Say Hello to the White Bar Group!

I see your point, but I think the way to let it die is to just let it fade. Some people may stay with rep hidden, but I think most people will give up. I suppose that I could stop maintaining it, but I don't think that makes sense.

I joined it for fun. Of course I'll go back to normal, but "today is not that day."

For anti-rep judgement! :D

If hiding rep didn't take you off the rep list it wouldn't be a problem. But it does. and then confusion.

Well... your rep is still your rep, right? The only possible confusion I can think of is in knowing where one 'ranks' relative to others in the Forum. I'll be the first to admit that this is something I've paid attention to. When my comic started taking off and I began accumulating a lot of rep, I would check to see if I had broken the top 100, or moved up a page in the rep-ordered user list, etc. Now that some of the really great and well-known members like RIC and Regex have taken themselves out of the running, I no longer know where I stand--and for me, that's been better!

Getting rep motivates me; when I post a page and that little tab lights up with a bunch of notifications, it tells me my work made people happy. When a page doesn't get repped, I know I need to work a little harder. And as I climbed the ranks I would look at the list and say "wow, I have more rep than [really great guy who I respect a lot]! I must be doing something right!" BUT--that way, for me, lies madness. I realized I was going the wrong way when I saw something cool another user had done, and just for a second hesitated clicking the star because it meant it would put that user further above me. Just for a second, mind you--but I did not at all like the way that attitude looked on me.

So, by messing up the reputation rank order, WBG has helped get me out of the mode of caring about OTHER people's rep, and back to just having fun in the game, sharing that fun on the Forum, and hopefully making other people's KSP experience more enjoyable.

White bar now as I feel the rep system is worthless and broken. Too many threads are giving away rep for nothing, making it meaningless. Just search for threads that have "rep" in the title, then look at the rep tabs of people's profiles who post in there and see for yourself.

The biggest rep fishing thread is this one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114309-How-Close-are-YOU-to-Your-Next-Reputation-Rank

The same people post every week or two and get rep for nothing.

White bar now as I feel the rep system is worthless and broken. Too many threads are giving away rep for nothing, making it meaningless. Just search for threads that have "rep" in the title, then look at the rep tabs of people's profiles who post in there and see for yourself.

The biggest rep fishing thread is this one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114309-How-Close-are-YOU-to-Your-Next-Reputation-Rank

The same people post every week or two and get rep for nothing.

Hello!

Well, my time is done with the White Bar Group. Thank you for the memories. :)

Goodbye!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...