Change Name and Re-Classify from the tracking station

I so want the ability to rename and Re-Classify ships I control from the Tracking Station.

And the ability to Re-Classify things I don't control from from the tracking station as well.

Why well so many things I want to mark as debris after the fact or change its classification after I undock from a station.

Granted you can do that but you have to jump back into the ship, but every time you do that and it is one more loading screen for no reason.

And how about a Contract or mission category while we are at it.

Someplace to dump all those rescue missions or just a temp location to move ships we don't want to view at the moment.

We just need some more tools to help us organize the tracking of objects in space.

And no I don't want to destroy them I want to organize them.

Thanks in advance.

Clicking on the ship just jumps me to that ship it doesn't allow me to rename it from the tracking station.

Unless I am missing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute you can do it.

Click ship on left side the select the "i" icon on the right and click the orange bar with the name and you can change the name and classification.

Okay that is a interesting way to go about it, and how long have we been able to do that ?

And well this thread just became pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh some new categories would be nice even if they are marked as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 they have the room.

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2015 at 2:00 AM, Korizan said:

Click ship on left side the select the "i" icon on the right and click the orange bar with the name and you can change the name and classification.

Is it just me or is this no longer working? Is there a new/updated method for doing this in the tracking station?

I thought this was going to be about the fact that the "tracking station" should be renamed, "Mission Control," and "Mission Control" should be renamed into whatever it actually is (which is without question has nothing at all to do with mission control)

3 hours ago, tater said:

"Mission Control" should be renamed into whatever it actually is

"Administration Building", "Program Office", or "Contracts Office"?

Edited by razark

5 hours ago, DavidHunter said:

Is it just me or is this no longer working? Is there a new/updated method for doing this in the tracking station?

Works for me (1.2.2, haven't tried 1.2.9).  It's double-click, not single

Edited by fourfa

Working fine for me too.

It is however a really frikking n-intuitive thing that you won't guess and you have to get just right. I'd really like some small buttons next to each vessel in the list for rename/terminate, rather than the one terminate at the bottom.

10 hours ago, tater said:

I thought this was going to be about the fact that the "tracking station" should be renamed, "Mission Control," and "Mission Control" should be renamed into whatever it actually is (which is without question has nothing at all to do with mission control)

Business office?

Anyone else thinks that there is so many hidden features in this game, including this one, so it's starting to be annoying? I mean I just recently learned how to turn a Kerbal upside-down, now this. And I'm just after doing terrible task of renaming most of my ships (more than 60 of them, every single one I had to find, focus, rename, return to tracking station, repeat) I thought it was an actual suggestion thread, sure it was, and bam, it already exists for years.

@ topik

For rename in Tracking Station

Mark the Vehicle on the left side (no doubleclick)

Go right for Info menu doubleclick orange bar. Profit.

Works for me on every Vehicle(Debris too as example).

BUT i think you need Control if KerbNet is aktivated, like for maneuvringnodes.

Edited by Urses

This is awesome!!!

Its one of those annoying things a player wants, but its just not big enough to actually add a mod for it so we just live with it...but it was stock all this time! :confused:

We need a pinned thread with a tight list of all these hidden features, like:
- pressing tab in map view to switch focus of planets,
- using SAS auto-pointing while in surface mode follows the gravity vector, not the velocity vector. Surface radial-out results pointing straight up for Mun landings,
- align parts to grid in editor, switch to snap mode, use absolute mode, click the rotation gizmo and just wiggle on the part,
- ...? there must be more of these

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.