The K Prize - 100% reusable spaceplane to orbit and back

soooo this would be ok then?

3865 kg

I have an even smaller version in the makings but takeoff becomes more and more a problem... :wink:

Edit: Also a hot contestant for cheapest manned SSTO :)

Edited by Fulgora

I have already submitted 3 and have 2 more that are ready for your judgement.

My new Dres SSTOhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ay_yc81mZ4

My SSTO to the Outer Planets (The SSTO is stock but the planets it visited aren't I am unsure if this still qualifies or if it's a gatecrasher so I am going to submit it anyway). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KTIByQ-3A&t=1s

• 3 weeks later...

An updated version of the 2nd SSTO I've ever made, which stopped working after the aero update. It can deliver ~2 tons to 75k orbit and is more than capable of landing on the runway (although it's pilot certainly isn't). I'm not sure what's up with the info in the f3 screen (all low, does f5 f9 mess with this?), but I tossed it in anyways.

If anybody wants the craft file let me know.

Edited by Invisifly2

Congratulations to...

Fulgora with Minimalist SSTO 5. @Fulgora

JacobJHC Advanced Pilot Precision Award, Expeditionary Astrokerbal Distinction with Dres SSTO. @JacobJHC

- Advanced Pilot Precision Award, Expeditionary Kosmokerbal Commendation (Duna++) with the I don't know if this SSTO has enough fuel.

Invisifly2 Utilitarial Commendation with Sparrow. @Invisifly2

@SuicidalInsanity  - Advanced Pilot Precision Award 1st Class with Flamespear Mk2.

.. on completing the K-Prize mission successfully. Thanks for your reports and welcome to the K-Prize party guestlist AKA the roll of honour.

Fulgora you have expunged the gatecrasher record but I will keep it here in case you want it put back as is your right.

"Fulgora was confident that gantry launches would one day eliminate the need for wheels."

@53miner53 didnt see a Kerbin landing so am assuming the mission was not completed yet.

@Joseph Kerman Sorry that you didnt get to finish your mission with your nice looking craft SF-01 Falcon. FYI it is within the rules to play on from an F5 save. Am I right in thinking your craft is all stock but with clipping (which is also OK, just the engines look a bit different due to rotated placement) ?

JacobJHC IMHO the not stock planetoid landings dont count but where the mission reached a stock planet it counts and meets K-Prize criteria assuming the craft and physics remained stock otherwise. 

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by boolybooly

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

It's Kerbin desert. I lost control and ran out of fuel, so I landed far west of the KSC.

Sorry @53miner53 didn't twig.

So I am happy to convey the apologies of the K-Prize committee and congratulations on completing the K-Prize mission successfully.

53miner53 Kosmokerbal Commendation (Mün) with SSTO 1.

Thanks for your mission report and welcome to the roll of honour aka party guest list.

I hope that is right now!

Edited by boolybooly

34 minutes ago, boolybooly said:

Sorry @53miner53 didn't twig.

So I am happy to convey the apologies of the K-Prize committee and congratulations on completing the K-Prize mission successfully.

53miner53 Kosmokerbal Commendation (Mün) with SSTO 1.

Thanks for your mission report and welcome to the roll of honour aka party guest list.

I hope that is right now!

It's all right now, thank you!

13 hours ago, boolybooly said:

@Joseph Kerman Sorry that you didn't get to finish your mission with your nice looking craft SF-01 Falcon. FYI it is within the rules to play on from an F5 save. Am I right in thinking your craft is all stock but with clipping (which is also OK, just the engines look a bit different due to rotated placement)?

Okay, I am not used to doing Alt+F5's and Alt+F9's, but I did manage to land it on the Runway. And It is stock, not playing with any sort of mod except the BDA that crashes the game on start-up.

So you made it through the whole mission @Joseph Kerman, is that right? Recovering from tracking station is also fine.

Sounds like a K-Prize!

So congratulations and thanks for your mission report and clarification...

Joseph Kerman  Advanced Pilot Precision Award with SF-01 Falcon.

Welcome to the K-Prize roll of honour and guest list for the K-Prize party.

Well SF-01 looks like a little R&D went into it.

Any (successful) mission report you want to make will be linked on the front page.

... for now, I am waiting to see what the promised KSP mission designer is like and if possible will transfer the K-Prize to an in game mission format so people can get a clear decision in game and I can have a holiday!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I had a really good stock plane that had just over 1000 m/s of delta v after achieving a 75 by 75 km orbit, and had (Barely) enough fuel to do a Munar flyby.

Unfortunately, upon reentry, the 2 mini air intakes exploded, and when I came in to land near the KSC, the wheels exploded with a speed of less than 70 m/s :mad: 

I have game footage, so once youtube processes it, I'll upload the fail video (There's 2, about 11 minutes long total).

UPDATE, it's about 40% of the way through uploading, man this internet is slow.

Edited by Spaceception

Couple of questions?

1. Is Tweakscale allowed (to make some parts smaller)?

2.  Is the open cockpit mod allowed?

3.  Does it have to land back at the KSP?

4. Are parachutes allowed for landing?  The plane can land, but I can't 

5. Are autopilots allowed?

thanks

On 7/12/2017 at 1:30 AM, zanie420 said:

I would like to submit the Mk2 spaceplane I used in my recent Jool5 run.

http://imgur.com/ScSlQcB

Looks great but you know the K-Prize has a no refuelling clause? See page 1 for rules.

@linuxgurugamer I am sorry but Tweakscale alters physics values from stock, so its breaking the rules. I dont know the physics stats for open cockpit, if its the same as a stock cockpit and is just an aesthetic change its allowed but if it has different physics then its gatecrasher material.

@Spaceception So I take it you would like a gatecrasher listing, so here it is. You can have your gatecrasher record expunged, at your discretion, if you complete the mission successfully. Thanks for sharing your mission videos :)

Spaceception came back down to Kerbin with a bit of a bump... and an explosion...  or two...