[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Nils277,

It looks like the new airlocks are lacking CLS support. Also the Flexible Corridor.

Unrelated question: what's the difference between PlanetaryGreenhouse and ModuleResourceConverter?

Nils, i was going to launch decoupler size 3, both airlocks and fuel cell container at the same time and my computer blue screened XD

- - - Updated - - -

Updoot:

Its not end-airlock fault

I doubt that a simple part could cause that. :wink:

Can you reproduce that, or at leats KPS crashing when you do something with the parts? Do you have a log file from the crash?

Nils277,

It looks like the new airlocks are lacking CLS support. Also the Flexible Corridor.

Unrelated question: what's the difference between PlanetaryGreenhouse and ModuleResourceConverter?

Hmm, i forgot to add CLS support for the airlock. The flexible corridor does have CLS specified...weird i have to check that.

The difference is that the greenhouse only works when Kerbals are inside the part. e.g. it can work at max 50% speed when one Kerbal is in the part and at 100% when two are in the part.

It is also possible to set the speed of the conversion in the UI.

Edited by Nils277

Great job! It seems your dedication is comparable to the developers! Maybe they should take you on!

(Still hoping for a garage part at twice the height/size for a rover :)

Peace.

I think a garage will come. I'm not sure about its size yet.

One thing that would be nice is some OPM science defs.

Hmm..i don't know, there are so many mods out there with new planets. I fear that i will open pandoras box when adding science-defs for one planet-mod. :wink:

I will have to think about this....maybe for the most popular ones.

Update looks great!

Since you're close to release - do you plan to make the doors more standardized, since they all are kinda different?

http://i.imgur.com/ts9IU37.jpg

Jep, that is something on the list of things to do :wink: I should have paid more attention to them while adding :D

Edited by Nils277
added missing replies

So, i made a small bugfix update because the next big one will probably take a little longer.

Changelog:

Bug Fixes:

• Added missing CLS support for the airlocks
  • Fixed wrong CLS definition for the flexible corridor (KAS)
  • Fixed wrong KIS-Item definition for the flexible corridor

Downloads:

From Kerbalstuff

From Curse

The flexible corridor does work when it is used to connect two separate crafts. It does not seem to work when connecting two parts of the same craft. This however is also the case with the original flexible tube from MKS.

Edited by Nils277

Hi,

thanks for updating your mod,

you done an great job.

But I've to report an bug with CKAN,

the download link in CKAN is:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/991/Kerbal Planetary Base Systems/download/0.2.7

but on kerbalstuff.com it is:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/991/Kerbal Planetar Base Systems/download/v0.2.7b

I think, some letters sneaked away from the indexing.

Jep, that is something on the list of things to do :wink: I should have paid more attention to them while adding :D

Cool.

Other model-related feedback:

C4Bvzmv.jpg

Cupola:

1. Throttle handle clips into kerbal's boot

2. Stage lock thingie's on and off state seem to be wrong

3. Already posted about that, but RPM plane thingie seems out of place there :wink:

Hi,

thanks for updating your mod,

you done an great job.

But I've to report an bug with CKAN,

the download link in CKAN is:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/991/Kerbal Planetary Base Systems/download/0.2.7

but on kerbalstuff.com it is:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/991/Kerbal Planetar Base Systems/download/v0.2.7b

I think, some letters sneaked away from the indexing.

The update for CKAN is done automatically via KerbalStuff. I replaced v0.2.7 about 2 hours ago and CKAN needs a bit time until it is updated.

Just try it again in a few hours. :wink:

Cool.

Other model-related feedback:

http://i.imgur.com/C4Bvzmv.jpg

Cupola:

1. Throttle handle clips into kerbal's boot

2. Stage lock thingie's on and off state seem to be wrong

3. Already posted about that, but RPM plane thingie seems out of place there :wink:

Hmm...you are right, the plane thingy might be out of place, i have to think about that.

I'll will fix the other things you mentioned. Not sure about the stagelock thingie ...i have to look at the "stock" rpm configs to see if there is someting that needs to be done to make it work.

Is it just switched or does it not work at all?

Based on how advanced is currently PBS, any plan to release it officially? :)

I've to test today the update 2.7

As mentioned here, i plan to release this mod officially with the next big update. :wink:

Edited by Nils277

Oh i didn't saw it, thanks and good job :)

Really waiting for this 1.0 !

My biggest fear for v1.0.0 is that the version number will be confused with KSPs version number and ppl believe that it is not compatible with the newest KSP version :D

Makes sense. In this case, it might be better to call it 0.3.0 with official release.

If i'm right, Beale (who develops Tantares) increases from a digit an update that brings new parts (ex: 0.3.0, 0.4.0 ...), and uses sub-digits for bug corrections (0.3.1, 0.3.2).

Not sure about the stagelock thingie ...i have to look at the "stock" rpm configs to see if there is someting that needs to be done to make it work.

Is it just switched or does it not work at all?

I meant the rocker switch itself. Cap down - staging locked, cap up - staging unlocked. Currently it's just the opposite. Can this be changed?

Hmm..i don't know, there are so many mods out there with new planets. I fear that i will open pandoras box when adding science-defs for one planet-mod. :wink:

I will have to think about this....maybe for the most popular ones.

You could just make an optional DL for it.

PS: On habitat Mk3, in the def, well you might wanna read it:

"K&Ks first habitat module. It provides space for three kerbals. It is not as compfortable as the MK2 version but sufficient for smaller bases."

Just an extremely minor nitpick and an easy fix someone. But yeah, just thought I'd point it out. Also the Science defs have some errors. Still I don't expect you to release a hotfix correcting spelling errors.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: What new parts do you plan on adding?

Nils, can you add atach node to the other side of gangway airlock? It has perfect flat surface for a decoupler. I have it attached to the bottom of my craft now, just like the airlock on MAV in The Martian. Well, the craft itself IS MAV.

The point is that I can't attach the heatshield with decoupler. I've had same problem with one of my base modules as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is so you get what I mean:

WZuF2fX.png

You could just make an optional DL for it.

PS: On habitat Mk3, in the def, well you might wanna read it:

"K&Ks first habitat module. It provides space for three kerbals. It is not as compfortable as the MK2 version but sufficient for smaller bases."

Just an extremely minor nitpick and an easy fix someone. But yeah, just thought I'd point it out. Also the Science defs have some errors. Still I don't expect you to release a hotfix correcting spelling errors.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: What new parts do you plan on adding?

Thanks, i will look through the texts again and correct everything i find.

I will add some parts, which exactly is not decided yet, probably the most wanted i heard over the last weeks. E.g garage and drill.

I meant the rocker switch itself. Cap down - staging locked, cap up - staging unlocked. Currently it's just the opposite. Can this be changed?

Hmm you are right. I also think it should be the other way round. But i haven't seen a way yet to change that. Maybe when no way is found this could be asked in the RPM thread

Nils, can you add atach node to the other side of gangway airlock? It has perfect flat surface for a decoupler. I have it attached to the bottom of my craft now, just like the airlock on MAV in The Martian. Well, the craft itself IS MAV.

The point is that I can't attach the heatshield with decoupler. I've had same problem with one of my base modules as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is so you get what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/WZuF2fX.png

A good idea, i will add a mode to the part.

What was the problem you had with your base model?

A good idea, i will add a mode to the part.

What was the problem you had with your base model?

Same, module had airlock on the bottom, I mean the side that should be attached to rocket. Had to be creative to actually attach it.

By the way, craft above prints "hatch is obstructed" when I try to EVA out of airlock. Guess this is more or less stock behaviour, can anything be done?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so that is why this mod doesn't work for me.:D

Is it really not working for you?

Same, module had airlock on the bottom, I mean the side that should be attached to rocket. Had to be creative to actually attach it.

By the way, craft above prints "hatch is obstructed" when I try to EVA out of airlock. Guess this is more or less stock behaviour, can anything be done?

Maybe the collider for the hatch overlaps with one other part. Maybe it should be a little bit smaller.