[1.1.2]Antennas-Additional Antennas for Remote Tech, Telemachus and Antenna Range[v1.4][12 May 16]

DTPhantom

zXlcwmi.jpg

wyprg06l.jpg

This mod adds six new antennas to the game that are compatible with both Remote Tech and Telemachus. The compatibility is provided through module manger so if you don't use RT or Telemachus just delete the patches and the antennas will still work in a stock game.

Includes the following new antennas:

H1X Helical Antenna which is a directional antenna with a 35 degree angle and a range of 70Mm

YA6 Yagi Antenna which is a directional antenna with a range of 40Gm and a 0.1 degree angle perfect for covering the inner solar system

V17-7 Scimitar Antenna which is an Omni antenna with a 300Km range and based off the Scimitar antennas flown on the Apollo command module

Q4-4 Quad Helix which is an Omni Antenna with a 100Km range, but unlocked on start and primarily designed to provide a Telemachus Link early in the game

LA-7 Log Periodic Antenna which is a directional antenna with a range of 50Mm and a 60 degree angle

HU6s-125 Twin Loop is an omni antenna designed to wrap around your 1.25m ship and provide 1Mn of range

This is my first attempt at making a mod so please feel free to provide any feedback you've got.

Now includes patches for Antenna Range.

Download here: http://spacedock.info/mod/98/Antennas

Requires Module Manager for Remote Tech and Telemachus functionality.

License: CC-BY-SA-NC 4.0

V1.0

-- Intial release

V1.1

-- fixed typos in Telemachus module manager patches

V1.2 (27 Oct 15)

• Renamed yagi antenna to log periodic to more accurately represent what it is.
  • Fix node attach rules for antennas, they should attach the right direction now.
  • Added patches for Antenna Range compatibility
  • Added 2 new antennas
    • An actual yagi-antenna that has 40Gm of range, perfect for covering the inner solar system from Kerbin
    • A wrap around omni antenna for 1.25m parts.

V1.3 (16 Feb 16)

* Fixed Antenna Range file for Scimitar antenna

* Uploaded the mod to Curse with the shutdown of KerbalStuff

V1.4 (12 May 16)

* Fixed configs to stop breaking Antenna Range

Edited by DTPhantom
updated mod

Nice work! I can never have enough antenna types to pepper my stations with, as it makes them look more purposeful.

Thanks, your mod is why I decided to make these antennas.

These are the most kerbal antennas I've ever seen! Great (and Hilariously great) work!

Thank you

Here here! I agree. their can never be enough antennas in game.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Nice looking. But aren't helix parts vertex-heavy?

I don't know, like I said this is my first mod. How many vertex should there be? I made them as simple as i could and still get decent looks.

Bug report: TM configs have :FOR[RemoteTech].

Good catch, not sure how I missed that. I'll fix it and upload a new version when I get a chance. However it shouldn't effect the functionality of the Telemachus parts.

Edit: the new version is up.

Edited by DTPhantom

I like these antennas, and I also like Antenna Range. So I made a config for module manager. Here you go!

@PART[yagiAntenna]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
{
@name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
nominalRange = 50000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceContainer

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[vhfBlade]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
%MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]

name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
nominalRange = 300000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[helixAntenna]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 70000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[quadHelix]:NEEDS[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 100000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

Edited by BigFatStupidHead
Changed FOR to NEEDS. Untested.

Why are they dishes in RT? They all seem like omnies. Also, RT configs usually delete module DataTransmitter, I think there is a reason for that.

The helical and the yagi are both directional antennas in real life so I made them directional in the game. The reason they're labeled as dishes is because remote tech only categorizes antennas as omni or dish.

I'll look at the removing if the DataTransmitter module, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I like these antennas,and I also like Antenna Range. So I made a config for module manager. Here you go!

@PART[yagiAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 50000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[vhfBlade]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{

nominalRange = 300000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[helixAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 70000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[quadHelix]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 100000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

Thanks! That's awesome, I'll include a link in the first post so anyone can find this patch.

• 3 months later...

I like this mod, and I'm also switching from RemoteTech to AntennaRange.

So I created a patch mod, which will install this patch along with the Antennas mod when you use CKAN.

You can get it here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1191/AntennaRangePatch4Antennas

It's been submitted to CKAN, so that will be available soon.

If you decide to include this patch in the main release, I'll depreciate this.

LGG

I like these antennas,and I also like Antenna Range. So I made a config for module manager. Here you go!

@PART[yagiAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 50000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
{

nominalRange = 300000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[helixAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 70000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}
@PART[quadHelix]:FOR[AntennaRange]
{
{
nominalRange = 100000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}
}

• 4 weeks later...
I like this mod, and I'm also switching from RemoteTech to AntennaRange.

So I created a patch mod, which will install this patch along with the Antennas mod when you use CKAN.

You can get it here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1191/AntennaRangePatch4Antennas

It's been submitted to CKAN, so that will be available soon.

If you decide to include this patch in the main release, I'll depreciate this.

LGG

I'm glad you're enjoying them. In the update I just pushed I've included patches for Antenna Range including for the 2 new antennas. I don't use AR so if you have any problems let me know.

Hey Phantom! I didn't realize you were still active on the forums. I saw some of your antenna designs and liked them so much I remade them in my style. Just wanted to say thanks! You're credited in the cfgs for the inspiration. :3

The more antennas the better. I only made mine cause I was sick of the dishes and wanted something different.

The more antennas the better. I only made mine cause I was sick of the dishes and wanted something different.

Yup... The first thing i thought of needing these for when I 1st saw your mod, was for SSTOs...

The only stock antenna that remotely looks reallisticaly aerodynamic, stuck to the body of an SSTO (or even atmo-craft), is the DP-10, which has nothing for range... And the dishes are too big to stick inside a cargo bay...

What I had been doing, was taking the folding Fustek Telemachus antenna, and duplicating it for RT comm use, and mounting that on a wall in cargo bays...Now your antennas work inside cargo bays, and service modules without taking up tons of room, or looking ridiculous... :D

Yup... The first thing i thought of needing these for when I 1st saw your mod, was for SSTOs...

The only stock antenna that remotely looks reallisticaly aerodynamic, stuck to the body of an SSTO (or even atmo-craft), is the DP-10, which has nothing for range... And the dishes are too big to stick inside a cargo bay...

What I had been doing, was taking the folding Fustek Telemachus antenna, and duplicating it for RT comm use, and mounting that on a wall in cargo bays...Now your antennas work inside cargo bays, and service modules without taking up tons of room, or looking ridiculous... :D

Glad you're enjoying them. Have you seen the new wrap around antenna in the new release? It might be perfect for Mk1 SSTOs, and I plan to make more like them. The only problem is my mod hasn't shown up as updated in ckan even though it's been updated on kerbalstuff for a week or so.

Glad you're enjoying them. Have you seen the new wrap around antenna in the new release? It might be perfect for Mk1 SSTOs, and I plan to make more like them. The only problem is my mod hasn't shown up as updated in ckan even though it's been updated on kerbalstuff for a week or so.

Oooh I really like that antenna!

Yes!...The 2 new ones are sweet...Please keep hosting on KerbalStuff...I cant access CKAN, due to I am blocked to the github domain... :( There are lots of mods I cant use because they are ONLY on github... :(

• 3 weeks later...
Absolutely loving these antennas - they're perfect in my Antennarange+SETI career mode save.

I did notice one small issue, the antennarange patch for the vhfBlade is missing a { and an @, meaning that the nominalrange info doesn't show up on rightclick in the editor (I have no idea how this would affect functionality)

I added the bolded brace and @ in red below to the file AR_vhfBlade.cfg and fixed it as follows:

[QUOTE]
{
[COLOR=#ff0000][B] {[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]@[/COLOR][/B]name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
nominalRange = 300000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
}

MODULE
{

dataIsCollectable = true
dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
}

[/QUOTE]

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2015 at 2:44 PM, A9p said:

Absolutely loving these antennas - they're perfect in my Antennarange+SETI career mode save.

I did notice one small issue, the antennarange patch for the vhfBlade is missing a { and an @, meaning that the nominalrange info doesn't show up on rightclick in the editor (I have no idea how this would affect functionality)

I added the bolded brace and @ in red below to the file AR_vhfBlade.cfg and fixed it as follows:

{

{

nominalRange = 300000

maxPowerFactor = 8

maxDataFactor = 4

}

MODULE

{

dataIsCollectable = true

dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2

}

Thank you for noticing that.  I don't play with Antenna Range so it's not something I picked up.  I've updated it in the new version that is now on Curse.

Edited by DTPhantom

I've uploaded my mod to Curse since KerbalStuff has shut down.  I don't know about CKAN I'll try to figure it out.  Additionally I fixed the error for the Scimitar in the AntennaRange config.  I haven't added any new content and probably won't for a while, I've started back in school and have a full time job so time is limited. But when I get a break I will try to get some more new antennas out, and maybe finally figure out how to animate them so they're more interesting.

When I downloaded your mod, I saw that there were multiple MM files in each part folder. I went and cleaned it up a bit by removing all patch files in each folder and put them into their own folder, and allocating one file for each mod that needed it's own config to properly work with it's intended mod. Basically, reduced the number of files, and tidied things up quite a bit.

I did this for my personal installation, but if you want, you can use them if you'd like. Here's the link where you can download and check out what I did. In that file, I also reduced the textures from 1024x1024 to 512x512 for everything as the models + textures aren't that detailed. All in all, the mod size went from 10Mb's down to 3Mb's.

If you would like me to remove the download link, just shoot me a message. I primarily linked it so you could check out the patches to see if you wanted to use them so as to clean things up a bit.

Have a nice day!

Edited by FiiZzioN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.