KSP Gets stuck on loading stock part, "Squad/Parts/engines/ionengine/ionengine/ionengine" ?

My problem is in the title, but whenever i try to load KSP, it gets hung on squad/parts/engines/ionengine/ionengine/ionengine. most of my mods are updated, and i know they work fine because if i delete the texture cache in Active Texture management, the game will load up fine but it takes a long while for ATM to re-make the texture cache, but when it does do that the game loads up fine, so i have to delete my texture cache all the time. most of my mods are updated to atleast 1.0, and some 1.0.2, and as said they work fine, and although this isnt a big bug, its annoying to have to delete the texture cache every time. i could give mod list if needed, so just ask if you want to see it.

Usually when KSP hangs on a part while loading it's because KSP hit its memory limit. No clue why deleting the cache changes things, but try moving one of your larger part mods to your desktop then delete your ATM cache and try starting KSP a couple times. Alternatively you could install a memory monitoring mod like GC Monitor or Sentinel and see if you're hitting the magical 3.8gb limit.

i fixed the ion engine part, but now i have the same problem with SXT, or stock extension. i can fix it by deleting its folder in the ATM texture cache folder, but it extends load time and i think it uses more ram when i do that. i think its because it uses the textures of the squad folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.