The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

Ah wait, I think I was wrong. Mort might be nice and cares about lives, but he sure isn't afraid to make... Illegal actions a little bit of a trade he has.... The adventure and ascent continues less violently, but can they get to the Mun? Can they get help if they can't?

Also, the views... It's over 9000 now! This mission is easily on the second page of the mission report for views, and soon we'll get up to 10K!

Also, here's a bit of a color code I set this time: Cyan-Scientist Light green-Engineer, Blue-Pilot, gold-Finace/Higher Up, Grey and such is Mission Control. Blue out line-> Intern, Red equals High ranking, Dark-red->Highest-up.
y5AIiTJ.pngnvg4mu0.pngLgL86q0.png

Yep... Rockomax is trying something fairly risky....

Edited by SaturnianBlue

I must ask, how does one archive a page again? Also, I'm planning on quite a bit of metaphors relating to the rocket builders in entry 3. (Now that I think if it, it's really weird how it's entry, makes no sense since it isn't first person, might as well call it an episode...)

The guys in space are drifting in LKO, but they want to get to the Mun... Sadly, electrical failures stall the mission's progress for now... Meanwhile, Val and Wernher take a trip into the skies for....?
Cyan-Scientist Guacamole green-Engineer/Rocket Scientist, Light Blue-Pilot, Blue-Commander. Blue out line-> Intern, Red equals High ranking, Dark-red->Highest-up.Xdk4uuN.pngF45BBTV.pngysg1cyA.pngaGUg2WO.png

I'm aware this one was a bit of a long one for a landing, but it isn't an easy one! :P
The next will intro Rockomax and some plans.....
Thanks for reading, rep if you enjoyed!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

The new forums are up! I've updated the 1 post so that it's much more relevant to the current parts of my novel, and more accurate/updated. Anyway, here's two pages for you all, I'll attempt a tri-weekly schedule from now, though that is somewhat optimistic.  Wernher and Val arrive at Rockomax's KSC 2 facilities. They meet Edball Kerman, excited to share a concept his lowly feeling company has...

Color codes-Dark red Top ranking official, red is high ranking official, and Light orange->Rockomax, Light green -> Rocket Scientist/Engineer. Blue Blue-> Commander.2GY5Xn0.pngkBGiKYV.pngSo yeah... You've been given a choice... Wernher's probe, or Rockomax's old space lab.... What do you think?

For anyone wondering, the KOL is in fact inspired by the Manned orbiting labratory, a real concept in the 1960s.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

I think i might have missed one or two of the above pages. Are you adding them to previously posted pages? That could become hard to keep track of :)

Anyway good work on this latest set--I really like the addition of the Rockomax character and a very original idea to make KSC2 their HQ.I do find Edball's speech hard to read though, you might want to use dark text on such a light background.

Regarding speech balloons--in my opinion, if you need to provide the reader a color reference chart, your system might be too complicated :) Any work should stand on its own without reference materials.

As to the choice of launch vehicle, obviously I would go with the higher risk crewed (Not manned. Val: "I am no man!" Jeb: "Uh... me either. I'm a Kerbal!") That gives you more storytelling possibilities.

39 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I think i might have missed one or two of the above pages. Are you adding them to previously posted pages? That could become hard to keep track of :)

Anyway good work on this latest set--I really like the addition of the Rockomax character and a very original idea to make KSC2 their HQ.I do find Edball's speech hard to read though, you might want to use dark text on such a light background.

Regarding speech balloons--in my opinion, if you need to provide the reader a color reference chart, your system might be too complicated :) Any work should stand on its own without reference materials.

As to the choice of launch vehicle, obviously I would go with the higher risk crewed (Not manned. Val: "I am no man!" Jeb: "Uh... me either. I'm a Kerbal!") That gives you more storytelling possibilities.

Ah, technically in the earlier entry Wernher and Val had a bumpy landing at KSC 2, so I suppose it goes from there. I'll probably go slightly darker with Edball's bubble color. The color chart isn't really necessary, as I try to keep the kerbals being like "Hey ~~~", and the edge isn't easy to find anyhow...

Edball was a choice I decided to make since a new character when it's needed helps, since I don't add too many kerbals in the mix. 

Also.... Shall we go with Edball? :)

On December 1, 2015 at 7:47:19 AM, Starhawk said:

Nice work.

Definitely go with Edball's design.  I think that gives more scope for storytelling.  It's hard to make stuff that's happening to a probe be as dramatic as stuff that happens to Kerbals.

Happy landings!

Ah ha! It seems the vote is decided in this installment, as each and every component of the spacecraft is revealed. Also included: The latest scans of the M:VP, but is it just Val, Wernher, and Edball staring at it??! 

Edball's text box color is darkened to Powerpoint Orange in this version.

tbSMUtV.pngehroODA.png5K8PssB.png

There you go! With the trio at Rockomax ready to get the rocket flying, and the boys at the KSC twiddling around, the episode is done! The next Installment is scheduled for Friday/Saturday, and we can hope triweekly schedules will return! :)

Also-The view tracker seems to be stuck, but I think the real view count is officially past 10,000 views! Thank you all, it was just supposed to be a little secondary project showing my progress deflecting asteroids for the summer while I made crafts, but now this is so much more, and getting to the second page for views and likes is simply amazing! I wish us another 10,000 too!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Thanks guys! I suppose with Edball making direct choices, I think I can write some canon stating he in fact is also the project director too. :) I somewhat find it interesting how Edball's interactions with Mort are rarely direct, yet have large effects on each other.

The next will probably be about the launch, for release hopefully tomorrow.

After delays including that of this laptop going for repairs, bad derpy rockets, the 4 page serial involving the Final Procedures To Countdown For Rockomax Launches is shown. While not really emphasized, the fact that Edball had to fire many employees while struggling with losing funds from the KSP is shown with a "Minimalist Cast" at Rockomax Mission Control. We also get to see the KSC reaction, and in fact, "Missile Launch Detected" is an actual notifification for kerbals at the KSC! 

Wernher is Light Blue Green, but has a portrait and dark red outline for the "bubbles" Val has Blue, Edball has Orange, both Mission Control Staff use green/Light Green. 

fprydKw.png6DND0n4.pnger49rr2.pngLlPpKnK.pngThere we go! A much less opposed launch, but an surprisingly all good liftoff doesn't mean something problematic won't happen....

Edited by SaturnianBlue

It's time for Series 5 Episode 7 (Yes, they were called Entries, now episodes!) as the MOL-Revived (Need a fancy name for it, anyone want to give a name?! :) ) ascends into the skies! But As The Martian (may) have taught you, rush job missions never really work well all the time... 

Edball's pure confidence doesn't serve him well, though launch site operators don't play much roles in launches. In other news, i've written a set of guidelines for my characters, though it may not be fully realized.... 

Cast: Edball Kerman-Rockomax Launch pad operator, Wernher Von Kerman-Cheif Rocket Scientist of the KSP, Valentina Kerman-KAF Captain, KSC Lead Commander.

K1ZCrHa.pngOWq1H4r.png5D8HCQP.pngNotes:The bug at the end is likely a scatterer bug, but if The Asteroid Sentinels has a sequel....   

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Meinsnacks indeed! And thanks for the Parkuzz satellite :) 

Parkuzz satellite was a subtle reference to both you and Parkaboy. I suppose the pronunciation is "Parkaz" :).  Also, when you think about it, almost all comic books in the KSP mission reports were updated in the space of a day! Do you have any ideas for naming the "MOL-Revived". For one thing, Edball described the rebirth of the rocket as a Phoenix, looks like he was right literally :).  

For the upcoming interlude, I'll probably give the characters more "flaws" so to speak... I'm also planning a several part "Christmas Special" or "New Years Special" during Winter Break along with the trios adventures. 

Also... 600 Rep, haven't gotten a milestone for a long time.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Today will either be THE Holiday Special, or will be the first of a couple, featuring ♫ Kerbal Wonderland ♫, a major hit across Kerbin! M:VP, and the yet to be renamed KOL/MOL docks together, and now they can start repairing the ship, but since it's Kerbmas, they have to give out the presents first!

QOYwl86.png

WfTGior.png

k29cz9v.pngI wish you all some happy holidays (though you can expect either the series finale, or some The Asteroid Sentinels postcards tomorrow)! 

Now your pick: should Val stay aboard M:VP and end up entangled in the fiasco of a journey or stay aboard KOL (still to be renamed, any suggestions?) and avoid getting entangled and avoid the journey?

54 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I think Val should go on the voyage.

Thanks for the song!  I enjoyed that.

Happy landings!

Alright, your vote is considered! 

I'm planning on making more songs over the next few days! This one of course, was a parody of "Winter Wonderland".

Edit:We did it! We officially crossed 10K views! Soon 100 replies!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Great song ;).

I think Val should go.  She definitely brings the party ;).  I don't have any good names for MOL though, sorry.

EDIT:  I just thought of one, but it's a self-disparaging acronym such as I usually use for my own ships.

CRACKHOUSE (Center for Resource Abundance Circling Kerbin High Over Utilitarian Surface Endeavors).

Edited by Geschosskopf

Val decides to go with the crew of the "Mission Very Possible" and help them on there crazy adventure. With everything fixed, they decide to depart-but the rocket stage they have won't be enough both get to the mun and orbit it. The ARM spacecraft is in orbit around the Mun. What's the solution? Find out in the finale of Series 5 aka another Holiday special (unfortunately delayed a few days)!BlwJ7s9.pngLGpkdm3.pnga4M62EB.pngfxnC5bG.pngSo what's your idea for helping the MVP into orbit around the Mun? After Series 5 will be another interlude. I'll note Series 5 was more consistent in episode length, at about 2-4, unlike series 4's 1-6. it's also a bit shorter. The full series 5 album will be up on the first page. This also marks 100 posts!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.