[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

Just tested the mod, beautiful planets and stars I must admit but I also encounter a lot of errors, mostly texture and some physics issues

- Pandora up close when I try to land seems to miss the texture ( I can see through the planet and it's molten core, which is cool but not suppose to be) now I see that you have posted a pic up close of Pandora so I am fairly certain that the issue comes from not replacing Kopernicus Config and maybe the dll with the ones that You supplied as it would conflict with OPM and some other mods.

- The problem that troubles me most is that I can't establish a stable orbit on most planets (using HyperEdit of course) and I do not think that Hyper edit would cause this issue

- I discovered similar texture issues on .... what was the name Valko I believe up close only.

I will continue to check and try the rest of the planets and stars, but if You can give any advice on a fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers love the planets though.

Interesting mod. The delta-v to the other stars is really high, but still doable. The same with the flight time.

The navball is spinning strange in interstellar orbit, but I guess this is because of precision problems of KSP itself.

In a galaxy the stars are on a bit more chaotic trajectories and not so well ordered as in this mod. Perhaps it would be nice if some of the stars would have at least more elliptical orbits. But one should keep the delta-v in mind there.

Nice work, fair comprimise of sizes as far as I have seen. I have not reached another system yet (1h on highest time warp left).

Here is a idea, Since the relative velocities between nearby stars are so low IRL meaning you can just aim at the star and burn, to emulate that in ksp you should reduce the black holes gravity to a very small fraction.

If I reduce black hole's gravity, black hole will be not realistic.

Edited by Artyomka15

If I reduce black hole's gravity, black hole will be not realistic.

In intergalactic space as long as the mass is higher than the orbiting stars you can have it lower too. The other option would be to extend the stars orbits a lot outward but that wouldnt be very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Wow, this mod looks great, seems far more stable than a non-Kopernicus one that made the rounds some months ago. I'm excited to see even more of the visual glitches fixed in the future.

I'm still having a bit of a problem with solar panels; in LKO, I'm getting direct sunlight but no apparent energy flow or waste heat (using KSPI-E), something I suspect is due to the black hole being interpreted as Kerbol for electricity generation purposes. I think this was brought up earlier in the thread.

Any known fixes for this issue, either from this or the Kopernicus discussion?

New version will be released very soon...

Features:

Added descriptions to all planets

Added K+ compatibility patch

Added new moon for Ryla

Is it possible you could add a rogue planet on the edge of the galaxy with an eccentric orbit and a very spooky look, Completely pitch blakc with glowing blue cloud layers and a green haze at sea level, Complete with science messages that tell you that this is not the place to be.

Wait, wait, wait... you've made a blue gas giant called Isus?

It seems that you've taken a liking to my idea, there :) I'm not complaining, but a little heads-up about you using it would've been nice :wink:

Just be aware that if I do ever make a planet pack of my own (and I will at some point), I will be creating Isus myself.

(Of course, if this is all just some big coincidence, then feel free to ignore me :P)

You've done some pretty decent work on this mod, for the record :)

May I suggest that, sense the point of this mod is focusing on interstellar travel,moving some of the stock planets to other stars mixed with modded planets to? For example, you could have kerbin, mun, duna, ike, and eve as the smaller kerbol system. Enough for players with career to unlock high tech propulsion for what ever mods to move on, but also keeping the stock system small so we can distribute the remaining planets. Not only will this cut down on the amount of new planets to add (Wich will still be a main focus) and balance the kerbol system to match others (in the number of planets). This could also be done with compatible mods. Ex: If opm was compatible (Im not sure) The gas giants could be distributed around different systems, and its bigger moons acting as dwarf planets. That's my 2 cents, and this mod is looking great! Good luck on development!

Hows it going? btw no need to add a lot of planets but you should add an absolute crap ton of stars, Planet formation may be common but most stars dont keep there planets (Usually thrown into the star or thrown out of the system) so to add the overwhelming sense of size that a galaxy has just add a tone of planetless stars with different colors, Plus i would reccomend you bundle my intergalactic skybox into the pack since its most suited to a game where the galaxy has visitable stars. (Not to toot my own horn but it is the best skybox for this new environment.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.