[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Sorry, this still doesn't have all the licenses in the download.

YANFRET: Please include _all_ licenses in the download, as the addon rules state. If you mention a license in the OP, mention it in the download.

Second, while this is not the violation of a forum rule*, it is a violation of a Rule Of Good Modding: for the love of $MONKEY, please don't do what you're doing to plugins. If you want to bundle a plugin, bundle it in the path that it's supposed to be in. This _will_ break people's installs, and (*ok, it is a violation of the "don't violate licenses" rule) is contrary to the licenses of, say, Firespitter.

If you want to bundle a plugin, please keep it in the path you found it in.

If you want to include Firespitter, do like everyone and put it in Firespitter/Plugins. If you want to bundle Procedural Fairings, put it under ProceduralFairings.

Sorry, this still doesn't have all the licenses in the download.

YANFRET: Please include _all_ licenses in the download, as the addon rules state. If you mention a license in the OP, mention it in the download.

Second, while this is not the violation of a forum rule*, it is a violation of a Rule Of Good Modding: for the love of $MONKEY, please don't do what you're doing to plugins. If you want to bundle a plugin, bundle it in the path that it's supposed to be in. This _will_ break people's installs, and (*ok, it is a violation of the "don't violate licenses" rule) is contrary to the licenses of, say, Firespitter.

If you want to bundle a plugin, please keep it in the path you found it in.

If you want to include Firespitter, do like everyone and put it in Firespitter/Plugins. If you want to bundle Procedural Fairings, put it under ProceduralFairings.

No problem I will make the changes

Updated to 1.0.2C

- Please refer to main page for all downloads

♦ Changed folder structure for plugins

♦ Added explicit copies of licenses to download with forum links

Dear Most Illustrious Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems Engineers,

We, your most ardent customer, wish to express our unwavering appreciation for your latest upgrade to the paperwork for your outstanding boosters and spacecraft. Our Director of Kerbalnaut Office is busy shanghaiing recruiting more Test Flight Crews as the ones we released from hangers granted leave to earlier have not returned from loving families' arms.

Rest assured that we at Voidryder's Aerospace stand ready to resume with full expediency the Glorious Kerbal People's Noble Climb to the Majestic Heavens using the exemplary Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

Post Script: It is always the paperwork, isn't it?

Edited by Voidryder

Hi Yanfret! maybe I'm a noob but what I have to do to have the smoke effects like stock crafts when you are lunching them from the lunch pad?

P.S. One of the best mods for KSP! thx for the effort!

Edited by raptor30

Hi Yanfret! maybe I'm a noob but what I have to do to have the smoke effects like stock crafts when you are lunching them from the lunch pad?

P.S. One of the best mods for KSP! thx for the effort!

Hi!

Okay so there are a few technical reasons why smoke fx can't be on a the SLS and MLS booster cores, but aside from those, the SRB's make so much smoke that adding any more would be a real FPS hit for some, and also from a realism point of view we really do want it to be the way it's set up now.

Hope you enjoy many successful flights!

omg :D the updates

It is our sincere hope that you won't have to deal with any more updates presently, 1.0.2C should be the hard version. Also, our next planned update will only add some additional parts and more product information cards ( Monkey Transfer Vehicle )... so the next one or two updates most likely will not be save breaking at all.

In other words you are cleared for takeoff :)

Monkey Transfer Vehicle Product Information Card Teaser:

XSZqrU.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

<3 update XD

Plus, I'm not sure if this is one CKAN :\

What are the "dragon" parts for. i dont see a spacex dragon pod??

A while back we licensed a few Laztek parts but not the dragon pod itself.

What remains of that in the pack today is a ladder and his radial engines for Duna return to orbit.

Yanfret, I have some good news, I plugged this into my heavily modded save and it seems like it is working fine. I haven't launched anything yet, but everything has loaded in fine.

That's brilliant! Thank you

I do need to let you guys know that the first interstage on the MLS - Rover Duna is in the wrong place on the staging tree. I'm not going to push out an update at Curse or Kerbalstuff over that, but here's the fixed craft file, and the Dropbox download linked on the main page has been patched.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmx5a2cfzh6gse0/MLS%20-%20ROVER%20DUNA.craft?dl=0

Special thanks to AJLSpace85 for spotting that one.

Edited by YANFRET

Yanfret I too would like to congratulate you and everyone who's participated in this effort and to see it finally released is an awesome thing. This mod has been in development since i started playing. .18 I think it was. Its come a long way. So again congrats. And today Ive finally decided to download this and try it. However I do have one concern. To what extent is CMES not supported with career? If its just balancing issues with node placement i can live with. But if theres parts that wont even show up at all in the tech tree then maybe ill hold off for the time being in that particular save.

Yanfret I too would like to congratulate you and everyone who's participated in this effort and to see it finally released is an awesome thing. This mod has been in development since i started playing. .18 I think it was. Its come a long way. So again congrats. And today Ive finally decided to download this and try it. However I do have one concern. To what extent is CMES not supported with career? If its just balancing issues with node placement i can live with. But if theres parts that wont even show up at all in the tech tree then maybe ill hold off for the time being in that particular save.

I'm kind of curious about that myslef. I mean, it might work great...

Please try it out and if you find something that isn't right, let us know and then we will fix it.

Oh and Chaka says hi!

M5C90g.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

This looks interesting, but I couldn't gather much from the limited info in the OP. Is this an original mod, with parts and plugins exclusive to this mod? Or, is this just a collection of other mods/pieces of mods bundled together as a sort of 'modpack' deal to create a specific gameplay experience?

As a rather large pack, I'm not so inclined to load up a new install just to find out what it is. If it is original, I'll certainly give it a go...it looks cool from the couple screens you've shown. If it's just a large modpack, though, I'll pass for now.

Edit: Ok, I see the line that says it's modified parts and original parts. That line might be better suited at the very top of the thread, and in a font size that stands out more than the rest. I passed it right up the first 2 times I looked it over. Anyway, I'll give this a go, looks interesting.

Edited by NWDogg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.