be in the leaderboard.

@Galacticvoyager Your rocket looks great.  The mammoth engines are fine for the clipping rule, their 3.75m body isn't clipped and it looks like they could be rotated to not clip at all, but you don't have to mess with it.

@ProtoJeb21 As rkarmark said, mining and processing on any planet or moon is allowed.  You will get the ISRU tag if you mine outside of Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, sdj64 said:

Sorry question-askers, I've been traveling this weekend and haven't had time to respond.  Good luck to you all who are preparing your missions!

@TheHacker000 Your mission uses several prohibited mods as eloquentJane said.  It's cool to do it your own way, but it won't be in the leaderboard.

@Galacticvoyager Your rocket looks great.  The mammoth engines are fine for the clipping rule, their 3.75m body isn't clipped and it looks like they could be rotated to not clip at all, but you don't have to mess with it.

@ProtoJeb21 As rkarmark said, mining and processing on any planet or moon is allowed.  You will get the ISRU tag if you mine outside of Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.

Ah thanks! Just needed yo know..

Also, it appears Supreme might actually be light enough to be towed by TITAN, my 500 ton cargo SSTO, you can check TITAN out on my spacecraft blog.

@sdj64 I am working on my final (ish) design of my ship for the Jool 5 attempt.  Now that @Angel-125 has done his rebalance of his DSEV mod, would ships containing parts from that mod now qualify? I am pretty sure the Viper engines may not, but I can get around that.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, smotheredrun said:

@sdj64 I am working on my final (ish) design of my ship for the Jool 5 attempt.  Now that @Angel-125 has done his rebalance of his DSEV mod, would ships containing parts from that mod now qualify? I am pretty sure the Viper engines may not, but I can get around that.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  The Viper and the Supernova are both obviously overpowered and comparable to other mods on the banned list.  I'm afraid DSEV will have to go there too.

is it ok to use kw rocketry? also what if i did a jupiter 4 in real solar system? im working on a ship for both jool and jupiter, so yeah pls answer ^^ (edit: i'd be using KW rocketry for the launcher if that makes a difference)

Edited by F3ARSTUNTS