NEW RP FORUMS DOWN!

I meant the claims from yesterday.

How can you guys go about determining if new people are fit for roleplaying? (Note: This is an honest question. I just reread it and it could be misunderstood. I\'m just interested as I\'m a nosey git. :D)

I already got that planned, i have some previous methods and experience.

It consists of writing a short story, demonstrating some basic political and cultural know-how etc.

Please, convince me that this cause is not entirely lost.

It was very much improved just before it got hijacked; proper moderation was set up, people stopped claiming each others land, and some persistent troublemakers were removed.

It consists of writing a short story, demonstrating some basic political and cultural know-how etc.

Ah ok. Thanks.

So basically if you\'re new to roleplay and have limited knowledge of where to begin with it, you\'re screwed?

I\'m just better learning things as I do things is all, never been great at learning by being told or reading what everyone else does or suggests.

So basically if you\'re new to roleplay and have limited knowledge of where to begin with it, you\'re screwed?

I\'m just better learning things as I do things is all, never been great at learning by being told or reading what everyone else does or suggests.

It calls upon talent, writing a story demands innate ability, if you don\'t have cultural or political know-how, you will be presented to a handbook.

But yes, if you have no idea how to write properly or formally, you are most likely going to be shown the door.

That is, if i had it my way, because i have standards and methods.

That\'s an interesting method. Though we might end up having problems with newbie integration, especially if they are somewhat young.

Without guidance, there wouldn\'t be any newbie integration, if things were to go the way Ascensiam wants it.

Personally I like the method of allowing people a time period to integrate themselves into the RP, if they can\'t manage that after the set time (whatever that may be), remove them from the RP. At least it gives them a chance that way.

Without guidance, there wouldn\'t be any newbie integration, if things were to go the way Ascensiam wants it.

Personally I like the method of allowing people a time period to integrate themselves into the RP, if they can\'t manage that after the set time (whatever that may be), remove them from the RP. At least it gives them a chance that way.

There will be guidance so that people with ability/talent have a chance to pick up on it, yes, there\'s a bar you have to jump across to get into the pen, roleplays are not fit for everyone.

Alright. Should I start creating some religions, and other stuff for the Kerbal World?

A few people, me included, already have religions, i believe mine is still the most extensive of those.

The problem will be convincing people that their country wasn\'t 100% atheist since forever, because many here refuse to have a religion just because they don\'t follow one in real life, this is detrimental to their culture and history, and is utterly nonsensical, good luck, though!

A few people, me included, already have religions, i believe mine is still the most extensive of those.

The problem will be convincing people that their country wasn\'t 100% atheist since forever, because many here refuse to have a religion just because they don\'t follow one in real life, this is detrimental to their culture and history, and is utterly nonsensical, good luck, though!

Well... Some of us aren\'t atheist but had a valid reason for the country to be. ;D

Well... Some of us aren\'t atheist but had a valid reason for the country to be. ;D

I\'d like to hear the reason then.

The situation is simply that if your coutnry is just 99% atheist, you need to explain what the rest believe in.

If you can\'t invent one, then adopt one, which i actively encourage, because it makes more sense to have a \'\'fold\'\' of countries following the same faith, just like northern europe is alike because of this.

I\'d like to hear the reason then.

The situation is simply that if your coutnry is just 99% atheist, you need to explain what the rest believe in.

If you can\'t invent one, then adopt one, which i actively encourage, because it makes more sense to have a \'\'fold\'\' of countries following the same faith, just like northern europe is alike because of this.

Well the reason was, it was set up by some rich businessmen... Saying that, that was when it an island.

I didn\'t really want to put a religion up because there would have probably been a mixture. The most important was the state religion. Of which there wasn\'t one.

*EDIT* I didn\'t particularly want to make my own religion either, because it would be surrounded by others. Near the end I was trying to encourage nations in the same area to create a joint history...

Also for the map, should I take a copy and make several versions indicating 1. Nations 2. Culture 3. Religion 4. Natural Resources 5. Terrain 6. Alliances, and other maps so it is much more in depth.

All of these things will, if i am given a position of power on Radion\'s forum, be handled by yours truly as i have always done, your help would be sought after and we could cooperate.

Alright then. I got made the global mod, after the nation board descended into chaos. Can I at least do a history of Kerbal till the present day, that is modified past each decade we go by?

Can you go into depth with that?

It calls upon talent, writing a story demands innate ability, if you don\'t have cultural or political know-how, you will be presented to a handbook.

But yes, if you have no idea how to write properly or formally, you are most likely going to be shown the door.

That is, if i had it my way, because i have standards and methods.

You see, I believe that methods that actually allow some democracy and aren\'t terribly restrictive are better.

I have to disagree with you.

You see, I believe that methods that actually allow some democracy and aren\'t terribly restrictive are better.

I have to disagree with you.

This is what destroyed the RP to begin with, allowing everyone and anyone to participate, you need limited discrimination if you want to avoid quality to degenerate completely, this isn\'t about \'\'democracy\'\' as long as this democracy means the freedom to destroy a roleplay, if we followed your example then there would be no point in trying to uphold rules, and it would turn into what i\'ve seen so far, a lost cause.

This is what destroyed the RP to begin with, allowing everyone and anyone to participate, you need limited discrimination if you want to avoid quality to degenerate completely, this isn\'t about \'\'democracy\'\' as long as this democracy means the freedom to destroy a roleplay, if we followed your example then there would be no point in trying to uphold rules, and it would turn into what i\'ve seen so far, a lost cause.

That\'s not true at all, however maybe you may be right about the limited discrimination bit.

It\'s either RP is fun, or it is horribly restricted and not fun but 'proper'.