[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 6/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, Jiraiyah said:

until @JPLRepo can find a time to see to this error, can anyone help me getting rid of it with an unofficial build? I want to play interstellar and honestly, without deep freeze it's almost impossible to send kerbals to other stars in galaxies.

If there is no way to fix this for time being, can anyone help and recommend an alternative way? Personally was thinking about playing with civilian population hand in hand with deep freeze, but now, I don't know if I can use civilian population for years away from kerbol system!

You probably installed it incorrectly.  Maybe you downloaded the wrong file?

How did you install it, by hand or with CKAN?

On 6/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, Jiraiyah said:

Today I downloaded deep freeze from github, and I put everything inside the game data folder, so, lacking of a dependency is not an issue here, how ever, when I run the game, it complains about something went bad and about bad installation!

What specifically are you talking about here?  Where does it complain, and what doesn't work?

I've looked at the log file you posted, I don't see anything obviously wrong

This mod causes a strange error when installing RasterPropMonitor Core. I checked all my mods and only this one caused a bug. The camera passes through the floor and stops moving, you can only zoom in/out. This happens with all cryocamers, with the exception of the CRY-2300. Even if Kerbal leaves the ship, he will still be inside the ship and outside at the same time. The screenshot shows this. If you switch to the ship through the tracking station, everything will return to how it was, kerbal will return to the ship, and the camera will break again. Is this how it should be, or is it a bug? Here is the link there are screenshots and logs:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eumppuBUquyHFazBmt5vk3N3S3FJmRqC?usp=drive_link

On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, ABOBA said:

This mod causes a strange error when installing RasterPropMonitor Core. I checked all my mods and only this one caused a bug. The camera passes through the floor and stops moving, you can only zoom in/out. This happens with all cryocamers, with the exception of the CRY-2300. Even if Kerbal leaves the ship, he will still be inside the ship and outside at the same time. The screenshot shows this. If you switch to the ship through the tracking station, everything will return to how it was, kerbal will return to the ship, and the camera will break again. Is this how it should be, or is it a bug? Here is the link there are screenshots and logs:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eumppuBUquyHFazBmt5vk3N3S3FJmRqC?usp=drive_link

I'm having this issue too... Uninstalled all related mods, reinstalled, no luck. Gonna try some other fixes and see if that helps, I'll let you know if I find a fix.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:56 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

What specifically are you talking about here?  Where does it complain, and what doesn't work?

I've looked at the log file you posted, I don't see anything obviously wrong

honestly I didn't try playing to see if parts and mechanics are ok or not, as soon as I install the mod, when I start the game, on the main menu there is a warning modal box saying that something seriously wrong about deep freeze installation happened and tells me to close the game and reinstall the mod properly!

18 hours ago, joynerm said:

I'm having this issue too... Uninstalled all related mods, reinstalled, no luck. Gonna try some other fixes and see if that helps, I'll let you know if I find a fix.

8 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

honestly I didn't try playing to see if parts and mechanics are ok or not, as soon as I install the mod, when I start the game, on the main menu there is a warning modal box saying that something seriously wrong about deep freeze installation happened and tells me to close the game and reinstall the mod properly!

How did you install it?  And, if you get that message, post the log file (Player.log) before you try again

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you install it?  And, if you get that message, post the log file (Player.log) before you try again

Here's my log file.  Primary issue seems to be between RPM and Deep Freeze but I also get some random JSI initialization error too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wtr0t0QidsUTvaDbVODSnNOgvgS942PY/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, joynerm said:

Here's my log file.  Primary issue seems to be between RPM and Deep Freeze but I also get some random JSI initialization error too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wtr0t0QidsUTvaDbVODSnNOgvgS942PY/view?usp=sharing

On 6/8/2023 at 4:38 PM, joynerm said:

reverted raster prop monitor version to 1:v0.31.11.1 and it fixed the issue with deep freeze for me. Good temp fix for now, so it looks like the issue is with RPM itself vice deepfreeze

On 6/10/2023 at 6:12 AM, joynerm said:

reverted raster prop monitor version to 1:v0.31.11.1 and it fixed the issue with deep freeze for me. Good temp fix for now, so it looks like the issue is with RPM itself vice deepfreeze

In my case this version didn't solve the issue, the modal box is still there, will try lower versions to see if they fix it or not

On 6/11/2023 at 3:24 AM, Jiraiyah said:

In my case this version didn't solve the issue, the modal box is still there, will try lower versions to see if they fix it or not

Would still like to see your log file

On 6/9/2023 at 10:42 PM, joynerm said:

That's very odd, DeepFreeze doesn't use RPM. (edit: It is optional)

In the log file you posted, (FYI, I prefer the Player.log), I don't see any issues from DF regarding RPM, in fact, I don't see any of the messages that would be posted if that  modal dialog was shown.  Did you post the correct log file?

Anyway, when I install DF with CKAN, it doesn't install RPM at all.  So I installed it with CKAN, still didn't get any error

Edit:  MEssages  like this:

[ERR 20:32:17.053] [RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part CRY-0300RFreezer for prop DFElectricGaugeBar in internal Cry-0300RInternal

aren't an DF issue, this is just RPM looking for a module on the part and not finding it.

I did find one thing about DF having a problem, but it almost looks like something is messing with the DF parts (RPM, maybe?)

All I can say right now is that using what appears to be the same packages, it is working for me, which leads me to believe one of the following:

1. You installed in incorrectly by hand
  2. There is another mod causing issues

Since you still haven't mentioned how you installed it, I can't really help much more

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 6/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Would still like to see your log file

That's very odd, DeepFreeze doesn't use RPM.

In the log file you posted, (FYI, I prefer the Player.log), I don't see any issues from DF regarding RPM, in fact, I don't see any of the messages that would be posted if that  modal dialog was shown.  Did you post the correct log file?

1. There is another mod causing issues

Since you still haven't mentioned how you installed it, I can't really help much more

my log file is in the first post here :

Also, I tried installing with ckan and when I got the error, I tried removing it by ckan and then installing manually from git hub, didn't work, again when people talked about rpm, I tried using ckan, same issue exists

7 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

my log file is in the first post here :

I found your problem in the log file:

3/6/2023 4:05:21 PM,DeepFreeze,DeepFreeze - Caught an exception:
Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper (System.IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.ParamsArray args) [0x000ae] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.String.FormatHelper (System.IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.ParamsArray args) [0x00023] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.String.Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00020] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at RSTUtils.Utilities.Log (System.String Message, System.Object[] strParams) [0x00001] in <72233efaa3ee4936a15201f98fac7b68>:0 
  at DF.InstallChecker.Start () [0x00016] in <72233efaa3ee4936a15201f98fac7b68>:0  
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Not sure what's going on.  I did, however, encounter some issues with some recent updates to RPM, I had to not use the last two versions and use the 0.31.13.0 version, the two newer ones were causing the game to crash when going to the launchpad with only a capsule and a small freezer section.

Best thing I can suggest right now is to create a totally clean install, and just install DeepFreeze with CKAN, no additional mods and see if it works.  If it does, then add a few mods at a time and see what happens.

Can I assume that this message shows up during startup?  Would be helpful if you could take a screenshot, and then send/post both the screenshot AND the log file for that particular run (can you include the KSP.log, Player.log and all the files/log from the Logs dir in the main game dir (those are logs created by some mods, including ModuleManager).

Edit:  I have a local copy I've built and is working fine for me, this includes some fixes which are in the repo but not released;  not relevant to this issue since I can't reproduce your problem with the released version.  However, if you'd like, I can make a version with some extra debugging, which _might_ help track this down.  But I'd like you to do what I asked first, since I have a feeling there is another mod causing issues.

Edit 2:  IMPORTANT - Before you do the run for the logs, please do the following:

1. Remove Deep Freeze, start the game and get to the MainMenu
  2. Alt-F12 to bring up the System popup
  3. Click on Debugging, and then select the line which says "Immediately Flush Log File to Disk"
  4. Then close the window and exit the game

I'm wondering if some log lines are missing, because I don't see a few lines which should be there.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I ran into this myself.  Did you notify the author?

8 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Also, I tried installing with ckan and when I got the error, I tried removing it by ckan and then installing manually from git hub, didn't work, again when people talked about rpm, I tried using ckan, same issue exists

I noticed something very odd in the log file:

Mono path[0] = 'E:/{GAMES}/KSP/1.12.5 Light Moded/KSP_x64_Data/Managed'

It's the {GAMES} which I'm concerned about.  It's possible those braces are triggering a problem in some string functions.  The issue seems to be coming up during the startup, when it's checking for correct installation paths.  If this is so, then for now you can ignore the modal dialog and see if the rest of it works.

Would be nice to see if it works in a normal path (ie:  C:/Games/.......)

Edit:  I've just tested this, and that IS the problem.    Easy fix is to just change the name of the directory where the game is

Edited by linuxgurugamer

The problem with RPM has been solved.

Until a patch is made, either in the DF mod or RPM mod, add the following to a CFG file:

// RPM is no longer inserting the computer, so this does it 
@PART[CRY-2300Freezer,CRY-0300RFreezer,CRY-1300Freezer,CRY-0300Freezer]:HAS[!MODULE[RasterPropMonitorComputer]]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]
{
        MODULE
        {
                name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
        }
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 6/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I noticed something very odd in the log file:

Mono path[0] = 'E:/{GAMES}/KSP/1.12.5 Light Moded/KSP_x64_Data/Managed'

It's the {GAMES} which I'm concerned about.  It's possible those braces are triggering a problem in some string functions.  The issue seems to be coming up during the startup, when it's checking for correct installation paths.  If this is so, then for now you can ignore the modal dialog and see if the rest of it works.

Would be nice to see if it works in a normal path (ie:  C:/Games/.......)

Edit:  I've just tested this, and that IS the problem.    Easy fix is to just change the name of the directory where the game is

wow, never thought of that one, thanks for all the effort

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.