[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Work continues on V1.3 of AmpYear which will be released once I get it all finished and working and KSP 1.1 is released.
A W.I.P. changelog (still not finished):

V1.3.0.0 KSP 1.1 Edition     
Added Stored EC and ReservePower to Dark-Side calculation window. (can be toggled on and off).     
If you have RemoteTech installed AmpYear functions will be disabled automatically if you have no connection or local control and restored when you do.
Total EC and ReserverPower on-board reported by AmpYear now respects the flowstate of the resource on each part, so if you turn off the flowstate little tick boxes in the Part right click menu they will not be reported by AmpYear.
Added support for Active Radiator, Enviro Sensor EC usage.
Added support for DeepFreeze (can't believe my mod didn't support another of my mods. This slipped through the cracks :))
Added support for KPBS and USI LS mods.
Fixed TAC LS GenericConverter rates to include the conversionRate variable.
New Solar Panel algorithm for editor (VAB/SPH). Ability to select different SOI for solar panel estimates.
Added GUI window and processing for Emergency Shutdown Procedure (ESP). 
You can now select which parts are automatically shutdown when the ESP is activated and set a  priority setting for each type.
There are three Priorities High, Medium and Low. All supported Parts are included in this list by default. 
If you are using mods like RemoteTech you probably want to change this setting for an antenna to ensure you keep your connection during Emergency power down, or not. 
By default when power is re-gained within the vessel and the ESP had shutdown parts, all parts that were previously active will be automatically re-activated by the system progressively by priority as power returns to the vessel. 
Currently the following parts are NOT supported by the ESP, simply because the mods or stock parts do not provide an ability for AmpYear to  turn them on or off.
ScienceLabs, the KAS winch and magnet.
For TAC LS and USI LS - ESP will not deactivate Life Support but will deactivate TACLS converter units.
Added the ability to Execute ESP processing manually (override button in the GUI) which will cause all parts to be shutdown regardless of their priority setting or the vessel's EC status.
Added ToolTips for all the GUI windows.
Added Settings config file items to the config file and window to control the ESP functions.
There are three new Settings to set the Percentage of Main Power that EPS will kick in for High, Medium and Low priority partmodules.
ESP processing will automatically Shutdown Or Restart part modules (that are tagged as include in ESP processing) when Main Power reaches these three settings.
Also in the Settings menu will be a list of all ESP supported partmodules. 
Here you can set the default setting for each module as to whether you want them included in ESP processing or not and their priority (High, Medium, Low) if you do set their Include in ESP setting on.
Added Alternate Resource Panel Icons for ReservePower and Teflon. Massive Re-Factor of a lot of the internal code and utilities (Code Housekeeping).
No longer requires AYInterfaces.dll or KKInterfaces.dll

Latest PIC:

Spoiler

l0n3He3.png

Edited by JPLRepo

Seeing how 1.1 has now been officially released, I need to get on with finishing the updates to this mod. I expect this will take me at least another week or two given how busy I am with real life and real work this week. Stay tuned.

Not spamming my own thread. But an update. Made a LOT of progress last 24 hours on updating AmpYear.
I have already split the ION RCS and PulsedPlasmaThruster RCS parts out of AmpYear and released them as a separate parts mod on this thread.
They work fine in 1.1 stand-alone and going forward will no longer be part of AmpYear (this mod). AmpYear will of course recognise them and process them correctly.
Some WIP Pics:

Spoiler

XdzeGms.png

Posted this one previously I think. New Settings window with Emergency Shutdown Procedure (ESP) settings.
Setting the values here for part modules will set their default values when you add them to vessels in the VAB. The radio button is whether they are included in ESP processing or not.
The 1,2,3 buttons indicates the Priority of the module. 1 = High, 2 = Medium, 3 = Low.
vpiw1pL.png

The VAB windows. Yeah there are a few of them, thinking of merging the Dark-Side and Solar Panel SOI windows.
Let's explain them:
The Solar Panel SOI window lets you set the Celestial Body you want AmpYear to use to estimate EC production for solar panels on your vessel (using a new algorithm). In previous versions it just used to use the MAX value for the part.
But now it estimates the EC production based on the distance from the Sun of the Celestial Body you select. Also to note, it recognises different Celestial Bodies and calculates their real distances if you are using Kopernicus and other planet mods.
The Dark-Bodies window is as before with a few small changes.
The Parts List I've been over in an earlier preview. The EC production changes for the solar panels based on the SOI window Celestial Body you select.
The buttons from left to right are:
C - Include in AmpYear calcs in the VAB or not. E - Include in ESP processing or not. 1,2,3 - The ESP priority. When added to a vessel the E,1,2,3 will be set to the default value that you have set for that module in the AmpYear settings menu.
You can change the settings here for each part/vessel and it will override the defaults. It also will save these settings to your saved craft files and persist the settings from the editor into flight mode. Once in flight mode you can also change these settings as well and they will persist for each vessel.

So glad to hear it and read all the tasty updates and plans you've got coming for us.  Great work as always and really looking forward to your latest release!

As a side note, looking at the Dark Side and Solar SOI windows I personally can't see any reason not to integrate them since the Solar SOI looks to be duplicated buttons with nothing more than selected body information provided that could be listed in a combined window.

Edited by rasta013

40 minutes ago, Ghosty141 said:

How is it going with the mod, playing Remote tech without your mod is hard :D 

Thanks for asking... and nobody else ask ok, otherwise you might be breaking the new forum rule.
It's coming along. Of course KSP 1.1.1 coming out the last 24 hours has delayed this mod somewhat.
But the good news is I am down to just one issue remaining: the New Emergency Shutdown Processing itself. It's a bit bugged. so I just have to find several hours to sit down and go through and debug it all and it should be ready for release.
I'm hoping I can get that done this weekend, but no promises. I'm going to stop tinkering with it and just finalise the ESP processing so it works. Refinement and any bugs I miss can be next version (EG. merging the SOI and Dark-side windows).

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Thanks for asking... and nobody else ask ok, otherwise you might be breaking the new forum rule.
It's coming along. Of course KSP 1.1.1 coming out the last 24 hours has delayed this mod somewhat.
But the good news is I am down to just one issue remaining: the New Emergency Shutdown Processing itself. It's a bit bugged. so I just have to find several hours to sit down and go through and debug it all and it should be ready for release.
I'm hoping I can get that done this weekend, but no promises. I'm going to stop tinkering with it and just finalise the ESP processing so it works. Refinement and any bugs I miss can be next version (EG. merging the SOI and Dark-side windows).

Thanks for clarification, I asked because of 1.1.1 and if that'd influence it, I hope you're ok with this (While I don't understand it, I'll respect it though).

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

OK, FINALLY. V 1.3 Published.

See the changelog, too many changes to list here.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

To be perfectly honest, this is one of those mods I hate doing without and have spent the last 10 days since 1.1 came out updating MM configs and building new ones without starting a new career because I was lacking this mod.  Thank you so much for everything you do @JPLRepo for this and all your other mods (most of which I use too). Great job!

KSP: 1.1.1230 Windows 64bit

Problem: AmpYear GUI not working while flying or in VAB, but DOES display the settings GUI in space center

Mods installed:

Amp Year 1.3.0

Module Manager  2.6.24

Reproduction steps:

I Simply fly a ship and click the green battery in the toolbar, but no GUI

Log:

Output_log

This screenshot shows the only button available for AmpYear. Clicking this button does nothing

Capture_zpsconc635l.png

Edited by Voodoo8648

Sorry to hit all your threads like this in such short order; I know you're working on getting some of your mods out of 1.0.5 land still, so throw these suggestions either out or at the bottom of the list:).

Some modules to consider adding and possible suggestions:

• What about ModuleGenerator?
  • Combine solar panels modules into one option (curved/regular)?
  • Combine Data Transmitters into one option? RemoteTech users aren't using regular DataTransmitters and regular DataTransmitter users aren't using RemoteTech:D
  • A lot of lights use AnimationGeneric (although I don't think that has a resource cost associated with it, so I guess it doesn't really matter then).
  • RWSaturatable module (saturatable reaction wheel mod)
  • Is it smart (i.e. pull from list of installed mods?) or did you have to add these manually? I'm guessing manually.
  • How are the average users supposed to know which module corresponds to which ingame item? You and I might know, but they might not. Maybe a tooltip or a descriptive text (resourceharvestor = drill).

Not sure what a NavLight is (or how it's different from a regular light). Is there anyway for users to add their own modules to the list (or remove some)?

I really like what you've done with this mod.:)

26 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

KSP: 1.1.1230 Windows 64bit

Problem: AmpYear GUI not working while flying or in VAB, but DOES display the settings GUI in space center

Mods installed:

Amp Year 1.3.0

Module Manager  2.6.24

Reproduction steps:

I Simply fly a ship and click the green battery in the toolbar, but no GUI

Log:

Output_log

I looked at your log, all I see is over and over:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.

I can't tell you why it's happening, only that it works for me in Linux. Also, you seem to have Debug mode on, which is probably what you should have on anyway for a log report, but will probably impact performance later.

Although...my KSP version is 1.1.2:1260 and your log actually says you're at [KSP Version]: 1.1.0.1230 (WindowsPlayer) (x64).

I suspect that's your problem. This is meant for 1.1.2 and you're on 1.1.0.

--edit--

Module manager 2.6.24 is for 1.1.2 as well I believe.

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I looked at your log, all I see is over and over:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.

I can't tell you why it's happening, only that it works for me in Linux. Also, you seem to have Debug mode on, which is probably what you should have on anyway for a log report, but will probably impact performance later.

Although...my KSP version is 1.1.2:1260 and your log actually says you're at [KSP Version]: 1.1.0.1230 (WindowsPlayer) (x64).

I suspect that's your problem. This is meant for 1.1.2 and you're on 1.1.0.

--edit--

Module manager 2.6.24 is for 1.1.2 as well I believe.

Yup. Won't work in 1.1.0

28 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry for the brevity before. Was on a train. Yes it won't work in 1.1.0 because squad changed the pop up msgs. Should probably work in 1.1.1, but I'd recommend just upgrade to 1.1.2. 

Edit: and yes @Deimos Rast you got it right. Good detective work.

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Sorry to hit all your threads like this in such short order; I know you're working on getting some of your mods out of 1.0.5 land still, so throw these suggestions either out or at the bottom of the list:).

Some modules to consider adding and possible suggestions:

• What about ModuleGenerator?
  • Combine solar panels modules into one option (curved/regular)?
  • Combine Data Transmitters into one option? RemoteTech users aren't using regular DataTransmitters and regular DataTransmitter users aren't using RemoteTech:D
  • A lot of lights use AnimationGeneric (although I don't think that has a resource cost associated with it, so I guess it doesn't really matter then).
  • RWSaturatable module (saturatable reaction wheel mod)
  • Is it smart (i.e. pull from list of installed mods?) or did you have to add these manually? I'm guessing manually.
  • How are the average users supposed to know which module corresponds to which ingame item? You and I might know, but they might not. Maybe a tooltip or a descriptive text (resourceharvestor = drill).

Not sure what a NavLight is (or how it's different from a regular light). Is there anyway for users to add their own modules to the list (or remove some)?

I really like what you've done with this mod.:)

Thanks for the suggestions. If you could put these into github issues register that would be great (just one entry). Otherwise j will lose track of it. I'll be circling back soon as I get Interstellar working again.

Edited by JPLRepo

6 hours ago, thunder175 said:

Just a very minor request. For the Dark Side calc altitude input box, could you expand the width to make it easier to read five digit numbers? I'm running Sigma Dimensions at 6.4x rescaling so my altitudes are much higher.

If you could put a github issue in I'll see to it (see link in OP). If you can't figure it out or don't know how to use it that's fine. It just helps me keep track of things, otherwise I might forget your request.

Edited by JPLRepo

Something I noticed, not sure if it's intended, but when I have the AmpYear window open in flight with the Subsystems submenu open, even with the SAS button unchecked, it continually tries to apply SAS (or at least I'm getting the error message that it's trying to but is unable to). I don't have SAS at the moment, so it can't.

If this is "unintended functionality" I can post a log.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.