Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 patch is now available!

SQUAD

<figure data-orig-width="480" data-orig-height="68" class="tmblr-full">tumblr_inline_nqenx4PM6Q1rr2wit_540.png</figure>Hello everyone!

We’ve just released a small patch to resolve an issue some users were having with craft in saves created in KSP 1.0.3 that were not loading properly, and became uncontrollable.

If you were not experiencing this issue you won’t need to update to 1.0.4, though Steam users will see this update applied automatically. The patch is now available on Steam and through our website, with other services

following shortly.

Thank you guys for quickly and adequatly reporting this bug, and a special thank you goes out to _ayli_ for providing a workaround in the mean time, which also helped us narrow down the cause of the bug a bit quicker.

Edited by KasperVld

Seriously?

You need to get this release-fever under control if you're going to PS4 guys. DVDs are expensive to stamp out you know :D

- - - Updated - - -

Weirdness, the download just finished and my Chrome browser blocked the download saying it is "malicious". I don't ever recall this happening with any other download.

I told Chrome to go to hell and ran Norton AV on it and it said the file was fine.

What's going on guys?

Edited by wossname
One word wasn't enough

Glad you got the same wossname - I just got a new DL from Steam as well and now on V1.0.4.861 with no release notes or any other notification what has been updated?

- - - Updated - - -

TST and Universal Storage that have been updated are now saying not compatible with 1.04?

from the readme file....

ChangeLog:

=================================== v1.0.4 ============================================================

Bug Fixes:

* Hot-Fixed an issue where loading vessels equipped with heatshields from pre-1.0.3 saves would cause the game to crash.

=================================== v1.0.3 ============================================================

Squad's release fever is because they cant have game-breaking bugs anymore.

I'd say it's because they didn't think to load an old game with something exotic, like a capsule with a heat shield on it. :)

It just broke my game :( i was making an asset and i load my game and it told me : Parts missing... and when i go into the VAB, i have no parts (even squad ones !)

I don't know what to do :(

Did you remove everything from the \Gamedata\ folder? You should have a folder called "Squad" in there still, if it's missing then please redownload the game (or check the validity of files in Steam).

Did you remove everything from the \Gamedata\ folder? You should have a folder called "Squad" in there still, if it's missing then please redownload the game (or check the validity of files in Steam).

I didn't move/delete something in my gamefolder, the last thing i did before updating was editing my cfg files from my asset. I did the check from steam too and did nothinh so i'm reinstalling the game so i'll see.

It just broke my game :( i was making an asset and i load my game and it told me : Parts missing... and when i go into the VAB, i have no parts (even squad ones !)

I don't know what to do :(

I had a problem that sounds like this. I had changed a mod after last using an old save.

I couldn't select parts in VAB. Parts categories buttons were partially displayed, and not functional. Not fixed by restarting KSP.

Was fixed for me, by exiting KSP, and starting a new game. All the parts and buttons were working.

Then I reloaded my older career game, and all the parts and VAB buttons were working again.

I don't know if this will fix it for you, just relating my experience.

I do apologise folks, can't see anything in the announcements forum, mods please feel free to point and laugh at my oversight and (pretty please) point me in the right direction.

... But did just notice a KSP update, and indeed I'm showing a 1.0.4 version in KSP - can any kind soul point me to the patch notes for this one?

(edit: 1.0.4.861 to be precise)

How did you guys miss that bug?

I agree though, you guys need to slow down and examine everything you possibly can.

Props to SQUAD fixing it quickly though.

Edit: Oh, this got sent to announcements, moving post to the release thread.

Edit2: Waaiit, there is no release thread for 1.0.4......

Edit3: Oh that was a thread merge apparently.

Edited by smjjames

Well for some reason I'm now getting a lot worse performance. On an install that used to run a 49 part aircraft as well as a 39 part CVE at the same time fine now my FPS is at levels that are unplayable.. I'm a bit annoyed at this as I also had to do the trick of making a new save and going back to the old one due to a bug that made the buildings unclickable and derped up the KSC camera. (Note: I am running OpenGL mode with many mods, but this FPS drop is completely new as I've had this install since 1.0.2). GG Squad, GG.

EDIT1: Heck even the editors are laggy. (I have 8GB of RAM and a 2.40 GHz processor so this isn't hardware side, because it worked fine before).

Edited by mike9606

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.