[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

27 minutes ago, Kaboose said:

Ah no worries mate, good on you for keeping things going though. So just to check the issue is because I am running an older version of KSP?

Hmm I don't recall now... you could try 1.4.4.0 or 1.4.5.0 they were for KSP 1.2.2 (get the older versions from github).

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Hmm I don't recall now... you could try 1.4.4.0 or 1.4.5.0 they were for KSP 1.2.2 (get the older versions from github).

No luck I am afraid, it might be some horrendous conflict from one of my mods (maybe RemoteTech 2 or Kerbalism). Oh well, thanks for trying

1 hour ago, Kaboose said:

So I decided to run a test, now using KSP 1.3 and Ampyear version 1.4.9.0 with 0 other mods but still have the same no power produced issue. 

Again the output log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/zltlytte4oenesz/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is there some thing wrong with how I am using the plugin?

I'm not sure what your problem is? Your power is at 100% and so the solar panels are not producing any further power from looking at the picture everything looks correct.
Your vessel has a capacity of 10 EC units.

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I'm not sure what your problem is? Your power is at 100% and so the solar panels are not producing any further power from looking at the picture everything looks correct.
Your vessel has a capacity of 10 EC units.

Well I think I may be going crazy or have misunderstood something...because even if my craft is charging up the Ampyear keeps showing Power prod as 0.

You can see here the craft is recharging its batteries from 75% to 77% but I still get Power prod (total power prod of the vessel) as zero. It is my understanding that it should give me a dynamic number indicating how much EC I am generating in real time based off things like solar panels and RTGs, etc..but I have yet to find it to give me a non-zero output.

Edited by Kaboose

2 minutes ago, Kaboose said:

Well I think I may be going crazy or have misunderstood something...because even if my craft is charging up the Ampyear keeps showing Power prod as 0.

You can see here the craft is recharging its batteries from 75% but I still get Power prod (total power prod of the vessel) as zero. It is my understanding that it should give me a dynamic number indicating how much EC I am generating in real time based off things like solar panels and RTGs, etc..but I have yet to find it to give me a non-zero output.

works fine for me... Logs please.

1 hour ago, Kaboose said:

I see errors... nothing AmpYear.
I started up 1.2.2 with AmpYear 1.4.6 and it is working fine for me. I put a simple probe core with a few oxstats on it. and it shows producing EC.
Have you changed any of the settings for AmpYear from the default? does it show EC production in the editor for vessels?
You've tried without any mods at all? and removed everything except the squad folder from GameData? reinstalled AmpYear and tried again?
If you do that and still don't see any EC production can you go to the AmpYear settings at the KSC and turn on Debug Mode then launch a vessel and send a link for the log from that please.

I didn't change anything other than a few of the priorities in the Emergency Shutdown settings but I was still getting the 0 reading before I did this. I did a clean install to KSP 1.3 and ran only the latest AmpYear mod but it still didn't work (refer my third post on this page and its output log). 

In the VAB I can see power production if only the manager is selected.

The second I switch to the Dark-side and solar calcs it shows that I am producing nothing (which I assume makes sense since I dont have RTGs and not producing power on the darkness)

This again is at launch showing the batt recharging but still showing no production, also not that the Ampyear icon in the toolbar is red (dunno if that is relevant in any way or if it should be green).

As requested here is the output log using the debug mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcfso4x14tpce80/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Kaboose

One addition:

the red color used for text (also in other mods) has a bad contrast to the grey (blueish-greyish) background.

A lighter red or even a mid-to dark orange could be better.

A color chooser would even be better.

Using "normal" 1920x1080 resolution with 100% UI (on a 32" screen) and still badly readable.

Edit:

Edited by Gordon Dry

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

One addition:

the red color used for text (also in other mods) has a bad contrast to the grey (blueish-greyish) background.

A lighter red or even a mid-to dark orange could be better.

A color chooser would even be better.

Using "normal" 1920x1080 resolution with 100% UI (on a 32" screen) and still badly readable.

Edit:

you can change the color in the settings.

Just now, Gordon Dry said:

AY settings:
EC Producer Module Highlight Color
EC Consumer Module Highlight Color

Game settings:
nope

Where do you mean?

Oh you mean the text color in the UI? Feel free to submit a Pull request to add a color picker.
Or, raise a request on github.

I am getting a fair bit of this:

Spoiler

6/28/2017 4:39:55 PM,AmpYear,Failure in Part Processing

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

6/28/2017 4:39:55 PM,AmpYear,Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RSTUtils.Utilities.GetModResConverterStatus (.ModuleResourceConverter tmpRegRc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.ProcessModuleResourceConverter (System.String prtName, .Part currentPart, .PartModule module, Single KPBS, System.String mod_num) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.ProcessStockPartModule (.Part currentPart, .PartModule module, Boolean inhasAlternator, Boolean incurrentEngActive, Double inaltRate, System.Boolean& hasAlternator, System.Boolean& currentEngActive, System.Double& altRate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I am getting a fair bit of this:

Hide contents

6/28/2017 4:39:55 PM,AmpYear,Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RSTUtils.Utilities.GetModResConverterStatus (.ModuleResourceConverter tmpRegRc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.ProcessModuleResourceConverter (System.String prtName, .Part currentPart, .PartModule module, Single KPBS, System.String mod_num) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.ProcessStockPartModule (.Part currentPart, .PartModule module, Boolean inhasAlternator, Boolean incurrentEngActive, Double inaltRate, System.Boolean& hasAlternator, System.Boolean& currentEngActive, System.Double& altRate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AY.AYController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Doesn't help me much. Can you supply full log thanks.

I'm having trouble getting my craft to use the reserve power when the main power runs out. I am not isolating my reserve power either. It's a simple relay sat that runs out of charge from my command module on each dark side pass of Kerbin. I can always toss on a battery, but shouldn't my reserve power be getting used, or am I misunderstanding how this works?

1 hour ago, Jazzer360 said:

I'm having trouble getting my craft to use the reserve power when the main power runs out. I am not isolating my reserve power either. It's a simple relay sat that runs out of charge from my command module on each dark side pass of Kerbin. I can always toss on a battery, but shouldn't my reserve power be getting used, or am I misunderstanding how this works?

The reserve power only works on the active vessel.

[edit] for now.. I have plans to incorporate my new unloaded vessel resource processing (that I wrote for TAC LS) into this mod soon (tm)

Well that's good to know. I'll just toss on a battery and call it a day. Since I need power regardless of it being the active craft.

However, when I was trying to figure out why the reserve power wasn't being used, I did have my satellite as the active craft, so that's still a bit puzzling.

5 hours ago, Jazzer360 said:

Well that's good to know. I'll just toss on a battery and call it a day. Since I need power regardless of it being the active craft.

However, when I was trying to figure out why the reserve power wasn't being used, I did have my satellite as the active craft, so that's still a bit puzzling.

The active vessel should switch to reserve power automatically. If it's not a log (with debug switched on in the settings) would help me find a bug if there is one.

9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

The active vessel should switch to reserve power automatically.

Wait it should? That's never happened on one of my craft before. And now that I think about it doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of reserve power batteries? My understanding was that if I do accidentally run my main batteries flat I would always have that reserve power to transfer and give back control. If it just automatically uses the up the power in the reserve then whats the difference between having a reserve verses a normal battery...

My apologies if I've misunderstood the point of this mod, I will try and provide a log file later tonight.

2 hours ago, Skippy__ said:

Wait it should? That's never happened on one of my craft before. And now that I think about it doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of reserve power batteries? My understanding was that if I do accidentally run my main batteries flat I would always have that reserve power to transfer and give back control. If it just automatically uses the up the power in the reserve then whats the difference between having a reserve verses a normal battery...

My apologies if I've misunderstood the point of this mod, I will try and provide a log file later tonight.

Sorry.. haha. Maybe I've forgotten how my own mod works....
Disregard my crazy notion earlier. I should learn to not post before my morning coffee.

I am using the mod by @allista for his configurable containers.  He has a cryo cooling tank to prevent boil off of resources.  however it does not appear that ampyear is aware of the EC usage for his parts.  can we get those parts added to your supported part list?

11 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I am using the mod by @allista for his configurable containers.  He has a cryo cooling tank to prevent boil off of resources.  however it does not appear that ampyear is aware of the EC usage for his parts.  can we get those parts added to your supported part list?

That would be because it's a mod... not using stock modules.
Not to say it can't be added. But you know... my mods were written originally for my own entertainment.
Requests to add support for other mods always entertained.. but it comes down to free time and how hard it is on first assessment. As I have no idea what mod you are talking about. A link, a request on github goes a long way too (Because I am bound to forget if it's just left here on the forum).

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.