[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Mod is broken for me  I launched with the three-man DeepFreeze unit with one Kerbal in it.  Upon orbiting, I did a QuickSave.  A few minutes later, I did a QuickLoad of the QuickSave.  The DeepFreeze unit flashed momentarily, then disappeared, along with the Kerbal.  This happened on two different vessels, so this is not a one-off.  Both Kerbals are now listed as Missing in Action.

41 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Mod is broken for me  I launched with the three-man DeepFreeze unit with one Kerbal in it.  Upon orbiting, I did a QuickSave.  A few minutes later, I did a QuickLoad of the QuickSave.  The DeepFreeze unit flashed momentarily, then disappeared, along with the Kerbal.  This happened on two different vessels, so this is not a one-off.  Both Kerbals are now listed as Missing in Action.

No log ? = no support. 

Works for me so I can't help you without a log when the error occurs.

20 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

No log ? = no support. 

Works for me so I can't help you without a log when the error occurs.

I'll get that to you.  Thanks.  I've use DeepFreeze in the past.  Essential for long planetary trips.  I'll include images as well.

22 minutes ago, Spodershibe said:

The glykerol containers are not holding glykerol for some reason. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no luck. Any idea why?

Because you need CRP installed. (which is included in the zip file). See the OP dependencies.

But if you installed it some other way, say via CKAN, then I'm not responsible for what that installs.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Because you need CRP installed. (which is included in the zip file). See the OP dependencies.

But if you installed it some other way, say via CKAN, then I'm not responsible for what that installs.

I have community resource pack installed

I will try re installing it, and come back if it still doesnt work

Hi all.

First I wanted to say that I love this mod. Unfortunately I also love TAC LS. So.. TAC is still not compatible with Deep Freeze as I see it. When thawing a kerbal, he consumes supplies for the period when he was hibernating. I have the latest version of TAC LS (v0.12.2) and DF (v0.22.3). Here's my output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaxkffuozpeufp7/output_log.txt?dl=0

Maybe somebody could write a quick fix like that one for previous versions of TAC? Thanks for help.

1 hour ago, GrzesiekB said:

Hi all.

First I wanted to say that I love this mod. Unfortunately I also love TAC LS. So.. TAC is still not compatible with Deep Freeze as I see it. When thawing a kerbal, he consumes supplies for the period when he was hibernating. I have the latest version of TAC LS (v0.12.2) and DF (v0.22.3). Here's my output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaxkffuozpeufp7/output_log.txt?dl=0

Maybe somebody could write a quick fix like that one for previous versions of TAC? Thanks for help.

Sounds like a new issue, repeat of an old one. There won't be any quick fix hack. I'll investigate when I have time to find the issue and a fix will be introduced into this mod or TACLS if indeed it's a confirmed issue.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Sounds like a new issue, repeat of an old one. There won't be any fix hack. I'll investigate when I have time to find the issue and a fix will be introduced into this mod or TACLS if indeed it's a confirmed issue.

Also, are frozen kerbals supposed to be visible in TAC LS crew roster with "last updated" parameter? Because they are. Maybe this will be some clue to the issue.

Thanks for quick reply. Will be waiting for this problem to be solved. Thank you dear OP

10 hours ago, GrzesiekB said:

Also, are frozen kerbals supposed to be visible in TAC LS crew roster with "last updated" parameter? Because they are. Maybe this will be some clue to the issue.

Thanks for quick reply. Will be waiting for this problem to be solved. Thank you dear OP

OK, I can confirm this is an issue. When you freeze a kerbal you should see this in your log:
Deleting Frozen crew member:  <crewmembername> but I am not seeing that in your log, and that is why they still appear in TAC LS crew roster (they should be removed). But it looks like they are not being removed.
I will have to investigate what is going on.
EDIT: (Added issue on github for investigation) https://github.com/JPLRepo/DeepFreeze/issues/58

Edited by JPLRepo

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

OK, I can confirm this is an issue. When you freeze a kerbal you should see this in your log:
Deleting Frozen crew member:  <crewmembername> but I am not seeing that in your log, and that is why they still appear in TAC LS crew roster (they should be removed). But it looks like they are not being removed.
I will have to investigate what is going on.
EDIT: (Added issue on github for investigation) https://github.com/JPLRepo/DeepFreeze/issues/58

A fix has been submitted for TAC LS to incorporate and publish a new version of TAC LS.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/pull/29

Hey.

For some reason, when I download the mod, the pieces don't show up. I check the version of the game [1.1.3] and I check that it is properly installed. The same thing happened with RPM. There are all the buttons but the monsters don't show up.

Please help me.

22 minutes ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

Hey.

For some reason, when I download the mod, the pieces don't show up. I check the version of the game [1.1.3] and I check that it is properly installed. The same thing happened with RPM. There are all the buttons but the monsters don't show up.

Please help me.

No log = no support. See the OP.

Just now, Dr.K Kerbal said:

What do you mean ' No log = so support. Some help :mad:

Without a log I have no way of knowing what the cause of your issue could be.
Logs tell a lot. If you cannot help me to help you then I'm sorry.

The OP contains instructions for how to report issues and how to get support.
If you cannot follow them, I can't help you. I don't have enough free spare time to spend trying to second guess what your problem might be.
EG: How did you install it? How do you know it is installed correctly?
Is the DLL and parts loading correction (log would tell).

And then there is this comment:

9 hours ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

The same thing happened with RPM. There are all the buttons but the monsters don't show up.

You say the same thing happened to you with RPM, that would indicate to me something is wrong with your install or other mod issues. but without a log, I have no way of knowing. The second sentence makes no sense to me.

I must admit I've not seen any mods that add monsters to KSP.  Especially deepfreeze.  Since I've included support for deepfreeze in ship manifest, I kind of know what I'm talking about. :)

With that said, JPLRepo, the author has gone out of his way to explain what is clearly posted in the "Original Post" (OP), about the need for logs, and even has included detailed instructions on where these logs can be found, on multiple platforms.  

I believe it is reasonable to expect a user of a given mod to read the "OP", and follow these beautifully well written instructions in order to help him support you. 

I believe that is SOME HELP INDEED.

I mean no disrespect, but it is of no help to say something is broke and provide no detail as to what, where,  when, why or how it is broke.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Grammer, spelling

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I can confirm that DeepFreeze is not adding "monsters" to my game. I am disappoint. Should I raise a issue on GitHub?:D

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

I must admit I've not seen any mods that add monsters to KSP.  Especially deepfreeze.  Since I've included support for deepfreeze in ship manifest, I kind of know what I'm talking about. :)

<snip>

So yes, I can confirm, DeepFreeze does not add "monsters" to the game.
I can also confirm that yes: DeepFreeze *does* 'subdue' the animations for Kerbals that are inside Cryopods. If you didn't know. It does this to stop the Kerbals waving their hands around and clipping through the cryopods. Bet you didn't know that. :cool:
I did play around last year some time with the idea of doing more than this with them (like when they are comatose if you use the more advanced settings - EC and temperature), but the challenge is that without the source Kerbal models and animations it's difficult. That being said, Kerbal Animation Suite has all the tools required to create animations. But it has some limitations, and one of those is that it currently does not work with the IVA Kerbal animations, which are completely different to how the EVA animations works (which it does support). I did do some work on getting it to work on IVA animations and did pass that info on. Then for a long time Kerbal Animation Suite kinda went into suspended animation - maybe it got DeepFreeze'd (sic). So I kind of dropped it altogether. But recently I see it got udpated again. So in *theory* it could be done. Making Kerbal monster animations. But that would take a lot of time, and unfortunately, I don't see it as a priority. If I had unlimited time, or if modding actually put food on the table for my family and paid the bills and mortgage then I'd be more than happy to. As it stands. I can't see 'monsters' in DeepFreeze any time soon. :P

9 hours ago, The Destroyer said:

Does DeepFreeze freeze USI LS values for home/habitation, or just supplies?

It doesn't Freeze USI LS supplies or home/habitation. What DeepFreeze does is Freeze the Kerbals. This in turn means USI LS stops consuming supplies for them, and stops tracking their home/habitation values. when a Kerbal is Thawed in DeepFreeze USI LS will begin consuming supplies for them again and reset their home/habitation values to the current game time and these clocks will start ticking again in USI LS.

7 minutes ago, Snoopy20111 said:

This mod looks fantastic. Too bad TAC LS isn't up to speed yet. Did TAC happen to give any kind of time frame for the fix?

No. I have submitted a fix on github for TAC LS. You would have to ask @danfarnsy that question on the TAC LS thread.

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2016 at 5:23 AM, JPLRepo said:

No. I have submitted a fix on github for TAC LS. You would have to ask @danfarnsy that question on the TAC LS thread.

@Snoopy 20111 and everyone else for that matter.
TAC LS has been updated to support DeepFreeze. You can get TAC LS V0.12.3 on the new thread here.

Edited by JPLRepo

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have any logs because prior i hadent crashed befor installing deepfreeze. so whats going on is i built a ship with the 3 freezer. i launched and saved and froze 3kerbals, and moved onto other things. when jumping back to it the ship flashes for a second and then the screen goes black, all the readings (altitude dissapear) and on kerbal engineer everything shows NAN, if i try to switch vessels the entire program crashes and i get a C++ error then a windows KSP64 has crashed. ive reloaded and warped foward and everything i switch to this craft it dose the same thing, ive checked the save file and everything is there until you jump to the craft.

The error says R6025 - pure virtual fucnction call. 

Up until this moment i was LOVING this mod

9 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

I dont have any logs because prior i hadent crashed befor installing deepfreeze. so whats going on is i built a ship with the 3 freezer. i launched and saved and froze 3kerbals, and moved onto other things. when jumping back to it the ship flashes for a second and then the screen goes black, all the readings (altitude dissapear) and on kerbal engineer everything shows NAN, if i try to switch vessels the entire program crashes and i get a C++ error then a windows KSP64 has crashed. ive reloaded and warped foward and everything i switch to this craft it dose the same thing, ive checked the save file and everything is there until you jump to the craft.

The error says R6025 - pure virtual fucnction call. 

Up until this moment i was LOVING this mod

Not a lot I can help you with there. No Log so I have no idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.