The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

28 minutes ago, rlin said:

Where did you get the nuclear warheads, anyway?

It never occurred to me that KIS explosives could destroy buildings. Hm...

Actually I haven't actually tested the explosive powers of the KIS explosives involving KSC buildings yet... The KIS explosive was simply rather conveniently sized for "filming" purposes. 

The nuclear warheads are from the mod North Kerbin Dynamics.

In other news, I somewhat fear that I may not be able to exactly demonstrate a potential destruction of the asteroid—1.2.0 freezes when I encounter it, and 1.0.5 (the one where I can actually use Kerbpaint) seems quite broken, with the game refusing to load the 1.2.0 version that I've been using recently, and any rockets that reach ~10 kilometers flip out of control and the camera stops following the ship. 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

5 hours ago, rlin said:

I'm hoping for big boom. However, those MIRVs are very hard to work with.

"Betterthink"? How Orwellian.

They worked during testing, but whether they work in practice... I'm not too sure...

It's a little ironic how Mortimer is such a passionate supporter against the RDF yet does things not much different from the RDF itself...

Finished taking the screenshots on this big episode, though I may need to draw a couple things. Here's a teaser pic!MO7ayoC.png

Leave feedback to tell me what you think of the series and what I could improve.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

That was great!!!  I think my favorite part was the hand drawn "fix"... that was so Kerbal!!!  :D

Thanks! I wasn't sure if that little diagram of the solution to the two asteroid destroyers would be confusing or unreadable, but I can certainly imagine Bill quickly writing on his K-Pad that drawing to show to Jeb and Val.

5 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure if that little diagram of the solution to the two asteroid destroyers would be confusing or unreadable, but I can certainly imagine Bill quickly writing on his K-Pad that drawing to show to Jeb and Val.

That's exactly how I saw it. Bill frantically drawing lines... 

"...just do this... then this... then this.... sure, it'll work!!!"  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, rlin said:

I'm secretly hoping that the debris (discarded warheads and fuel tanks, along with pieces of the asteroid) will hit Barbarry's house and RDF HQ.

While unlikely and would certainly cause an outrage across Kerbin, that is quite an interesting idea, that's for sure! :P 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

2 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

While unlikely and would certainly cause an outrage across Kerbin, that is quite an interesting idea, that's for sure! :P 

...And somehow makes me think of this:

https://xkcd.com/1532/ (alt-text)

https://what-if.xkcd.com/137/ (the part about the RTGs)

The Kerbal Union might have some trouble on that one.

1 minute ago, rlin said:

...And somehow makes me think of this:

https://xkcd.com/1532/ (alt-text)

https://what-if.xkcd.com/137/ (the part about the RTGs)

The Kerbal Union might have some trouble on that one.

I'm sure our dear kerbal Mortimer will manage to work through the err... Mortifying paperwork.

The wild ride comes to an end with this finale episode of The Asteroid Sentinels! 

Z08TrSh.pngiNCdQa3.pngxQWwVEm.pngpLQuAXR.pngCXlC0BI.pngOMl5FG5.pngZILQnD7.pngI thank each and everyone of you who've given this graphic novel a try! The Asteroid Sentinels was once planned to be a short little comic based on the Asteroid Day mod and it became so much larger! This was a great series for me to learn how to write a story!

I'd like to give a shoutout to @Kuzzter for the great stories that made me try out a comic for this story, and for being both a source of great inspiration and feedback! I'd also like to thank @Just Jim and @insert_name for being great readers who've stuck around to read a lot of my recent stories! 

I also thank everyone at the Thread for Writers thread for being a source of inspiration and tips! Lastly, I'd like to  thank the mod-makers of the mods I used—this story would not be complete without them!

Thanks everyone for reading, I hope to see you all in the next story!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.