Go Stock! (Movement to integrate the asteroid day mod into stock)

Should the Asteroid mod be stock?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Asteroid mod be stock?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Other! Please post.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the mission design seems to be very narrow, basically a more detailed "satelite"-mission contract with some (elsewhere useless) gadgets. I don´t see much sense in making parts stock which have a very limited purpose.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the mission design seems to be very narrow, basically a more detailed "satelite"-mission contract with some (elsewhere useless) gadgets. I don´t see much sense in making parts stock which have a very limited purpose.

I haven't played with it yet but a new probe core and solar panel seem pretty useful to me. I can live without the new antenna and new science doesn't really excite me (when you can clear the tech tree out without too much trouble already), but the other 2? Especially the panel? Sign me up.

A new antenna is great! It will give mods like AntennaRange far more options! :)

I think they will integrate the mod into stock later, but did not want to release a 1.0.5 just to coincide with the actual date.

Edit: Where did they put them in the tech-tree btw.?

Edited by KerbMav

I'd like to see it become integrated into stock rather than as a mod. But it was the right decision to do it as a mod, rather than as another update, now. That way there were no expectations of bug fixes etc. or fallout from another update so soon.

It just amazes me, the petty, trivial things people get worked up about. Stock or not stock? This is what you choose to spend your energy worrying about?

This may be a 'campaign' (for want of a better word) to get it integrated at some point, though I don't think anyone is particularly worked up about it. Unlike the 'confetti fairings' issue which was purely cosmetic and had no real impact on actual game play, unlike this.

Edit:

Yes I agree that stuff like U5 and bug fixes are far more important overall, but this relatively small mod especially for Asteroid Day makes perfect sense. And it would IMO be a good proper addition to stock in a future update.

I don't personally like threads that aim to 'pressurise' squad into implementing some or other feature even if it's a feature I really want to see. But it is important for us to express our wishes, likes and dislikes.

Edited by pandaman

Welcome aboard, all!

Myself I don't see much point in these "let's start a movement" threads. The thing I want squad to be doing is to move the game to Unity 5. Then I can add as many mods as I desire, also at that point adding more parts and contracts would not make the game even more unstable due to being even closer to the memory limit...

In the mean time, trying to drag their efforts this way and that will only result in the U5 version possibly being less polished and more buggy than it inevitably will be.

I agree with you, U5 is more important, but it shouldn't to be too hard to integrate it, since it's not like a 3rd party mod, which might not be up to the stock standards. (NOTE: I am not a Squad dev (Surprise, right?) so I don't know anything about how hard this would actually be.)

In my opinion, it's actually not a very narrow mod, I would use that large solar panel lots.

To address a issue which some people have brought up: No, I don't think that 1.0.5 should be released for this mod, I think 1.1 should have it included in it.

Also, I love KSP, and I love this mod. They are both great, and I don't think they should be changed a huge amount, but I think they should be together.

Go stock!

Yeah, I'm onboard. The soccer-ball as a mod made sense; it was silly and didn't really fit in with the game, other than for laughs. This fits in perfectly, and adds something nice to the core mechanics. Why not stock?

Wut is 8 round

the doughnut tank.

SQUAD was going to change it to xenongas storage but half the komunitty changed their avatars and signatures to fight the change.

One thing I do hope is that this will pave the way for a `fog of discovery` in the game where we have to send up telescopes to pin down the orbits of the planets in a career game.

One thing I do hope is that this will pave the way for a `fog of discovery` in the game where we have to send up telescopes to pin down the orbits of the planets in a career game.

I suggested this months and years ago. Nobody was interested at the time ;)

But I bet it would be a great feature.

In example, I am using a cloud mod for EVE and when you want to land a Probe on its surface, you have to map it first with SCANsat because you cant see any ground from Orbit, otherwise you might drown it in the ocean :)