[1.7.3] Science - Full reward!

maculator

Science - Full reward! Now finally up and running in 1.7.3! Ground experiments from Making History are excluded and will function normally again!

What it does:

• Some experiments require you to do them multiple times at the same location to max out your science gain.
  • If you, like me, don't want to do it this way this mod is for you. It just makes you get the 100% science-reward the first time you do the experiment.

But only if you recover it. This mod does not get rid of the penalty for transmitting data, it only affects the execution of an experiment.

Here is what it does "in action"; Fresh game, first time on the launchpad, full green bar:xN7DxzK.png

Needs: Modulemanager

Download/Source:
Download from Spacedock

Source on Github

Thanks to @Malah and the guys from the ckan IRC it is now in the repository, thanks alot.

Edited by maculator
Updated for 1.7.3

Alright, I found the mistake. Im sorry but i have literally no experience in anything related to modding.

Just a little trivia: It took me 3h to throw those ~50 word of coding together. i looked into other MM configs and did it the bruteforce style. But since it is so small there shouldnt be much space for further faults.

By the way i got a number wrong that was all...

Edited by maculator
googled "synonym for mistake"

Good idea. In theory the idea of being able to do experiments multiple times in a single biome makes sense, until you realize that many people will want 100% of the science or else feel like they left stuff behind. This is a great way of making sure that doesn't happen.

since you are using the variable thing with MM now, could you just write:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:
{
%baseValue = #$scienceCap$
}

Then your patch would hit all the non-stock stuff also.

What a good idea. It also bugged me that you sometimes have to make multiple trips for the same info.

I suspect I know the answer to this question, but I shall ask anyway: Does this mod work retroactively for experiments I have run, or will it only affect new ones?

I suspect I know the answer to this question, but I shall ask anyway: Does this mod work retroactively for experiments I have run, or will it only affect new ones?

I suspect that you suspectet correct in the first place :( it only changes the general values while doing an experiment. Whats done is not affected

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.