Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 patch is now available!

SQUAD

Thanks guys but are we just beta testers for the PS4 community? It is starting to feel like that.

How many times after 'full release' will we be forced to rebuild our craft?

It really seems that the beta has finally gotten into full swing. We have feature completeness and now the balancing is being done...

No, though some designs may under-perform or over-perform in the atmosphere and will need tweaking to work as you want them. Craft that are already in space will continue to work just fine.

Most mods have been brought up-to-date, but some are still lagging - you need to check the release threads for each mod you use!

No, though some designs may under-perform or over-perform in the atmosphere and will need tweaking to work as you want them. Craft that are already in space will continue to work just fine.

Most mods have been brought up-to-date, but some are still lagging - you need to check the release threads for each mod you use!

Thank you ;)

I worked a lot for a little Munar orbital station, I wanted to be sure it wasn't going to randomly have a rapid unscheduled disassembly

I sure hope that the 1.1 vs that is planed as next release would be better I gave up on 1.0.4 as it has to many issues (for me personally, I never encounter such a unstable update when it comes to mod compatibility) and will keep playing 1.0.2 till something is done.

1.0.4 fixed a specific bug involving saved games that affected 1.0.3

There are changes to aerodynamics and heating that came in for 1.0.3 which means re-entry needs caution.

Back up your "saves" folder

You can also make a copy of the specific sub-folder with a particular game. If you saved your Squad with the name "Fred" everything is in a folder named "Fred". I have not seen any sign of any of the name/description fields at the beginning of "persistent.sfs" mattering. I have two distinct games with different folder names, and it is the folder names which are displayed when you select a Squad at the start.

I know that different operating systems make a compressed file from a folder in different ways. Windows still can use a .bat file, whiich is a crude form of Unix shell script, and you could have a desktop link to that file which would back up the saves and then run KSP. But it gets a bit hairy if you want to make a compressed file in Windows, using just the Windows compression code.. Rocket Science is easier.

I sure hope that the 1.1 vs that is planed as next release would be better I gave up on 1.0.4 as it has to many issues (for me personally, I never encounter such a unstable update when it comes to mod compatibility) and will keep playing 1.0.2 till something is done.

Those expectations are not realistic. Updates have frequently resulted in mod issues that have to be resolved by modders. It's just in the nature of updates.

1.1 is just as likely, if not more, to break mods.

Give it time, and modders will update their mods to maintain compatibility.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.