Are UFO's already in KSP 1.0?

Rdivine

Should the devs release the secret UFO files?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devs release the secret UFO files?

• Yes! (No pressure, guys)
    • No. I don't believe it exists.

DOE is pretty buggy sometimes, especially when you zoom out all the way. A few days ago it was showing me a flare of something orbiting Ike equatorially, but the orbit was so offset it was essentially doing circles over and slightly into Ike's surface.

Edited by Maddmatts

These are called MBL's. There a known bug with the lighting engine. The illumanti hacked squad and made it so a.) it's impossible for jet engines to melt the I-beams and b.) triangles appear everywhere. Don't worry, it's a bug. We can have some fun with it, though.

Hey guys. I am very sure that it wasn't a glitch of some sort. It seemed like a solid object viewed from multiple camera angles. Thanks for the response anyways and we may never know the truth out there!

I remember working one night helping the TA teach astronomy lab at the campus observatory. A guy was pointing out 3 stars that as he observed, made a triangle, asking what they were. I had to inform him that except for the special case of them being in an actual line, any 3 stars made a triangle.

I generally see them from orbit... I aways see a flare around LKO... on a orbit of about 20~30° inclination... between 120~200Km... I tried to rendezvous to it many times, but it aways disappears when I get close... O___o

I aways tough it was some kind of DistantObject mod easter-egg/bug, but no... That thing is there... I even gave a codename to it... "The Black Knight"

• 1 year later...

9189283.jpg

Sorry, I had to. :P 

But at any rate, I think this should be made into a proper easter egg. Having a black triangle occasionally visit the KSC as you launch a rocket, and then disappear back into space, would be pretty cool. Maybe there could be special science experiments done on these crafts when they are recovered that would give you that tech! :)