[1.8.1] ETT - Engineering Tech Tree - May 4, 2020

Probus

On 3/7/2017 at 11:32 AM, Probus said:

You didn't say please!

Pretty please with a cherry on top? ( And Bonus Marshmallows)

EDIT: I am needy, aren't i? i would please like to have kOS and SM Marine in this too.

EDIT 2: Kerbal Foundries would be great too.

EDIT 3: Far from Kerbin and OSE Workshop would be nice too.

EDIT 4: I know this is VERY excessive. Again, Please. I know this is your mod, and you have the right to do whatever you want with it. but i assume you're not a horrible person and will let input from others, as well as allowing them do stuff with your shiny toys.*cough* Kethane *cough*

Edited by MysterySloth

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Was wondering if this could be done before Sunday, I'm starting to stream then and will need this mod in ETT

thanks

I will try @linuxgurugamer.  Goodness knows you've done enough mods.  I use most of them.  Thanks!

I will try to get to the other ones requested too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have been out of the game for almost three years and coming back now, so I might very well doing something very wrong.

I'm trying to install this techtree, but when I select the techtree at the beginning of the game, I'm still presented with the one I had before, CTT. I have tried removing all the ModuleManager files from gamedata and uninstalling CTT, but I couldn't solve it yet.

Is there any step I'm missing, or a conflict somewhere?

Thanks!

[EDIT]: Please forget about this. CKAN wasn't uninstalling CTT correctly. Manually removing it solved the issue!!!

Edited by Dielos

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

For my game in 6.4x scale (Galileo Planet Mod) I looked at the file "ETT_Procedural_Parts.cfg". Some points seem a bit off.

This makes no sense:

@PART[proceduralTankLiquid]
{
    @MODULE[ProceduralPart]
    {

@TECHLIMIT[veryHeavyRocketry]
        {
            @name = veryHeavyRocketry
        }    

@TECHLIMIT[advFuelSystems]
        {
            @name = advFuelSystems
        }

I have literally never used git and can't figure out how to start a new 'pull request' whatever that is

anyway I worked on tech configs for Airplane Plus, it's here.  No idea if I did it right, at least my game is set up OK, maybe it can help everyone else too

I'm also looking to work on RoverDude's Malemute rover and Otter submarine packs.  I see some CTT tech definitions included with those but it's all unplaced or weirdly placed for ETT.  If someone could school me on the right way to start that would be awesome.

Edited by fourfa

@Probus

I'm getting ready to release revivals of 4 different part mods:

• BOMPs - Similar to probe cores, but prettier
  • Kurrikane - Science probe, droppable from vessels
  • Mk2.5 Spaceplane parts 
  • ZZZ-Radio Telescope

What needs to be done to get them into the ETT?  I'm most interested in the Kurrikane, since I'm thinking of using it in my career stream, but all of them, eventually.

On 3/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
On 3/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Please, could you add FTL Drive Continued? ( http://spacedock.info/mod/835)

Was wondering if this could be done before Sunday, I'm starting to stream then and will need this mod in ETT

thanks

I was wondering why the ftl parts weren't there, and found that you had changed the version number format on Spacedock (you seem to sometimes have a "v" in front and sometimes not)

Fixing CKAN for this now

Edit:  CKAN is fixed and updated

Edited by linuxgurugamer

In my very mod heavy game I miss some parts in the tech tree. Here is one example:

According to ETT and MM cache file "mediumDishAntenna" should be in node "microwavePowerTransmission". But that node is completely empty. In the MM cache I found this:

TechRequired = precisionEngineering - same as in the original squad file of that antenna.

If I start a new game, then that tech node still is empty.

As far as noticed - many antenna are missplaced.

Did anyone encountered empty nodes and missplaced parts before?

3 hours ago, Probus said:

I've tried to call out the upgrade node in a config file.  Like with mechjeb.  If I remember correctly, we weren't 100% successful.

ok.

I'm going to be releasing a couple of parts mods in the next day or so,I'll let you know so you can add them to the ETT.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

So I installed this on a clean install of KSP, selected ETT for my tech tree when starting a new career mode, and when I pull up the research center, I get two tech trees on top of each other, making it virtually unusable. Help?tbFLC7.png

Try starting a new career and see if the problem persists. Usually this happens when the tree is loaded over a tree already there. Let me know if that doesn't work. 

8 minutes ago, Probus said:

Try starting a new career and see if the problem persists. Usually this happens when the tree is loaded over a tree already there. Let me know if that doesn't work. 

This was a new career. It was a clean install of ksp to use galileo's planet pack.

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

How?

In main KSP folder (where ksp.exe located) delete file PartDatabase.cfg.

In /GameData folder delete 4 files: ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.Physics and ModuleManager.TechTree.

Then start KSP as usual, these files will be regenerated.

4 hours ago, Dep said:

In main KSP folder (where ksp.exe located) delete file PartDatabase.cfg.

In /GameData folder delete 4 files: ModuleManager.ConfigCacheModuleManager.ConfigSHAModuleManager.Physics and ModuleManager.TechTree.

Then start KSP as usual, these files will be regenerated.

didn't work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.