[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

3 hours ago, TauPhraim said:

I actually supplied a fix :) No hurry for me, since I now run on my own version, but if I understood the issue completely, it must also be impacting a lot of other users.

Ah ok. thx. I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo I just chucked it up to a mod conflict, some where as I also can't recreate it.

Starting a new game on a fresh install using DeepFreeze from the start so if it happens, I'll be able to catch it while not messing with mods :)

Hi, I tried putting some CRY-0300R pods on my ship, froze the kerbals, worked fine, then arrived later after many years and switching ships a lot, to unfreeze them.

They are listed as frozen in the deepfreeze interface window, but there is no button to unfreeze them, and the freezing pods themselves say empty.

The console is just constantly spewing out this every few seconds even when I'm not doing anything. ALl of the above shown here:

I have a huge list of mods, so if a conflict, may be hopeless, however this is very similar to stuff that happened last time I used this mod a year or so ago when I have almost none of the same mods. But not sure entirely.

I can't think of anything I did that would be relevant, the root part of the ship has been attached to the cryonic parts the entire mission. Didn't rename it, didn't attach anything with KAS, etc. Just flew here, and of course normal launch staging. I DO have an antenna connection, and plenty of power.

Edited by Crimeo

1 hour ago, TauPhraim said:

@Crimeo This sounds like the same bug I had and fixed. Did you already have vessels in this save with freezer parts (even empty) ? If so, how many slots did they have compared to the new vessel ?

Ohhhh I didn't notice that the vessel name was wrong... Yes I have one vessel in orbit back home with 4 slots (all in one planetary base freezer building), empty, justlike 4 slots on this mission. The one at home is the one that it is listing on the deepfreeze menu there. So they got listed as frozen on the incorrect ship? How did you fix it?

Edited by Crimeo

5 minutes ago, Crimeo said:

I have one vessel in orbit back home with 4 slots (all in one planetary base freezer building), and one on this mission with 4 individual pods as shown. The one at home is empty, and actually never had anybody frozen in it, but is active.

Hum if it's exactly 4 vs 4, it might be a different bug (are you sure you don't have some derelict ship somewhere with < 4 ?). It would still be clearer if you could try with the fix (you'd need to wait for its integration for that, or be able to compile your own version), and spot the first error happening in the logs.

Only that one, is all I have, but it definitely is the one with the empty 4, because that's the name it lists on the deepfreeze menu (incorrectly so) as the one they're frozen at. I loaded it up and it seems empty on the part too though.

Okay I eventually deorbited the other station, then looked in the KSC view deepfreeze menu, where inexplicably there WAS a thaw button, but when pushing it, it thawed them into the astronaut complex. Lol? This seems like 6 bugs in a row or something. I guess I'll maybe just use the parts for roleplaying and ship manifest people back and forth.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Sounds like I might need to do that fix sooner rather than later. I'll try to get to it in the next day or two.

I think you can start by just inclunding the one I did. From there I'd be willing to have a look at crimeo's case (if it still occurs).

1 hour ago, TauPhraim said:

I think you can start by just inclunding the one I did. From there I'd be willing to have a look at crimeo's case (if it still occurs).

Perhaps. Call me OCD but I want to take a closer look. But also I don't like doing releases with one thing in them unless it's something really big. New releases is a bit of work to do not to mention everyone who then feels compelled to update as well. So j don't take them lightly.

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Perhaps. Call me OCD but I want to take a closer look. But also I don't like doing releases with one thing in them unless it's something really big. New releases is a bit of work to do not to mention everyone who then feels compelled to update as well. So j don't take them lightly.

Looks relatively big to me. And the error was very similar to the one visible in Crimeo's screenshot. Let me know if you need more details/comments (here or on github).

By the way, something that could both satisfy an OCD, and make a release bigger :) : I think the project needs a little bit of cleanup (beyond code): there's a REPOSoftTechUtils folder in the repo, but if I remember correctly, compilation is using a REPOSoftTechKSPUtils that you have to find somehow in another repo and put in the right place ... or something like that. It definitely does not work out of the box.

7 hours ago, TauPhraim said:

Looks relatively big to me. And the error was very similar to the one visible in Crimeo's screenshot. Let me know if you need more details/comments (here or on github).

By the way, something that could both satisfy an OCD, and make a release bigger :) : I think the project needs a little bit of cleanup (beyond code): there's a REPOSoftTechUtils folder in the repo, but if I remember correctly, compilation is using a REPOSoftTechKSPUtils that you have to find somehow in another repo and put in the right place ... or something like that. It definitely does not work out of the box.

Given I've seen 2? Possibly 3? Reports of the bug I wouldn't call it big.

thanks for pointing out the inconsistency in my GitHub repo though. That's as a result of a change I made a while back and hadn't noticed this repo was wrong. I will fix it, but that has no player impact whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo I think I'm getting/doing something wrong OR experiencing some mod interactions, probably the latter. I set the "Use EC to run freezer" option ON, it is said that it uses 10EC/min, but the right click menu is showing 1,335 EC/s (but it varies a lot up and down), AmpYear shows 0 and stock resources stays on 0 for a few seconds, the start going up until about 60 then go back to 0 for a few seconds and repeat.

I tested it on a clean install and it worked as it should. What I don't know if this interaction with some other mod is intentional or not. And I don't have a clue of what other mod could be causing this.

Heres is some images, logs and mod list (from AVC):

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.18
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.7.4
Bon Voyage - 0.12
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.6
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.5.3
Contract Pack: Sounding Rockets - 1.2
Rover Missions - 0.1.7
CryoEngines - 0.4.6
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.11
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.12
Firespitter - 7.5.1
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
HeatControl - 0.3.4
Impact - 1.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
InlineBallutes - 1.2.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
MKS Patches for KPBS - 0.9.5
Historian Extended - 1.2.7
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.0.0.6
KWRocketryRedux - 3.1.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
Final Frontier - 1.2.7.3080
NRAP - 1.5.5.1
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4.2
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
PoodsOPMVO - 0.3.4
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.2
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
AmpYear - 1.4.6
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
Sigma: OPM Tilt - 1.2
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.2.2
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
USI Core - 0.3.10
Konstruction - 0.1.12
USI-LS - 0.5.24
Malemute Rover - 0.2.8
MKS - 0.50.18
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.9
Universal Storage - 1.2.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
IVA Kerbal Identifier - 1.0.2
OSE Workshop - 1.0.8

BTW: I know it's me that should track down the mod interaction and I'll do, just need a North to where I should start to make things quicker.

Thanks for all your work man! :) 

EDIT: forgot to mention, sometimes the DeepFreeze category don't show up in the VAB.

Edited by VaPaL

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 5:17 AM, The-Doctor said:

@JPLRepo hey, could you add a function where you could use kerbal alarm clock to wake up the crew when you have RemoteTech installed?  This is something I desire because I plan on doing interstellar colonization. 

DeepFreeze already integrates with KAC to create alarms to wake up crew. Not sure what more you are after.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:39 PM, VaPaL said:

@JPLRepo I think I'm getting/doing something wrong OR experiencing some mod interactions, probably the latter. I set the "Use EC to run freezer" option ON, it is said that it uses 10EC/min, but the right click menu is showing 1,335 EC/s (but it varies a lot up and down), AmpYear shows 0 and stock resources stays on 0 for a few seconds, the start going up until about 60 then go back to 0 for a few seconds and repeat.

I tested it on a clean install and it worked as it should. What I don't know if this interaction with some other mod is intentional or not. And I don't have a clue of what other mod could be causing this.

Reveal hidden contents

BTW: I know it's me that should track down the mod interaction and I'll do, just need a North to where I should start to make things quicker.

Thanks for all your work man! :) 

EDIT: forgot to mention, sometimes the DeepFreeze category don't show up in the VAB.

No suggestions other than this:
Remove half of your mods. Problem not occurring? It's in the half you removed. Problem still occurring? It's in the half you still have installed.
Rinse and repeat and finally you will narrow it down to the mod interaction causing the problem.

Hey all I really like using this mod but I'm having a problem. I recently deleted KSP and reinstalled on another hard drive and reinstalled mods from scratch including the newest deep freeze. I then copied over my savegames from the old install. I can load the same ships and all the same parts are there, but in the VAB I have no deep freeze parts in the deep freeze section, and I can't launch any of the ships that have the deep freeze parts! It says they are locked/experimental. I had installed DF through CKAN, and I tried removing it then installing it manually, and then tried the older version, but I still can't get parts to re appear in the VAB, Anyone know what the problem is? I hope so I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks.

On 12/29/2016 at 11:56 PM, JPLRepo said:

I'll look into it.

EDIT: I looked into this. It seemed unusual at the time that you said it would store up EC as it's produced... Because it doesn't.
As the OP says, you MUST have the EC of 3000 to freeze or thaw a kerbal. I went back to very early versions - it never has done what you suggest.
What it does do is consume EC per physics step of the amount defined in the part config by the field "ChargeRate". This is defined as 30 EC units for all the DeepFreeze parts by default (of course you can change it if you so desire). As long as your vessel is generating 30 units per physics frame then it will continue to consume 30 units until the 3000 is met.

Are you saying this is not working as described above?
If so, then it is not because of DeepFreeze but probably changes to the way resources are handled in stock from 1.2 onwards.

Just looking back and noticed your edit here...  (Sorry, don't always check the thread - I typically rely on the emails, and they don't cover edits.)

And yes, by my last test this is not working as described above.  I had a generator designed to one-shot generate the 3000 in a few seconds, and it's power was being dumped overboard as far as I could tell.  The same generator had worked pre-1.2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.