[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Firstly, as has been said...just wow! beautiful work. I think this is the way forward for a program like this.

This is a wonderful gathering of some fabulous work.

I do have a problem with the update (I think)...

The external camera you had included (I don't have the name now) appears to be missing from your latest update.

Is this intentional?

If so, I shall have to start my station build from scratch again :(

Love ya work!

Firstly, as has been said...just wow! beautiful work. I think this is the way forward for a program like this.

This is a wonderful gathering of some fabulous work.

I do have a problem with the update (I think)...

The external camera you had included (I don't have the name now) appears to be missing from your latest update.

Is this intentional?

If so, I shall have to start my station build from scratch again :(

Love ya work!

Just looked at the download and there missing there from ASET the ExtCamRadialVert you can get them here https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hd1fk8kwzxadz8/ALCOR_IVA_Patch_0.9.2.3.zip

EDIT- And Alex has some very nice landing legs you can see and get here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54925-1-0-2-ALCOR-Advanced-Landing-Capsule-for-Orbital-Rendezvous-by-ASET-%2805-05-2015%29?p=1975136&viewfull=1#post1975136

Edited by Mecripp2

That's really cool looking! The problem is the size. It can't be anymore sized down in RAM, but can you make different download packs that contain different parts like launchers, crew vehicles, rovers etc. I probably won't need all of this awesome stuff. And have another question. Are there Mars/Duna direct parts in this pack?

It's not really a pack that you'd want to split up in that way, I don't think. The ships are complex, and it would be very hard to make most of them with other parts stripped away.

Can confirm that the latest download now loads all the parts correctly in Sandbox mode, even with the other 70 odd mods I'm running. Not unlocked full tech tree in career yet, so not sure if it works in that mode. Can anyone else confirm?

I'm currently using this in my career save and well I'm on Linux so when it comes to part mods ive got uh.. All of them lol. So its really hard to tell if something is missing. I have about half the tree unlocked and so far I've got a good portion of CMES parts. There probably needs some balancing, but so far the parts are there.

So I got half a mind so try this on a bone stock install, cheat the tree unlocked and then see. Maybe even get rid of Squads parts to make it easier. Thing is... How exactly could I go about checking off each and every part in this pack? Should I just cross reference every single part in gamedata or is there a better list of sorts I can use?

Oh the craft files maybe. If I were to unlock the entire tree, enable stock craft then see if any of the sub assemblies or CMES crafts can't load because of a part missing. If I can load them all.. then is it safe to say all the parts are in the tree? Forgive me if its a stupid question, but are there parts in this pack that might not be in a .craft?

That's really cool looking! The problem is the size. It can't be anymore sized down in RAM, but can you make different download packs that contain different parts like launchers, crew vehicles, rovers etc. I probably won't need all of this awesome stuff. And have another question. Are there Mars/Duna direct parts in this pack?

@YANFRET, to piggy-back on this, do you have any intention on doing as you have with previous releases and putting out a "lite" version containing only the parts to build a functional Orion MPCV and launcher? Frankly I dont even care about the launching system, as long as I get the stack from the LES down to the ICPS lol.

Yeah it's in the factory being wired up.

* hey jimmy how's that lite version coming along? *

( long silence )

Okay so he says it's just him back there and Chaka didn't show up today, something about going out last night...

Oh, here's Chaka ... yeah He's lookin a little slow this morning

GFp9TR.jpg

i want chaka......

- - - Updated - - -

why dont the orion docking ports have chutes

Are you using Realchutes ?

EDIT- And they do have chutes just thinking even if you had realchutes they still should show up just not work that good.

Is there anything in your log or debug ? Or you using tweakeverything ?

EDIT- Let me loaded up and check

EDIT- Dang, I have the same problem in my Main CMES install which haven't got to start yet.

Edited by Mecripp2

Looking at this photo... one thought occurs to my mind and I must ask...

Do you have a cat?

Labrador Retriever and a roomba that follows him around

8J16y6.jpg

no and no

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm idk what to do

Maybe I dont understand... It definitely has parachutes.

rA1PmC.jpg

There is one problem I found. I can't transfer crew from the Altair to the Orion. Where's the crew hatch?

We have a pending service request with the manufacturer on that issue, it's a bit complicated.

Edited by YANFRET

vOZiHw.jpg

Absolutely not...

However we do need to re calibrate the drag settings on the emergency chutes clipped inside the capsule... I'm working that issue now.

Also on Altair crew transfer, I'm going to test Sarbian's Crew Manifest to see if that can get the little guys out of there.

Of course there is always the old fashioned way, with a quick EVA as well.

Edited by YANFRET

YANFRET was that a save craft ? they do have chutes but if you grab that docking port in VAB it's funny you can see the settings but no staging and have added that missing line to the cfg but must be doing something wrong.

EDIT- And lines not missing, I'm just blind

Edited by Mecripp2

In the VAB when I click on the part I do get the parachutes, although they don't work very well because of how old the models are, that's why we have to nest the new squad parachutes as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.