Go Stock! (Movement to integrate the asteroid day mod into stock)

Should the Asteroid mod be stock?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Asteroid mod be stock?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Other! Please post.

This is the official thread for the Go Stock! movement, which is based around making the parts in the official DLC asteroid day mod stock!

You can download it here: Asteroid Day

This is the second Squad official mod, the first being a football/soccer mod.

I don not think squad should release another hotfix with this mod included, but I think it should be included in 1.1.

Here's my reasoning for why it should be stock:

True, but for beginning players, installing a mod is not super easy (I speak from experience here), and it isn't a very big mod, plus, as Hobbes Novakoff says, if it was stock, we could design and share craft with it more easily than if it was a mod.

Of course, you could also say that, if you never built planes, plane parts should be released as a official mod, but some people would still want to build planes without having to install a mod.

If this was more frivolous, like the soccer/football mod, then it makes sense to have it as a mod, after all, how often is someone going to use a soccer ball?

So, in my opinion, whether something should be a official mod, or stock, is how often a player would use the parts. I could imagine a lot of uses for all the parts, and the new antenna, telescope, and contract would add more variety to career mode, so I think they should be stock, plus: If someone doesn't like the new parts, and feels like they should only be a mod, they could remove the parts.

Here's the official avatar:

MXZPyon.png?1

To show your support for this movement, you can put this code in your signatures:

[noparse]jbqhMGa.png[/noparse]

To get this:

jbqhMGa.png

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know about you but I don't want another 600mb download just yet, I'm happy to wait for the sentinel mods inclusion in 1.1

Same. Would like this in stock, but I can also wait.

Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but it seems silly to me not to include it in the stock.

That being said and keeping in mind that the patcher is (still) broken, I understand why it's not stock yet.

Go Stock!

What's the asteroid day mod?
Asteroid day mod? Huh?

It's a official squad mod, with parts and contracts to replicate the SENTINEL asteroid tracking mission.

I fully support this movement, but the curvy 'K' in the image's font bothers me so I won't add it to my signature.

Great, I'm going to make an avatar for this, too.

I so totally agree with this! I'd certainly wait for the next version update to have this.
Don't know about you but I don't want another 600mb download just yet, I'm happy to wait for the sentinel mods inclusion in 1.1

This movement is focused on making sure it is included in 1.1!

This is the kind of thing you can build with it:

RJPCYvU.png

Don't know about you but I don't want another 600mb download just yet

Are your DL's limited or something? I think I downloaded like 6GB worth of stuff yesterday... I should probably appreciate an unlimited fiber optic connection more.

Downloaded it, i consider it Stock for me :wink:. Cool parts, i think there is real gameplay advantage in it!

Thinking about a massive exploration campaign... where is my space shuttle? Get that telescope loaded and up with it!

I support this, the parts are nice and detailed (and useful!), Here's a Sentinel Replica I made: http://i.imgur.com/WHYymUU.png
Downloaded it, i consider it Stock for me :wink:. Cool parts, i think there is real gameplay advantage in it!

Thinking about a massive exploration campaign... where is my space shuttle? Get that telescope loaded and up with it!

Welcome aboard!

Go Stock!

- - - Updated - - -

Docking cameras.

Unfortunately, you cannot see the camera's POV.

Go Stock!

put it on kerbalstuff, I dont support that cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Docking cameras.

This being stock would be lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

While you're on the subject of making stock space telescopes, please make Dmagic's orbital telescope stock. It's genius.

I used Dmagic in my .90 playtime, very good stuff. would love to see it added.